Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

AMA Forum

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 02:33 PM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AMA Forum

ORIGINAL: Hossfly

He replied:
I snipped it.
It added nothing to the thread and came across as a personal attack on Dr. Frank. Hence it fell outside of the posting guidelines from Dave M.
Peter+
Peter Vogel
AMA L732
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Heck, just let him make all the posts for you...I do...and none ever get removed...LOL Amazing how many people agree now...LOL
Old 02-09-2010, 03:56 PM
Muroc1

ORIGINAL: mongo

ORIGINAL: Muroc1

ORIGINAL: KidEpoxy

Frank
Shouldn't we help make that forum valuable regardless of what we think of someone that posts there, here, or anywhere else. Not everyone can like everyone, that's a given. I would think we could overlook those differences we have with other people and not be bothered by that if we wanted to make the AMA forum a benefit for all users and onlookers.
you keep saying you want ''we'' to behave,
yet ''you'' (y'all) are still slinging the hate & bait:
that garbage post you made accusing folks of wanting the AMA to fail aint ancient history, its the current situation that you tout as such an improvement over when everyone was constantly sniping at KidEpoxy.
Sure its quieter now,
now that I dont go there to get beat up on anymore, there are a lot fewer posts of y'all beating up on me.
I occasionally post, to see if you guys still are open season on KE,
and sure enough I still get junk like your 'want the ama to fail' RecArg attack, when the topic was how the chosen ones now agree with what the so called heretics have been saying for years: Change or kill PPP.

Frank, if you want that forum to not have attack/bait posts,
maybe you could stop attacking/baiting people as well.
But the past & current system of folks like you get to attack and KE gets threatened not to debunk their fallacies
is not what you just described
Ken,

I'm sorry you feel folks are beating up on you. I do not think folks are gunning for you as you say, but I know for one that I am not. If I have given you that impression then I apologize.

Frank
it is not how you intended it to came across that counts, frank, rather how it is received that matters.
and yes, you DO come across as attacking folks, a lot.

mongo,

I couldn't agree with you more. It's the perception that matters.

Frank
Old 02-09-2010, 04:10 PM
Muroc1

Thanks again for sharing your candid comments about the AMA forum. I really believe the forum will be a benefit for ALL members and non members alike. Only time will tell, but I do think it will be.

Frank
Old 02-10-2010, 06:09 AM
Stickbuilder

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks again for sharing your candid comments about the AMA forum. I really believe the forum will be a benefit for ALL members and non members alike. Only time will tell, but I do think it will be.

Frank
I'll share my thoughts about the AMA forum, especially the non member thread. The same old guys are making the same old arguments, and slinging the same old mud as they did here, and on RC Groups. No moderation, no administration. Red and his gang are impervious to any action. They wonder why the AMA is not growing.........Who would want to join a group that is represented by that Old Grouch?

Bill, AMA 4720

Post edited by Stickbuilder.
Old 02-10-2010, 09:51 AM
skipperwayne

Bill, I notice that you've posted several entries in the AMA forum. It looks to me like you're trying to deliberately get your posts deleted and yourself a timeout so you can badmouth the AMA forum here and elsewhere. Am I close?
Old 02-10-2010, 10:58 AM
littlecrankshaf

Just read this over there:

AMA membership
has Benefits,
Privileges &
Responsibilities.

Outlaws can go elsewhere.

Seems to me Stick is making some good points.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:10 AM
Mode One

Old 02-10-2010, 12:52 PM
littlecrankshaf

ORIGINAL: Mode One

Come on Children, lets be nice!!
Why post that here??? Try it where it is needed.

Look, it is those that profess to be so very pro AMA that is absolutely killing the organization.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:37 PM
KidEpoxy

Is calling other posters children an accepted way to civilly communicate on the AMA's board?

Cause I would love to sling that slur at a few guys there,
but I somehow think I would not be allowed to.

Mode-
another way you could have said that is
Come on guys, lets be nice.
.... see how it is just as effective, but not an attack if you simply leave the namecalling out of it.

Dont you see how calling others a child only baits them to return that label?
Well, unless your plan all along was just to bait us... then you're right on target with a well played RecArg.

