Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Mike Moss on D 8 ballot - who is he?

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Mike Moss on D 8 ballot - who is he?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2003, 02:09 PM
J_R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mike Moss on D 8 ballot - who is he?

Michael Moss has been placed on the D-8 ballot. I know nothing about him and I am curious. Does anyone else know Mike or anything about him?

JR
Old 07-25-2003, 02:29 PM
dant-RCU
My Feedback: (3)

He has an introduction in the following post:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/showthread...680&forumid=38

Dann
Old 07-25-2003, 03:50 PM
J_R

mongo posted a similar, but, different letter:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/showthread...19#post1211327]
Old 07-25-2003, 05:01 PM
Ron S
My Feedback: (2)

Received 205 Likes on 125 Posts

So some of the most skilled fliers out there are Heli fliers, or Big bird fliers - which one!?

Or perhaps Big Bird Heli fliers is what he means???
Old 07-25-2003, 05:13 PM
J_R

In fairness to Mike, he apparently goes under the RCU name "garhide" and he posts in both bigbird and heli forums.

I just sent him the following note:

Hi Mike

My name is Jean-Pierre Rondot, AMA 732. I am a participant in the AMA discussion forum on RCU.

As a candidate for D8 VP, I would like to extend to you an invitation to come on in and get beaten up... er, I mean share your motives... oops, I mean visions and concerns about the AMA with us. I see that you are a long time RCU member. That's great.

One of your opponents, Horrace Cain, is an active target... oops, there I go again... an active participant in the forum.

I will post this invitation and hope you join us soon. Be forwarned that it can get contensious. Who knows? You might pick up a few votes.

JR
Old 07-25-2003, 05:18 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

who knows, ron.
but at least he is not afraid to commnicate with folks on electronic media.
i know he sent similar messages to the other heli web sites, and probably into other forums here on this site and others. i haven't bothered to read the ones at other places, as i figured they were all prety much the same general announcement.
i have met him, and flown with him at fly ins. he appears to be an up front kinda guy, even ifn he is backwater LA.
Old 07-25-2003, 05:21 PM
mongo

jr:
maby you can answer this one for me.

why is this forum hidden away in the airplane section?
does anybody know why?

i would expect it to be under the general heading, similar to clubhouse location, as ama is really not just for airplane guys, or is it?
Old 07-25-2003, 05:44 PM
J_R

I asked Marc about that before. When he gets done with the new RCU I am hopeful that he will get more involved, both as a participant and in promoting this forum. Time will tell.

I think your right, though. If it was listed right there with the clubhouse, or integrated into the clubhouse it would get more participation. I am not sure why Marc set it up alone, instead of just allowing AMA posts in the clubhouse. I am glad, however, that he lets us have some freedom. We do get just a touch contentious on occasion.

It could be that 95% of the members of RCU have absolutely no interest in what goes on here. The folks that do participate are capable of having a large influence on any election if they chose to take their opinions out into the real world and make the issues known. If each were to influence just 10 votes each, it might be enough to change an election. Apparently, there are a lot of lurkers, judging from the hit numbers on the threads.

JR
Old 07-25-2003, 05:51 PM
mongo

i can agree with all that.

i would have never found this forum, ama disc, if someone had not linked to a thread here in another forum. makes me wonder how many more could be participating, if this spot were easier to locate.
course, more participation means more of the rif raf, not unlike meself. so who knows what is really better.
Old 07-25-2003, 05:58 PM
J_R

Well, Mike got the message. I am not sure if it means he will or won't join us.

"hello Jean

I like your style of humor.

your friend
Mike moss"

hehe, and HC says I ain't got no sense of humor. Shows what he knows.

JR
Old 07-25-2003, 06:16 PM
mongo

i get the feeling, that i could hand you and hc each an orange, ask ya to tell me what it is, and i would get diametricly oposed answers from yall. both would be correct as far as they go, but both would be leaving out the parts that were not of import the the answer giver.
Old 07-26-2003, 01:56 AM
ArchB

Well, with some "gentle" persuasion, under duress, & against my better judgement , I have joined the forum.

J_R asks if any one knows Mike. I did when he was still up here in Mass some years ago before he moved to Louisiana

My Pappy said if I didn't have anything nice to say, don't say anything .........

is there a fourth choice y'all can mark on that ballot?

-Arch
Old 07-26-2003, 03:49 AM
GARHIDE

Default hows it going in boston

hello arch

you seem to have me at a disavantage i don't rember your real name. how is ricky holstrom doing.

your friend
mike moss
Old 07-26-2003, 05:59 AM
J_R

Hi Mike

Glad to see you took me up on the invitation

How about telling us why you are running for office? What do you think you can do that will improve on the job being done by Sandy Frank?

JR
Old 07-26-2003, 01:52 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned
My Feedback: (9)

Originally posted by mongo
jr:
maby you can answer this one for me.

why is this forum hidden away in the airplane section?
does anybody know why?

i would expect it to be under the general heading, similar to clubhouse location, as ama is really not just for airplane guys, or is it?

