Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

AMA competitor launches! Sportfliers.com $20 per year

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

AMA competitor launches! Sportfliers.com $20 per year

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 11:03 PM
PacificNWSkyPilot
My Feedback: (19)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: AMA competitor launches! Sportfliers.com $20 per year

I think it's safe to say that "The 27" as I so generously refer to the handful of them, are for the most part not actually RC-worthy individuals.

Nothing we can do about it, of course, but the GOOD news is that there's nothing they can do about the AMA either.

Sad that they have to live with themselves every day........

Jimbo
Old 10-04-2009, 11:04 PM
PacificNWSkyPilot

ORIGINAL: YogoBlue

Frau Blucher?????
WHHIIIINNNNEEEEYYY!

Jimbo
Old 10-04-2009, 11:16 PM
KidEpoxy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"I think it's safe to say that "The 27" as I so generously refer to the handful of them, are for the most part not actually RC-worthy individuals."

did...
did I just get called... a Ukie?

Dude, you need to sit down and have a LOOOOONG talk with your DVP about your issues
Old 10-04-2009, 11:18 PM
PacificNWSkyPilot

I just had a PM from somebody in here, and it occured to me that the attitude I see sometimes in RCU is the cut-throat GAMER attitude.

Gamers so often cannot separate themselves from the game, and if somebody dies or gets hurt in their games, no big deal. They're even proud of it. They're encouraged to be the most vicious.

I truly believe that we have increasing numbers of Gamers in the hobby who cannot or will not view it as a hobby. It's just another game to them.

THAT, my friends, is the most sobering thought of all. It doesn't just threaten or eat away at the AMA. It could eat away at everything this hobby ever stood for, everything good about it, everything that made it so rewarding. It's literally the Langoliers of our RC hobby world. Now, THAT is scarey.

Jimbo
Old 10-04-2009, 11:22 PM
PacificNWSkyPilot

ORIGINAL: KidEpoxy

''I think it's safe to say that ''The 27'' as I so generously refer to the handful of them, are for the most part not actually RC-worthy individuals.''

did...
did I just get called... a Ukie?

Dude, you need to sit down and have a LOOOOONG talk with your DVP about your issues
No, actually YOU are usually just a big pain to me. You actually haven't said anything that makes me think of you as something like a Gamer or less human than you should be. A few others....THEY worry me....

Jimbo
Old 10-04-2009, 11:30 PM
YogoBlue
My Feedback: (17)

Hence the quality bumper sticker so often found in South Texas

"My Gamer can Frag your Honor Student"

I guess the ole man got Fragged

Old 10-04-2009, 11:37 PM
PacificNWSkyPilot

Yeah, NOT funny in this case...

Jimbo
Old 10-05-2009, 12:47 AM
Hossfly

ORIGINAL: TexasSkyPilot

READ a bit more carefully. I was making reference to SFA having been around quite a number of years ago.... and that they've never done anything with it, if they're even still out there.

C'mon, folks, READ....You're scaring me here.

Jimbo
Why don't you read and keep up if you expect same of others? [>:] SFA has been gone a long time. I don't keep tally on such dates, however the late RCUer, Red Shoefield can give you the history by the minute.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:30 AM
PacificNWSkyPilot

YOU don't keep tally on the dates when yet another AMA competitor bit the dust, but I, who didn't think they would last, SHOULD?

Get a life, Horace!

My point is well-made, ESPECIALLY in light of their demise. Not another thing needs to be done about it.

Every single post I've made here adds up to just a few words, and I could have shown the arrogance to use them right up front, but they mean even more using them NOW;

Bring them on. They won't last. We have had the answer for 50 years. AMA.

Jimbo
Old 10-05-2009, 06:36 AM
SlabBro

First off, the old prune was an officer of the club. Who was Scott gonna gripe? And it was OK for the old man to give him straight up crap for the whole year cuase he wanted to learn 3D? and it was wrong off Scott to make a smart ass remark, but the old ass has no liablility in the fact that he took the bet? A young man took advantage of the old man? As stated before, takes two t o tangle and yes, to me it was sweet poetic justice. If it was me the old man treated like that, he would have gotten hit in the mouth several times. Yeah I would have thrown out of the club, but it would have been worth it. Me and Scott came up the hard, and had to fight for everything we've accomplished in life. Someone like that old man had it coming in every way shape and form!!!!
it's called karma, and the golden rule. the old man broke the golden rule and got what he deserved from karma.

And yes, it does pertain to the ama, if it wasn't for the old prune officer, Scott would have loved that club, and the ama, instead, he hates the club setting, thinks ama is a joke cause of the constant "chartered club" wording all in the ama codes-suggestions, etc.

