Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

What do you know about EC expense accounts

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

What do you know about EC expense accounts

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 09:29 AM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you know about EC expense accounts

What does each member (position) of the EC get for an expense account?

A posting member of another AMA forum site stated that $17,000 is allocated for all (collectively speaking) of the VPs and their respective AVPs, yet another responder, that is actually running for Dist X, seemed to indicate $17.000 per each VP and their AVPs. The discrepancy has gone unanswered...Looked through AMA's website and couldn't find the info...

Oh BTW...it really should go without saying... but this is a topic for discussion, so the usual “call AMA†cry is misplaced here...the intent is for discussion of what the more knowledgeable here know so we can all learn...not just for someone making a call...so, what do you guys know? Anyone???
Old 05-10-2010, 05:16 PM
Muroc1

Default RE: What do you know about EC expense accounts

I'd call AMA and find out.

Seriously though Mark, you could call and then let folks here know.

Frank
Old 05-10-2010, 05:33 PM
Silent-AV8R

Or call or email your District VP and ask them, or call or email Dave Mathewson. Seems like this is better gotten straight from the source rather than folks on the Internet.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:43 PM
koastrc

Like sgt Shultz I don't know.
What I would like to know is why the question and the not asking.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:09 PM
littlecrankshaf

Hmmm...115 views as of now and not one stab at an answer...I thought the class would do better than that.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:11 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: littlecrankshaf

A posting member of another AMA forum site stated that $17,000 is allocated for all (collectively speaking) of the VPs and their respective AVPs, yet another responder, that is actually running for Dist X, seemed to indicate $17.000 per each VP and their AVPs. The discrepancy has gone unanswered...Looked through AMA's website and couldn't find the info...

Oh BTW...it really should go without saying... but this is a topic for discussion, so the usual “call AMA†cry is misplaced here...the intent is for discussion of what the more knowledgeable here know so we can all learn...not just for someone making a call...so, what do you guys know? Anyone???

Well, I don't have an answer for that first question. I suggest you might call our DVP, Mr. Rice, and inquire. If push comes to shove, IIRC, such information cannot be held back from a member.

There are some items way back in the minutes of the EC meetings that you might dig into, and find some general answers.
At one time the funding per each DVP was based generally on the area of the district. They usually have the funding for travel to the big shows like the LA, CA show funded from a different budget.

As a clue here are some figures from the annual audit reports:

Officer services including magazines: 2008: $258,772 2007: $192,237
That is somewhat penny economics as the officer being an AMA Leader Open member gets the magazine anyway. OTOH maybe that is because he only pays 50% dues. Who Knows? [sm=confused.gif]

The 2009 audit report is not yet on the web. That generally happens later in the year after the Spring EC meeting (this past April) gets things hashed out.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:39 AM
Silent-AV8R

Hmmm...115 views as of now and not one stab at an answer...I thought the class would do better than that.

It baffles me why you're are not asking the people who actually can answer your question and instead seem confused why people without the information you seek are not answering it.
Old 05-11-2010, 02:35 AM
koastrc

I have pointed out to you more than once. You are a sharp dude. Alright lets us for a moment say I know the answer to the question. The real question here is why you wish to have it talked over. What is the objective?
Old 05-11-2010, 07:21 AM
K-Bob
My Feedback: (1)

Oh BTW...it really should go without saying... but this is a topic for discussion, so the usual “call AMA” cry is misplaced here...the intent is for discussion of what the more knowledgeable here know so we can all learn...not just for someone making a call...so, what do you guys know? Anyone???
The previous responders have violated to "no cry"condition set for the discussion though I'm a little confused by the request for the "more knowledgeable"to discuss an issue for the sake of discussing an issue while ruling out getting facts from the people who have the facts.

So here ismy misplaced cry to call the AMA and ask them directly. It has worked well in the past, usually after several, if not tens of pages, of speculation and recreational arguing.