Why must otherwise valid positions & posts
be ruined by folks needing to add the extraneous cheap shot or name calling.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:58 PM
K-Bob
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: KidEpoxy

Why must otherwise valid positions & posts
be ruined by folks needing to add the extraneous cheap shot or name calling.
The $64K question.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:12 PM
Stickbuilder

ORIGINAL: skipperwayne

Bill, I notice that you've posted several entries in the AMA forum. It looks to me like you're trying to deliberately get your posts deleted and yourself a timeout so you can badmouth the AMA forum here and elsewhere. Am I close?
You obviously have selective reading. Most of my posts are in rebuttal to something that has already been posted. A ban will net them something that they won't believe.

Bill, AMA 4720
Old 02-10-2010, 04:32 PM
KidEpoxy

Its odd that Skipper sees Red & Stick arguing there (aka Stick upset at Reds slight of him),
buy only sees Stick at risk of deletion or ban.
Is it really that obvious and public knowlege, that there is nothing Red can say or do that will bring repercussion?

Although, it does help illustrate a point:
The problem at our AMA Board are NOT just one guy continuing to make attacks,
but the usual suspects still at their usual attitude driven games,
despite Franks vision of a Kinder-Gentler AMA Board.

The problem is not Frank. Its not Mode, and its not Red.
Its the widespread attitude and acceptance from on high
that there is a group of members that it is ok to insult/slur/mock (in violation of our AMA board rules).

Why does Skipper see Stick as provoking a ban by responding to Red mocking him,
but Red is exposed to no such risk of enforcement for doing that mocking in the first place
Old 02-10-2010, 06:19 PM
Mode One

Come on guys, lets be nice!!

Is that better? I think people seem to be a tad touchy! Did I say a particular point of view was not playing nice, NO! Just making a general comment on the warm-friendly atmosphere here. Personally, I think everyone should take a break from here, their opinions and stop and smell the roses! There can't possibly be anything in AMA land that can be causing this much Rancor!
Old 02-10-2010, 06:53 PM
Mode One

What just happened, here? 10 to 15 posts appear to be missing?
Old 02-10-2010, 07:15 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

That is correct, there was a string of posts removed. A member earlier had chosen to remove the content of his post, therefore all the posts that replied to that post was removed no longer made any sense as there was no context for their replies. I have two choices in a case like this, I can restore the post that was removed in order to maintain the continuity of the thread, or I can simply remove the string of replies to that post. Since the post that was removed, and the replies, weren't even really on topic I choose to simply remove the replies from the thread.

Ken

Old 02-10-2010, 08:53 PM
Muroc1

ORIGINAL: cj_rumley

ORIGINAL: mongo

if those folks were actually posting material, yeah, you would have a point. it seems, that it is still the same 6-7 folks that have always been the post leaders that are making the lions share of all the post over there, and the new signs just lurk or whatever members that are not posting do.
Hi mongo-

There's a seekrit plan to generating subscriber numbers at work that you might have noticed (RCU Admin take note.....). Pretty ingenious and elegant in a way - there is no provision made for unsubscribing, and accordingly the numbers can only increase.....it's the freakin' Hotel California. I signed in early on, lurked for a while to scope out what was being discussed and in particular by whom and soon decided it wasn't a 'club' I wanted to be a part of. Three PM exchanges with Admin later I did get dropped from the list. I think DM was the only Admin at that time and I felt sorry for wasting his time, but there was no other way outta that place.
CJ,

I dig some digging on how to un-subscribe from forums. I checked in the popular forums I visit, and the only site I found that you can self-destruct yourself out of the forum is this one -RCU. So it's not unusual to have to contact the site's admin to be removed from the site. One site said it is not even possible to delete your account, you just quit posting there.

So if you got the Admins to remove your account, I think they may have been more than accommodating. Based on my research anyway.

Frank

EDIT: RCU only allows you do drop your account/username but all posts remain under that username. Sorry if I wasn't clear on that above. At least that's how I see it. RCKen, please correct me if I am wrong.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:55 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Fair enough...but what a waste of time for everyone involved, including the moderator.

The AMA's forum should eliminate all forms of interaction between members. All message traffic should be between the member and AMA, period. Any member to member accusations, inquiries, etc. should be submitted to the AMA in strict confidence and any violations in the slightest should be cause for a permanent banning of that member from the forum.

