Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

AMA forum censorship

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

AMA forum censorship

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 02:57 PM
dbcisco
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AMA forum censorship

The AMA's forum demonstrates that they do not want any members questioning any thing. My post where I answered a question about an AMA administrators position on PPP was deleted and the thread locked. Why are they trying to hide the facts?

AMA EVP {nominee} Horrace Cain: "……….I have no real interest in the individual that has no interest in the real model aviation world. If one cannot afford full AMA dues, and an annual club dues of $150.00 per year which may have to increase soon, then I will do whatever I can to send these persons to another place to play with their toys.”
That he was was {nominated}, it stands to reason that the {many} AMA members feel the same way.

{Edited for factual corrections.}
Old 08-01-2010, 03:01 PM
Silent-AV8R

Default RE: AMA forum censorship

To the best of my knowledge Horrace Cain is not now, not has he ever been, the Executive VP of the AMA. So that may be part of the issue the mods took with your posts.
Old 08-01-2010, 03:10 PM
dbcisco
Banned

He was elected 2008 I think.
A list of all elected officers and paid administrators for the AMA for the last few years would be helpful.
Anyway, Mr. Cain is what I would call a major voice in the AMA in so far as he was on the ballot (I know that)
Doesn't change my arguement much.
Old 08-01-2010, 03:29 PM
Silent-AV8R

He ran for EVP and lost. He is not a representative of the AMA and his opinions are his, and his alone. Trying to say that his opinions are represenatitve of the AMA in general or the membership at large is simply incorrect. SO I would say it changes everything about your post.

Here is the list of the current contact info for all paid headquarters staff: http://www.modelaircraft.org/members...n/hqstaff.aspx

Here are the elected Executive Council Members and contact info: http://www.modelaircraft.org/members...c/contact.aspx

BTW, this is all available on the AMA website and took about 10 seconds to find and post the links.
Old 08-01-2010, 03:41 PM
bradpaul

ORIGINAL: dbcisco

He was elected 2008 I think.
A list of all elected officers and paid administrators for the AMA for the last few years would be helpful.
Anyway, Mr. Cain is what I would call a major voice in the AMA in so far as he was on the ballot (I know that)
Doesn't change my arguement much.
Even Horrace will get a laugh out of that!
Old 08-01-2010, 04:10 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yes he WAS on the council at one time, but not currently to the best of my knowledge.
Old 08-01-2010, 04:13 PM
dbcisco
Banned

So he was nominated for EVP. That means that a large number, although not majority, supported him.
This would be a lot easier if the AMA had this information readily available.

It doesn't change my statement's validity, just a change from "majority" to "a significantly large number of members".

It would have been nice if the AMA posted corrections and information in the thread instead of locking and deleting.
Just more "to hell with you , go away" attitude from the AMA.
Old 08-01-2010, 04:28 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

He has a lot of supporters, that that isn't a prerequisite to be nominated.
Old 08-01-2010, 04:44 PM
vpresley
My Feedback: (162)

Check your facts before you post. If you post in-correct information like that, that most people know is incorrect, then it should be removed, so as not to be considered correct. Do your home work and it wont be a problem.
Old 08-01-2010, 04:53 PM
dbcisco
Banned

My homework would be a lot easier if the AMA would make this stuff accessable. For any "who's who" of the AMA all I have is forum search. If anyone can prove that this isn't Mr. Cains statement, that a large number of people agree with him and that many people withpower in the AMA don't feel the same way; then please post something informative. I would like to a see a genuine statement from top level AMA personell denouncing Mr. Cains statement against PPP and our "toys".
Haven't seen a single post from anyone in the AMA denouncing his statement.
BTW, as much as I dislike his feelings towards parkflyers, I do admire his honesty!
Old 08-01-2010, 05:19 PM
vpresley
My Feedback: (162)

Well I believe it is available if you look, per Silent-AV8R. As for Mr Cain, well he is just your normal person, nothing special. Puts his pants on one foot at a time like the rest of us. His opinions carry no more weight than the rest. Have you talked to your AVP, Anyone at AMA, before your post?