Old 05-11-2010, 09:07 AM
littlecrankshaf

ORIGINAL: Silent-AV8R

It baffles me why you're are not asking the people who actually can answer your question and instead seem confused why people without the information you seek are not answering it.
Hmmm...your an DX AVP if I recall correctly...You seem to have much to say...everything except any real information...why is that???
Old 05-11-2010, 09:31 AM
littlecrankshaf

ORIGINAL: koastrc

I have pointed out to you more than once. You are a sharp dude. Alright lets us for a moment say I know the answer to the question. The real question here is why you wish to have it talked over. What is the objective?
I thought it was clear that it was a test of sorts to see what people here know...but alas...as per usual...as I figured...even though admonished otherwise...the cry "call AMA" is supreme... I guess all AMA forums could just be rendered into one sticky post..."call AMA"...get their version...do not share insights...

What is amazing is those that I have seen look in here, that should know, that has yet to respond...and guess what...they are the AMA...

Hmm...
Old 05-11-2010, 09:47 AM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Whatever the exact amount turns out to be, I'm sure it will be only a drop in the bucket compared to the tremendous value that the expense has for the good of the organization and for the membership........
Old 05-11-2010, 09:54 AM
littlecrankshaf

ORIGINAL: combatpigg

Whatever the exact amount turns out to be, I'm sure it will be only a drop in the bucket compared to the tremendous value that the expense has for the good of the organization and for the membership........

I am sure you are right.

And if some of the VPs chime in, we will probably learn they put a considerable amount of dollars in themselves...something that can't be learned by calling the AMA...
Old 05-11-2010, 01:18 PM
Silent-AV8R

Hmmm...your an DX AVP if I recall correctly...You seem to have much to say...everything except any real information...why is that???

Because I do not have that information, so I directed you to the people who do and whom you still refuse to contact. Why is that???
Old 05-11-2010, 01:21 PM
littlecrankshaf

Because I do not have that information...
You input has been of a real value...Thanks...exactly as I thought.
Old 05-11-2010, 04:57 PM
K-Bob
My Feedback: (1)

thought it was clear that it was a test of sorts to see what people here know...but alas...as per usual...as I figured...even though admonished otherwise...the cry "call AMA" is supreme... I guess all AMA forums could just be rendered into one sticky post..."call AMA"...get their version...do not share insights...

What is amazing is those that I have seen look in here, that should know, that has yet to respond...and guess what...they are the AMA...

Hmm...
I think that's called trolling.

Hmmm.

I mean what the heck. There is a number. Some one at the AMA probably has that number. Any logical person wanting that information (for whatever reason)would ask the folks that have the information. Anything else is speculation and opinion. Responding to folks in a condescending manner won't get you any closer to the nymber.

Here's another idea. Askthe same question in the official AMA site's forum. Bet you get your answer and get it in short order.

Now if is really a "test to see what people here know"ask another question. We are 0-1 so far ............... let's try biology ..........
Old 05-11-2010, 05:44 PM
Muroc1

Jim Rice is a class act. He'll be glad to answer any questions you may have. He can be reached directly by email if need be.

Frank
Old 05-12-2010, 12:44 AM
KidEpoxy

OP:
yet another responder, that is actually running for Dist X, seemed to indicate $17.000 per each VP and their AVPs.

well, we could find out what a west coast district AVP gets
if we had a west coast AVP that frequented this forum, I bet he could tell ya what HE is allotted

Hey SILENT, take that bet?
Old 05-12-2010, 07:52 AM
Silent-AV8R

ORIGINAL: KidEpoxy

OP:
yet another responder, that is actually running for Dist X, seemed to indicate $17.000 per each VP and their AVPs.

well, we could find out what a west coast district AVP gets
if we had a west coast AVP that frequented this forum, I bet he could tell ya what HE is allotted

Hey SILENT, take that bet?