Just talked to Marc on this subject. He agrees. It will be moved as soon as they take care of some more pressing issues with the merger.

Red S.
Battery - Charger and Electric Power Systems moderator.
Old 07-26-2003, 07:08 PM
ArchB

Default Re: hows it going in boston

Originally posted by garhide
hello arch

you seem to have me at a disavantage i don't rember your real name. how is ricky holstrom doing.

your friend
mike moss
Ah sorry Mike, I just didn't want to express any negativity that came from my jealousy of the way you were able to support yourself and your modeling "habit" by understanding The System to the best of your benefit. I hope you are having as much available free time down there as you did up here (do I sound envious <g>). BTW, just how DID you do it ?

I am sure Rick is fine, I haven't seen him for some time. That's right, Rick and you were (still are?) tight. He taught you everything you know, if I recall. He must have been a good teacher, eh?

-Arch
Old 07-26-2003, 07:54 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned
My Feedback: (9)

Default Re: Re: hows it going in boston

Originally posted by ArchB
Ah sorry Mike, I just didn't want to express any negativity that came from my jealousy of the way you were able to support yourself and your modeling "habit" by understanding The System to the best of your benefit. I hope you are having as much available free time down there as you did up here (do I sound envious <g>). BTW, just how DID you do it ?

I am sure Rick is fine, I haven't seen him for some time. That's right, Rick and you were (still are?) tight. He taught you everything you know, if I recall. He must have been a good teacher, eh?

-Arch
Why do I get the feeling you are trying to tell us something here?
:spinnyeye

Red S.
Old 07-26-2003, 10:57 PM
mongo

ya know, if he is as good as you seem to imply at "working the system" maby he can get some stuff through the council that we need gotten through.
like maby a bylaws admendment for term limits. or one limiting the life of standing rules to 2 years max, before they have to be adopted as by law admendments or forever droped.
ya know stuff that would really make some sense.
Old 07-27-2003, 12:19 AM
abel_pranger

Originally posted by mongo
ya know, if he is as good as you seem to imply at "working the system" maby he can get some stuff through the council that we need gotten through.
like maby a bylaws admendment for term limits. or one limiting the life of standing rules to 2 years max, before they have to be adopted as by law admendments or forever droped.
ya know stuff that would really make some sense.
Mongo-
I like your wish list, though it's most unlikely that he's going to champion such causes. More in line with reality would be something along the lines of moving to greatly increase the DVP's expense allowances. D-5 would probably wake up long enough to second that motion.
Sorry, but you guys in D-8 are once again left without any viable choice for someone to represent you. You can only decide which candidate sucks less than the others. Lotsa luck.
If you can't find somebody capable to write in, write in your dog, or write in "none of the above is acceptable." I wonder..... if that response won by a plurality, would it force a new election starting with another goaround at nominations?

Abel
Old 07-27-2003, 12:26 AM
mongo

ya know, fer what it is worth, the old sov union had a none of the above option on their ballots, course the cost of checking it was a bit high.
Old 07-27-2003, 01:23 AM
SAPropbuster
My Feedback: (5)

Oh, I dunno, Able_Pranger, you might be surprised on who we CAN get in D-8....
More to be announced later..........
Old 07-27-2003, 01:34 AM
mongo

forgot to mention this a while ago:

but if "none acceptable" getting a plurality was cause for a new election, then wouldn't all the non votes count in that catagory? we could probably make a case for that being the situation in all the officer elections for the past decade or 2.
bob, i know not what yall san antonians are a planning, but i hope it works.
Old 07-27-2003, 03:14 AM
ArchB

Default Re: Re: Re: hows it going in boston

Originally posted by Red Scholefield
Why do I get the feeling you are trying to tell us something here?
:spinnyeye

Red S.
Red,

Actually, I'm trying NOT to tell you everything I've heard as
it is unethical to spread unsubstantiated rumors ..... especially if the subject were not able to refute them.

But since Mike is now actively running a semi-public campaign, any behavior that could reflect how he would fulfil the office is open to public discussion. AND now that we know Mike is listening, I would really like him to tell us how he was able to spend so many continuous "work days" at the field. The multiple reports are that he knew and played by the rules, but used them to work the minimal time to continue benefits.

MIKE, will you elaborate and fill in the blanks?

-Arch
Old 07-27-2003, 04:04 AM
J_R

I can't help but wonder where Our Friend Mike is.

He has an opportunity to express his views before he leaves town. Will he leave us to wonder for two months?

JR
Old 07-27-2003, 12:19 PM
abel_pranger

Originally posted by SAPropbuster
Oh, I dunno, Able_Pranger, you might be surprised on who we CAN get in D-8....
More to be announced later..........
Bob-
Having known guys from your district like George Aldrich, it would only surprise me if you couldn't get a worthy candidate in the running.
Looking forward to your further announcement.

Abel

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.