Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

AMA -GETTING BETTER ALL THE TIME

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

AMA -GETTING BETTER ALL THE TIME

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 09:12 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default AMA -GETTING BETTER ALL THE TIME

I just want to say thanks to the AMA leadership at all levels-since the majority are volunteers "thanks" is the only currency they accept. I recently attended the 9th Jim Rice Memorial open fly-in here in District VIII and saw a large number of AVP's as well as Mr. Cherry and Mr. Rice.

It was a great fly-in even with the rains, I saw these men and women work and play to insure everyone could have a good time. The majority of this leadership travels to these meeting at their expense as well as the dedication of time expecting nothing in return-it could be a thankless job but I am here to say "Thank you".

I have been to three fly-ins this year and have seen Jim Rice and my AVP at all three of them. Jim had his bipe out this weekend and they were busy signing new members up and flying with his highly modified model-it is amazing to see young people fly rc for the first time.

Old 10-04-2009, 09:30 PM
KidEpoxy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AMA -GETTING BETTER ALL THE TIME

If the AMA could provide some of that kickazz BBQ to all clubs
the membership ranks would swell tenfold:
Come for the brisket, stay for the flyin

I was going to give my MVP nod to the Ground Bosses, excellent job keeping the traffic flowing,
till I saw the BBQ Tender standing in 3" of water,
wearin a garbage bag poncho as a deluge of rain, then hail, pummeled the tarp,
risking life & limb in copious lightning
to make sure we had a mighty fine meal
Old 10-04-2009, 09:52 PM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

ORIGINAL: PLANE JIM

I just want to say thanks to the AMA leadership at all levels-since the majority are volunteers ''thanks'' is the only currency they accept. I recently attended the 9th Jim Rice Memorial open fly-in here in District VIII and saw a large number of DVP's as well as Mr. Cherry and Mr. Rice.

It was a great fly-in even with the rains, I saw these men and women work and play to insure everyone could have a good time. The majority of this leadership travels to these meeting at their expense as well as the dedication of time expecting nothing in return-it could be a thankless job but I am here to say ''Thank you''.

I have been to three fly-ins this year and have seen Jim Rice and my DVP at all three of them. Jim had his bipe out this weekend and they were busy signing new members up and flying with his highly modified model-it is amazing to see young people fly rc for the first time.

Plane Jim,

I am not sure but you may mean to say AVP(s) instead DVP(s)...since Jim R. is our district’s one and only DVP.

Anyway, you are right about Jim getting out to the fly-ins as he has been to a few I have attended as well. I even had the distinction of having him personally give me a "the most impressive flight award” at one of them.

Yes, he is working hard to promote AMA and deserves acknowledgment and a payment of thanks for his tireless efforts.

Thanks Jim.
Old 10-04-2009, 10:21 PM
PLANE JIM

Yes you are correct-thanks
Old 10-05-2009, 12:32 PM
crash99
My Feedback: (3)

That would never happen in Missouri. We even offered to put our AVP in a nice hotel and he still selected an IL event. We have sent photo's of our event over the years but we still see Il. photos. I think I saw a St louis club once.

It just goes to show you the AVP is very over rated.

Crash99
Old 10-05-2009, 02:18 PM
PLANE JIM

We have great AVP's here-I am really not trying to rate them-just give thanks to a job well done..