Yep, back to doing your homework. I dont believe in this FEED ME STUFF. You wants the answers, you do the work. As for Mr Cain, see previous remarks.

Vince
Old 08-01-2010, 05:28 PM
dbcisco
Banned

ORIGINAL: vpresley

Well I believe it is available if you look, per Silent-AV8R. As for Mr Cain, well he is just your normal person, nothing special. Puts his pants on one foot at a time like the rest of us. His opinions carry no more weight than the rest. Have you talked to your AVP, Anyone at AMA, before your post?
1.If it so easy to find why didn't you post a link, be a little helpful.
2.Yeah, like the Kennedys had no power until John became president. Mr. Cain is higher up the chain than most other members and his voice is heard much better.
3.Got little to no response from the AMA on anything except being told to go to the documents on the website. Total farce.

So many attacks, so little help. Thanks.
Old 08-01-2010, 05:36 PM
bradpaul

So your excuse is ignorance and that the AMA site is hard to search?

As you are a self proclaimed ex CEO, board member of multiple NPO's, a certified technician and trainer I find that incredable.
Old 08-01-2010, 05:36 PM
Silent-AV8R

So he was nominated for EVP. That means that a large number, although not majority, supported him.
No it means THREE (3) Open members signed his nomination form. Beyond that there is no inference you can make that his opinions represent the AMA leadership or the membership at large.

This would be a lot easier if the AMA had this information readily available.
What information is that? I posted links to the current Executive Council and the paid AMA Headquarters Staff. What other information do you require?

It doesn't change my statement's validity, just a change from ''majority'' to ''a significantly large number of members''.
See my comments above. Plus, given that he LOST the election that is fairly compelling evidence that the MAJORITY did not share his views.

It would have been nice if the AMA posted corrections and information in the thread instead of locking and deleting.
Just more ''to hell with you , go away'' attitude from the AMA.

I do not think the staff has the time to correct every factually incorrect post on the forums, and if they did do that then I am certain that there would be people complaining about that.
Old 08-01-2010, 06:09 PM
formerbug
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: vpresley

1.If it so easy to find why didn't you post a link, be a little helpful.
2.Yeah, like the Kennedys had no power until John became president. Mr. Cain is higher up the chain than most other members and his voice is heard much better.
3.Got little to no response from the AMA on anything except being told to go to the documents on the website. Total farce.

So many attacks, so little help. Thanks.
DB.....I've seen a number of other threads that you've started and contributed to and I've begun to wonder......do you do anything but complain? Freedom of thought, speechand information are paramount, I'll give you that. But, according to your sig, you're highly educated and yetyou seem so darn....disagreeable. Complain, complain, complain. If you don't like the AMA, you have a couple of options. You can quit, or you can become more actively involved and work on changing those things you deem unfit.

Go ahead and look me up, I don't have many posts. I'm very new to the hobby, but I don't think I have to be a vet to wonder why you're always so negative. FWIW, I joined the AMA just this week (am waiting for my card), and as soon as I have my proof of membership, I'll be joining my local club. I look forward to it, and Ihope that meet people that have a better attitude than you. It's supposed to be FUN!
Old 08-01-2010, 07:51 PM
dbcisco
Banned

There isn't even a mention of the elections except an investigation in to the election process (?) let alone the results in any of the minutes. That is very odd!
I made a request to the AMA for the results. Lets see if they actually answer me this time.
Old 08-01-2010, 07:51 PM
combatpigg

Without personally attacking the OP or questioning how he prefers to spend his free time.......

I'll just say that in all the time I've looked in on this forum, I do not recall seeing any censorship for the sake of protecting the AMA. I've seen some very even handed and fair moderating.