I don't care you guys think ill of Scott, and I know he could care less of what you think of him. The old man bit off more than he could chew,even with the practice of chewing on Scott all year. And after the experiences I've had with "non savory" club members, I applaud Scott and advise the other mouthy old ****s to think before you open your mouth, it could cost you more than you think, like your precious club when everyone stops coming around cause of these old farts. That causes lose of clubs, which does affect the ama. can I be any clearer on how it affects the ama.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:44 AM
PacificNWSkyPilot

Doesn't change a thing about who Scott really is. We all have to live with that. There are a lot of Scotts out there these days.

I don't think I could be any clearer on how THAT affects the hobby as a whole, without AMA ever coming into it.

It was a lowlife thing for him to do. You go ahead and applaud him all you like, it just shows your true colors. Doing the wrong thing is ALWAYS doing the wrong thing.

If it costs the old farts the club, then THAT is something I can live with. Because that is a straight and true result. If it's a REAL club, the membership will take over and straighten things out.

So many of you think everything should be handed to you. Those that feel that way do not belong in this hobby, where we help each other and care about each other. Real life rules apply here in the hobby. It's recreation, not a break away from real life. Stealing is still stealing. Less than admirable behavior WILL NOT be admired.

Don't come in here with it thinking it will be.

Jimbo
Old 10-05-2009, 07:54 AM
SlabBro

STEALING? That is some harsh **** to imply right there!!!! Karma is a mean $%tch, watch what you say of others, it will bite you back.

True colors? That old man spent several months on Scott's back with out him retorting at all. Scott turned the other cheek several, several times without a comment in return. But after all that, Scott gets even and you call him a thief??[X(]

Sounds to me like you and the old man should meet. Then you guys could sit around and talk about how the world has done you wrong and how it's just wrong and how it's "owed" to you to act that way towards others.

Meet several club members like you, big mouth, little brain, and even less common sense it seems. The fact that you put it all off Scott as stealing shows your true colors also!!

HEY< maybe you and old man could meet and get that special 12.95 insurance

Old 10-05-2009, 07:59 AM
SlabBro

And who said anything about things being handed to them? He has put in hours and hours a week to get the skills he has, nothing was handed to him,ever. He doesn't spend the whole week on the computer putting down others like you and and fly two times on sunday and call it all good. You texas are not like the friends I have made from texas. They are good people who don't sit around belittle others from a key board.

Sounds to me like someone has put you in your place before and may be the reasoning for all the lowlife things you have to say about others. Lose of a bet is not stealing you ****tard!!!!!
Old 10-05-2009, 08:04 AM
PacificNWSkyPilot

Argue all you like. Stealing is stealing, taking advantage of somebody is still taking advantage of them, and doing the wrong thing is still doing the wrong thing.

Live with it.

All he had to do was win graciously, not take the guy's stuff. The fact that you argue so vehemently on his behalf speaks volumes about YOU as a person.

The fact that YOU think I'm dead wrong is something I take as a COMPLIMENT.

We're not in this hobby to steal from each other, we're not in this hobby to have mini-wars within the clubs. The fact that you think ANY of that was well-done is decidedly distasteful. I won't waste my time telling you what grown-ups would have done in the same instances. Suffice it to say that NONE of what you spoke of was done in the spirit of our great RC hobby.

But your case is hardly the only such case, and you bring much illumination to the questions of what the AMA has to deal with out there on a daily basis.

Yep. 58 Bucks is a DEAL for us. Not so sure that the AMA gets a bargain with the lot of us out here stirring things up all the time.

Jimbo
Old 10-05-2009, 08:13 AM
PacificNWSkyPilot

ORIGINAL: cubmaster126

And who said anything about things being handed to them? He has put in hours and hours a week to get the skills he has, nothing was handed to him,ever. He doesn't spend the whole week on the computer putting down others like you and and fly two times on sunday and call it all good. You texas are not like the friends I have made from texas. They are good people who don't sit around belittle others from a key board.

Sounds to me like someone has put you in your place before and may be the reasoning for all the lowlife things you have to say about others. Lose of a bet is not stealing you ****tard!!!!!
Who cares WHAT was handed to him? I will believe you that nothing was ever handed to him, it probably didn't last long enough where it was for that if HE was around.

I spend very little time at the computer, but then I have skills too and can type 90 words a minute. I spend much time doing many other things. I wrote novels! Dealing with you and your friends and others is easy and not time-consuming. Knowing right from wrong is the key. You should try it some time.

Me being put in my place before? You're darn right. Others have lead by example before me. The difference between you and I is that when I have been reminded that good people treat other people well, I listened and did not swear at the one offering good advice.

Your reaction is just that....reaction. Not response. You know that I'm right,and it bugs you that you're backing a loser who did wrong.

Jimbo
Old 10-05-2009, 08:19 AM
SlabBro

So then in all your great advice, it was ok for the man to treat Scott that way? Even though Scott was the bigger man for months? but wrong for scott to finally have enough?
yeah, great advice in there! Write on Texas, your widom entrances me!
Old 10-05-2009, 08:22 AM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Okay, you guys were warned about firing away on each other and not the subject matter. This ones closed. Dave