Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Keeping Non Members off the field

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Keeping Non Members off the field

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 04:00 PM
dbcisco
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Keeping Non Members off the field

Anyway, are you saying anyone with an AMA card can fly there or just those that are members of your club?
Do you have an exclusive lease? We can lease land in state parks (most are 99 year leases) that in essence carry the weight of public property.
Not clear on the specifics of your field.

I am not sure how an "AMA sanctioned field" can exist on public land and keep non-members off it.
Isn't that like a park that only allows "X club members" to drive snowmobiles there? Or a township only allowing AAA members to drive on the roads?
Old 08-13-2010, 04:50 PM
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: KidEpoxy

Cisco-
please refer to the second line of my Signature,
the quote of 804 regarding public flying on public land.
[:@]
Ah, that quote came from a thread where the county required
AMA membership.
The county did not, I repeat, did not, require club membership.

So yes, any member of the public, assuming they haven't been thrown out of the AMA,
can buy an AMA card and fly.

We been down this road before,
wanna argue the point some more?
Old 08-13-2010, 04:59 PM
dbcisco
Banned

The county can do anything they want.
I still say it is like telling everyone they have to have AAA to drive on county roads.
Most public parks I have worked with have a simple waiver to release them from all responsibility.
What does the county care if you injure someone as long as they can't be held responsible?
We allow hunting on public lands and all you need is a hunting license, no NRA card required.
OK, flying a plane is much more dangerous hundreds of guys shooting guns in the woods at the same time.
Old 08-13-2010, 05:51 PM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You guys are a hoot! I have truly enjoyed this thread
Old 08-13-2010, 05:54 PM
Tarasdad

Just for clarity's sake, there IS NO SUCH THING AS AN AMA SANCTIONED FIELD. Only CLUBS are sanctioned by the AMA, NOT fields.
Old 08-13-2010, 06:13 PM
cj_rumley

ORIGINAL: Tarasdad

Just for clarity's sake, there IS NO SUCH THING AS AN AMA SANCTIONED FIELD. Only CLUBS are sanctioned by the AMA, NOT fields.
tsk....

Clubs are chartered.

Every time I've made that abominable misrepresentation, some dork has revved up his keyboard to pound me for it - they're just lurking, waiting for somebody to do it. Kind of a weird hobby, but you know....
Old 08-13-2010, 06:30 PM
rambler53
My Feedback: (494)

ORIGINAL: Bluesangel

Nobody needs an AMA membership in the US (clarified). Just like no one needs car insurance. A sanctioned field requires membership in order for the members to have liability coverage. An AMA sanction at a field requires the pilots to be AMA members. Those annual dues help pay for that liability insurance coverage along with a host of other benefits.

Park Flyers and Helis don't need an AMA membership............ they won't hurt anyone............. FALSE!!!!!
Good, call AMA and get them to put up the fence, report and control the trespassing, and take gun control for the fees paid.

What? They don't do that? Then it's WORTHLESS COVERAGE!
Old 08-13-2010, 06:38 PM
dbcisco
Banned

Hey, why doesn't the AMA get a law passed to make it illegal to purchase, possess or fly any RC aircraft without an AMA membership.
Great way to increase membership.
Old 08-13-2010, 06:43 PM
outdoorhunting

# Signs. #2 Locked gate. #3 lead!!!!!!!!!!! enough said!!!!!!!!
Old 08-13-2010, 06:50 PM
Live Wire

No salt pork instead of LEAD boy does that stuff burn your hide[:@]
Old 08-13-2010, 07:14 PM
dbcisco
Banned

Neve heard of salt pork. However I do know people who reloaded shells with rock salt.
Old 08-13-2010, 07:34 PM
Live Wire

rock salt can cause damage, salt pork will just burn like hell, Bacon RineIn thin strip's[:@]
Old 08-13-2010, 08:06 PM
psb667

The parks department runs and sets up/maintains all the good fields in my area its $7 bucks for a day pass and $65 for a yearly renewall. They require that you have a ama card so that they can keep the field open for insurance reasons. they allow you to visit and fly three times a year without ama. But if you fly on the fields around the city you have to have ama to show up all the time. if you dont people seem to know and will sorta ridicule you. Ive seen more than one person come in all disgruntled with a brand new ama card to show everyone that he respects the field and the rules. Of course ive seen people start yelling and screaming about how noone will let them fly there 60 size trainer(give them a space to take off or land.) when theyve been out just one to many times without respecting the rules. the rangers all carry guns and tasers to but they usually only use them to scare the british.
Old 08-13-2010, 09:23 PM
cj_rumley

