Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Where is my AMA membership?

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Where is my AMA membership?

Old 04-26-2010, 04:16 PM
ggtsu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where is my AMA membership?

I signed up through the website over 3 weeks ago and still have not received my AMA. I checked my bank, and the money was taken out of my account almost immediately, so what could possibly be taking so long. Also, I never received any sort of email confirmation after I signed up. I just got forwarded to the payment confirmation which supposedly can serve as a temporary membership. I do have that saved. Still, not getting a confirmation email is real sketchy. I develop websites for a living, and I'm pretty appalled at the utter lack of effort put into the AMA website, especially considering they are taking credit card information. I wanted to email someone, but I couldn't even find a way to do that. I tried using the ticketing system and signing up for the forum, but both of times got a page claiming that my cookies are off (they're not, and I tested this on two different browsers).

Does anyone have the email of someone that can look into my membership for me? Do memberships always take this long to arrive? I feel like I'm already regretting this.
Old 04-26-2010, 04:25 PM
vpresley
My Feedback: (162)

Default RE: Where is my AMA membership?

Jeez just give them a call, its pretty simple.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:03 PM
Muroc1

Seems like these posts always come in after hours.

Call (800) 435-9262 and they will answer your questions.

Frank
Old 04-26-2010, 06:15 PM
Silent-AV8R

Two clicks

Click 1 = ASK AMA tab on top right of main page

Click 2 = To contact an AMA staff person directly you may use the staff directory.

clicking on the "staff Directory" link gets you to this page:

http://www.modelaircraft.org/members...n/hqstaff.aspx

That page has several listings, including the AMA Membership Director: [email protected]

And 3 weeks is not out of line to receive your printed card. You were officially a member the moment your application and payment were received, but sometimes getting the card can take some time since they are printed in batches.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:21 PM
Jim Thomerson

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Because membership is the first encounter one has with the AMA operation, It always, without fail, should be efficient and friendly. Making this so should be a top AMA priority.