RCU has their guidelines posted in RED and they aren't too abstract or difficult to follow.
Old 08-01-2010, 08:21 PM
dbcisco
Banned

The more educated I become I realize how little I know. I also reaalize that those as educated as myself don't know much either. The process of education has taught me to question everything and make the best logical deduction you can from the evidence available. When new evidence is presented, then make new conclusions.
Most people never question the way things are, a handful have no problem saying things like "why", "I don't see it that way" etc.
I am one of the latter. The only two joys of that are: occasionaly things get changed and usually I get to say "I told you so".
Google H.G. Wells' tombstone.
Old 08-01-2010, 08:31 PM
Muroc1

The AMA's forum demonstrates that they do not want any members questioning any thing. My post where I answered a question about an AMA administrators position on PPP was deleted and the thread locked. Why are they trying to hide the facts?

AMA EVP Horrace Cain: ''……….I have no real interest in the individual that has no interest in the real model aviation world. If one cannot afford full AMA dues, and an annual club dues of $150.00 per year which may have to increase soon, then I will do whatever I can to send these persons to another place to play with their toys.”
That he was elected by a maority vote, it stands to reason that the mojority of AMA members feel the same way.

I guess congratulations are in order.

Frank
Old 08-01-2010, 08:35 PM
Muroc1

ORIGINAL: formerbug

Go ahead and look me up, I don't have many posts. I'm very new to the hobby, but I don't think I have to be a vet to wonder why you're always so negative. FWIW, I joined the AMA just this week (am waiting for my card), and as soon as I have my proof of membership, I'll be joining my local club. I look forward to it, and I hope that meet people that have a better attitude than you. It's supposed to be FUN!

Good for you and welcome aboard!

You are absolutely right. This hobby is supposed to be fun and these RC forums are supposed to add to the fun and excitement of this hobby by sharing thoughts and ideas with fellow modelers. Don't let the "glass is half empty" crowd get you down. Life is too short for that and enjoy the little time we all have here on earth doing things that you like to do.

Frank
Old 08-01-2010, 08:39 PM
Muroc1

Censorship here on RCU? I think RCKen would be very disappointed to hear you say that. If anyone thinks that may need to peruse a few more threads before jumping to conclusions.

And you you still doubt that, try PMing Ken. He is good about answering them.

Frank
Old 08-01-2010, 08:43 PM
combatpigg

Uh.... the other forums that pertain to flying are about the wonders and joy of flying.

This forum is where things get hashed out. If it is wonder and joy that you seek, may I suggest that you visit some of the other forums that are on the menu?
Old 08-01-2010, 08:50 PM
dbcisco
Banned

I stand corrected. Horrace was niminated but did not got elected.
So much for beleiving things I read on RCG.
I still find it sad that nobody berated him for his comment.
Silence is usually much an indication of agreement.
Haven't seen many here disagree with his comment either.

I'm still waiting for the AMA to respond to my inquiries regarding PPP.
Old 08-01-2010, 09:01 PM
combatpigg

DBC, I think the quote by Hoss was in reference to whether or not clubs should be forced by AMA to accept PPPers? I don't remember the details, but IIRC some of the sentiments and statements made on that topic were done by the guys who ARE THE INFRASTRUCTURE that makes these clubs work. The ones who mow the grass, empty the trash cans, pick up the cigarette butts, litter, clean the crappers and all of the adminstrative duties on top of that.

It's very easy for someone on the outside who hasn't donated, Oh..let's say 1000 hours in a lifetime to the good of a club to be critical of someone else who has put in the time and doesn't want to be told how his club should be run.
Old 08-01-2010, 09:07 PM
combatpigg

I stand corrected. Horrace was niminated but did got elected.
So much for beleiving things I read on RCG.
I still find it sad that nobody berated him for his comment.

That comment led to pages and pages of berating and debate. The statement contributed to him not getting elected.

By "censoring" your thread, RCU was trying to do you a favor and I hope you don't need to have that explained to you by now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.