ORIGINAL: dbcisco

Hey, why doesn't the AMA get a law passed to make it illegal to purchase, possess or fly any RC aircraft without an AMA membership.
Great way to increase membership.
Not a bad idea db, but they're way ahead of you. It's being worked. Look into AMA's take on the sUAS ARC recommendations doc, starting [link=http://www.modelaircraft.org/faa/PositioningPaper.pdf]HERE[/link] and then follow the hypertext links.
Old 08-13-2010, 10:19 PM
dbcisco
Banned

It reads like the AMA wants to be a federal law making body and sole overseer of RC for the USA.
Sorry, I don't like the idea of letting any private organization in charge of law making and enforcement.
Imagine if the BATF turned over firearm laws to the NRA.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:13 PM
dbcisco
Banned

CJ, The more I read the angrier I got. The FAA was all but saying "we are going to leave RC pretty much alone" and the AMA basically said "No! We want it so that people have to join the AMA to fly."
Membership is falling so lets find a way to force people to join?
Not very ethical in my opinion.
Old 08-14-2010, 03:12 AM
Srewinkel

A very simple solution without gates or guns..  find a local towing company that is will to be on call for you.. (very easy to do) and post n the parking are.. "all non club members will be towed at owners expense"  Then when you see a non club member, call the towing company.  you want to make someone follow the law, or rules. make them pay for the violation.

as far as shooting trespassers, i wont shoot someone parked in my driveway, but here in arizona, your damn right i'll shoot someone crossing my ranch in the middle of the night.
Old 08-14-2010, 06:59 AM
13BT

You tail the guy back to his house.
Then break out a chair, table, cooler, and drinks in his front yard and fly your planes there all day. Nitro, for the extra peeve factor.
See how HE likes it.

And for that he will come outside and shoot you in the chest to see how YOU like it. [8D]
Old 08-14-2010, 08:01 AM
Live Wire

You must have a mess on your ranch
Old 08-14-2010, 09:00 AM
cloudancer03
My Feedback: (22)

good lord ...using deadly force you are crazy!!!first the guy was nice enough to give the non member flying an application .the club needs to install a gate with a lock that is known only to members .ours is changed annually and printed on the back of the members card.secondly post signs stating only members are allowed to fly.third if someone violates the rule call the local law agency and have them removedunless your wanting to shoot the guy like the idiot here would suggest.we just experienced a non member trying to fly at our field claiming the city owned the property and he had every right to use the land.we contacted the city manager and we were advised that our lease expressly approved our club to fly there and nobody else.all others were treaspassing and we were requested to call the police if they didnt leave.

it amazes me to think anyone would consider deadly force simply flying an airplane on private property.remind me to stay awayfrom those kinds of hillbillies.
Old 08-14-2010, 10:16 AM
dbcisco
Banned

Nah, bullets are cheaper than locks.

Does anyone seriously consider killing anyone here?
I think most understand that all the "shoot them" is joking based on the genuine laws in several states that do in fact allow such actions (under a variety of circumstances).
If you haven't figured it out, Nobody is shooting anyone. This is called "hypothetical", "sarcasm", "humor", etc.
Old 08-14-2010, 11:50 AM
dmowery

This is a decent way to solve this kind of problem thers much BS on shooting , law etc on here

Why dont you just go up nicley and talk-explane this is a club site and all members need to have a membership and AMA card - If they have a AMA card invite them to become a member and let them fly that day and maby a couple days more to see if they want to join or not as it takes a few times around a club to see if the club fits you - dont be a jerk to other fliers and yes if they dont join or become beligernt then other matters come into play
Also post a sign all flyers must have a AMA and club card ,Visiting pilots must have a AMA card posted on the Freq board at all times while flying

Plane simple, and will go further than all the gun sligin big mouths want

PS I DO have a cc permit and ama and club card

And Im to d- old to listen to BS crap

OK, PM, Ban,Email me ,Heck I dont care I said my piece and if ya dont like it , feel free to add to this line,
Old 08-14-2010, 11:54 AM
dbcisco
Banned

ORIGINAL: dmowery
OK, PM, Ban,Email me ,Heck I dont care I said my piece and if ya dont like it , feel free to add to this line,
Ain't gonna happen here. This isn't the AMA's forum.
Old 08-14-2010, 11:56 AM
outdoorhunting

All the deadly force talk is just what it is, talk. Nobody is going to "plug' someone for flying on their field !!! Although, all the talk about it might keep the tresspasers on their toes !!! Hehehehe Example; I had a business for 15 yrs & had a big sign on the front door. THESE PREMISES PROTECTED BY SMITH & WESSON!!!!! NEVER HAD TO DEMONSTATE IT !!!
Old 08-14-2010, 12:20 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We just installed a gate this morning with a simple lock and posted a sign that reads "AMA and Club membership required to fly here-Please call ***-**** to be our guest." I just recieved a call from a guy that would like to come and check us out =all from a locked gate and sign.-thanks for all the suggestions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.