How difficult is that to digest?
Old 02-10-2010, 09:02 PM
Muroc1

ORIGINAL: combatpigg

Fair enough...but what a waste of time for everyone involved, including the moderator.

I agree. All forums should allow you to just delete your account login and say goodbye if you want. Kudos for RCU for allowing that.

Frank
Old 02-10-2010, 10:18 PM
littlecrankshaf

ORIGINAL: combatpigg

The AMA's forum should eliminate all forms of interaction between members. All message traffic should be between the member and AMA, period. Any member to member accusations, inquiries, etc. should be submitted to the AMA in strict confidence and any violations in the slightest should be cause for a permanent banning of that member from the forum.

How difficult is that to digest?
Not sure if I totally agree but I think it would be a whole better if some people (Who ber) would quit tripping all over themselves to give their unique and less than desired response to genuine questions posed for official answers.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:39 PM
cj_rumley

Thank you Frank. The compulsion to find an exit was something out of the ordinary for me and my expectations of what would/should be provided for exercising that option may have been borne of ignorance. I don't recall any previous incidence of being so disgusted with what I saw in a on-line forum that I had presumed might be relevant to my interests that I felt motivated to 'self-destruct out of it' (and you are on the mark with that characterization of my urge to split and sweep away tracks of having been there). In fairness I should reiterate that I visited early on, and don't discount the probability that things have improved.

Lest you may think that my reaction of disgust was a reflection of anti-AMA sentiment on my part, it was in fact quite the opposite. I do not care to elaborate on that so take my word for it or leave it as you will.

It appears now that some of the onus for making it an asset to AMA falls on your shoulders. I wish you well in that endeavor.

Cletus
Old 02-10-2010, 11:43 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

EDIT: RCU only allows you do drop your account/username but all posts remain under that username. Sorry if I wasn't clear on that above. At least that's how I see it. RCKen, please correct me if I am wrong.

This is absolutely correct. There is the ability for members to self deactivate their own accounts. But all posts remain viewable.

Ken
Old 02-11-2010, 04:47 AM
Muroc1

ORIGINAL: cj_rumley

Thank you Frank. The compulsion to find an exit was something out of the ordinary for me and my expectations of what would/should be provided for exercising that option may have been borne of ignorance. I don't recall any previous incidence of being so disgusted with what I saw in a on-line forum that I had presumed might be relevant to my interests that I felt motivated to 'self-destruct out of it' (and you are on the mark with that characterization of my urge to split and sweep away tracks of having been there). In fairness I should reiterate that I visited early on, and don't discount the probability that things have improved.

Lest you may think that my reaction of disgust was a reflection of anti-AMA sentiment on my part, it was in fact quite the opposite. I do not care to elaborate on that so take my word for it or leave it as you will.

It appears now that some of the onus for making it an asset to AMA falls on your shoulders. I wish you well in that endeavor.

Cletus
You're welcome Cletus. Your last post made me curious about how forums handle folks wanting to close their accounts so I did some checking into it.

Frank
Old 02-11-2010, 04:48 AM
Muroc1

ORIGINAL: RCKen

This is absolutely correct. There is the ability for members to self deactivate their own accounts. But all posts remain viewable.

Ken
Thanks for confirming that Ken. I appreciate it.

Frank
Old 02-13-2010, 07:27 AM
Stickbuilder

Another thing that I've noticed in the AMA forum is that you can have a post deleted, with no notification, or reason. Just, "Poof" It's gone. At the same time, another member who makes his post that is aimed at you is impervious to having his post/s removed. Looks like selective moderation to me. Another shining example of, "Some pigs are more equal than others." (for you unwashed, that is a direct quote from Animal Farm)

Bill, AMA 4720
Old 02-13-2010, 08:34 AM
Muroc1

ORIGINAL: Stickbuilder

Another thing that I've noticed in the AMA forum is that you can have a post deleted, with no notification, or reason. Just, ''Poof'' It's gone. At the same time, another member who makes his post that is aimed at you is impervious to having his post/s removed. Looks like selective moderation to me. Another shining example of, ''Some pigs are more equal than others.'' (for you unwashed, that is a direct quote from Animal Farm)

Bill, AMA 4720

You too! I think "The Man" is trying to keep us down!!! [:'(]

In all fairness, I have had posts removed without notice on this forum as well.

Frank

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.