Oh well, I'll feed the trolls I guess. I am not allotted anything and have never submitted an expense voucher for any reason.
Old 05-12-2010, 09:25 AM
littlecrankshaf

Oh well, I'll feed the trolls I guess. I am not allotted anything and have never submitted an expense voucher for any reason.
Hmm...after a number of posts you finally give some actual info...but couldn't resist characterizing it as feeding trolls...I guess if someone calls AMA about some obscure info they'll put their hand over the phone and proclaim " I have a troll on line"...I gather that since you, as an AVP, are representative of AMA...Yep, your responses here makes one wonder how many aggravating phone calls might it take...Anyway, thanks for finally giving some insight.
Old 05-12-2010, 09:45 AM
Silent-AV8R

Hmm...after a number of posts you finally give some actual info...but couldn't resist characterizing it as feeding trolls...I guess if someone calls AMA about some obscure info they'll put their hand over the phone and proclaim '' I have a troll on line''...I gather that since you, as an AVP, are representative of AMA...Yep, your responses here makes one wonder how many aggravating phone calls might it take...Anyway, thanks for finally giving some insight.

Your response is the prefect definition of trolling. You have been told several times to contact your DVP for the information you seek, which you clearly refuse to do. Instead you take any answer as an opportunity to continue this thread.

You asked about DVP budgets. I have not given any information on that since I do not have any. I was asked what I as an AVP am allotted, and I answered that.

Once again, if your intention is to find out what the budget is for a District VP I encourage you to contact your District VP.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:03 AM
littlecrankshaf

Hmm...after a number of posts you finally give some actual info...but couldn't resist characterizing it as feeding trolls...I guess if someone calls AMA about some obscure info they'll put their hand over the phone and proclaim '' I have a troll on line''...I gather that since you, as an AVP, are representative of AMA...Yep, your responses here makes one wonder how many aggravating phone calls might it take...Anyway, thanks for finally giving some insight.

Your response is the prefect definition of trolling. You have been told several times to contact your DVP for the information you seek, which you clearly refuse to do. Instead you take any answer as an opportunity to continue this thread.

You asked about DVP budgets. I have not given any information on that since I do not have any. I was asked what I as an AVP am allotted, and I answered that.

Once again, if your intention is to find out what the budget is for a District VP I encourage you to contact your District VP.
Wrong.

Like I plainly stated from the very beginning I was looking for what you and others here know. Why you make the assumption I don't have some info is beyond me.

Now, how is it that AMA would know exactly what expenses you have or have not been reimbursed for???...It would be idiotic to even consider they should...your input here is how we learned that...is there anything in your subjective reality that will allow you to understand that?
Old 05-12-2010, 10:21 AM
Silent-AV8R

LCS, you started this thread with this:

You have been told to contact the DVP for that information. I do not have that information. The fact that I am not allotted any budget (nor are any AVPs) is not what you asked.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:31 AM
littlecrankshaf

LCS, you started this thread with this:

You have been told to contact the DVP for that information. I do not have that information. The fact that I am not allotted any budget (nor are any AVPs) is not what you asked.
So, we have established that you have made a number of posts...and by you very admission can not and have not given any useable info...sounds like your posts are trolling posts...you added nothing... posted just to incite argument...as it was clear from the beginning phone calls were considered...so your reiteration of the obvious is proof of your trolling posts...because that is all you have done...apparently...according to you!

Old 05-12-2010, 10:44 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Ok guys, I'm going to step in here for a second as there seems to be some people taking issues here with this thread. Littlecrankshaf's original post was very clear about what he wanted to discuss

I have included his ENTIRE original post because some people seem to want to selectively quote his post, and his intentions. I have highlighted the pertinent parts of his post. It is very clear that he wants to get into a discussion with other members in order to find out WHAT the general AMA public knows on this subject. Yes, he could call AMA to get a definitive answer to his question. However that is not his goal here, he wants to find out how many  people in the AMA know the answer. This is an entirely different issue than simply trying to find out the answer to how much is allotted (although I have a suspicion that he already knows what that amount is).

Because of that actions of a few here I'm going to have to step in. If you want to answer "call the AMA" or you want to argue about his motives here then I would suggest that you refrain from posting here, as any more posts along those lines will be removed. However, if you would like to discuss the issue as laid out by the original poster than by all means you are welcome to join in. But the "troll" accusations will stop now.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Ken

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.