RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   AMA Discussions (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/ama-discussions-74/)
-   -   Regulation passed the House (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/ama-discussions-74/10943138-regulation-passed-house.html)

littlecrankshaf 03-16-2012 05:05 AM

RE: Regulation passed the House

ORIGINAL: Silent-AV8R

I'm confused. Didn't a President of the United States, part of the government, free the slaves about 149 years ago?? Does your distrust of ''the government'' extend to the fire department, police department, forest service, military, etc?? They are all part and parcel of ''the government''. So do you really distrust it all, or just parts??

None of which has zip to do with the AMA or anything else even remotely related to the alleged subject material for this forum area.
I can answer that (jumping up and down excitedly with raised hand)... I don’t trust any government...NONE...And as AMA morphs into more than the quasi government arm of model aviation, my trust will be less and less as well... We have already seen first hand how certain “seats” within AMA were sold of to the "most deserving” already... and that will only get worse in the future.

HoundDog 03-16-2012 05:14 AM

ORIGINAL: littlecrankshaf

I'm confused. Didn't a President of the United States, part of the government, free the slaves about 149 years ago?? Does your distrust of ''the government'' extend to the fire department, police department, forest service, military, etc?? They are all part and parcel of ''the government''. So do you really distrust it all, or just parts??

None of which has zip to do with the AMA or anything else even remotely related to the alleged subject material for this forum area.
I can answer that (jumping up and down excitedly with raised hand)... I don’t trust any government...NONE...And as AMA morphs into more than the quasi government arm of model aviation, my trust will be less and less as well... We have already seen first hand how certain “seats” within AMA were sold of to the "most deserving” already... and that will only get worse in the future.
<span style="font-family: Comic Sans MS;"><span style="font-size: medium;"><span style="color: rgb(128, 0, 0);">By Jiminy Cricket there Cranky ... There's hope for some of us yet ... Vigilence is the price of Freedom.</span></span></span> <span style="font-family: Comic Sans MS;"><span style="font-size: medium;"><span style="color: rgb(128, 0, 0);">We must be Vi</span></span></span><span style="font-family: Comic Sans MS;"><span style="font-size: medium;"><span style="color: rgb(128, 0, 0);">gilent Lest we give up our Freedom.</span></span></span>

Sport_Pilot 03-16-2012 05:42 AM

I also share mistrust of the government, but see little to mistrust when lefty politicians are not involved.  Also this issue is of little importance to any politicians so I doubt the FAA would intentially go against the law.

KidEpoxy 03-16-2012 06:03 AM

Sport
rather than speculating on if the FAA will break the law,
hows about you tell us your call
if the FAA just did break the law, with a non-optional 'inspection' of a model field?

The point that it was non-optional, and there was a Pass-Fail evaluation,
sounds just like a rule being used on modeling.
How could it be mandatory if there was no rule mandating it?
And you cant have consequences of failing a mandatory inspection without a rule establishing that.

So,
you say you dont believe they WILL go against the law,
but its a question of whether they JUST DID

... and what are we(ama) going to do about it?
a) Defend ourselves from the unlawful act, or
b) Roll over

HoundDog 03-16-2012 06:10 AM

ORIGINAL: Sport_Pilot

I also share mistrust of the government, but see little to mistrust when lefty politicians are not involved. Also this issue is of little importance to any politicians so I doubt the FAA would intentially go against the law.
<span style="font-family: Comic Sans MS;"><span style="font-size: medium;"><span style="color: rgb(128, 0, 0);">Sport where ya been ... hide'n in a hole ... The rule of law doesn't exist in this country ... the Appointed and elected do what ever they think they can get away with </span></span></span><span style="font-family: Comic Sans MS;"><span style="font-size: medium;"><span style="color: rgb(128, 0, 0);">and let'em argue it out in court later .... The FAA Does things under the Vail of "SAFTY" so keep your little tiny model airplan</span></span></span><span style="font-family: Comic Sans MS;"><span style="font-size: medium;"><span style="color: rgb(128, 0, 0);">s away from "BIG REAL" Airplanes lest the FAA Violate ya. One time is all it's going to take. "BANG" comes the big "FLY SWATTER"</span></span></span>

HoundDog 03-16-2012 06:14 AM

ORIGINAL: KidEpoxy

Sport
rather than speculating on if the FAA will break the law,
hows about you tell us your call
if the FAA just did break the law, with a non-optional 'inspection' of a model field?

And you cant have consequences of failing a mandatory inspection without a rule establishing that.

So,
you say you dont believe they WILL go against the law,
but its a question of whether they JUST DID

... and what are we(ama) going to do about it?
a) Defend ourselves from the unlawful act, or
b) Roll over
Right again POX ... <span style="font-family: Comic Sans MS;"><span style="font-size: xx-large;"><span style="color: rgb(128, 0, 0);">Look OUT here comes that big
"FLY SWATTER" WACK <span style="font-size: xx-small;"><span style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">he he he LOL</span></span>
</span></span></span>

HoundDog 03-16-2012 06:16 AM

<h2><font color="#800000">This ain't worth wasting my time</font></h2><h1><font color="#000000">"GONE FLY'N"</font><br type="_moz"/></h1>

K-Bob 03-16-2012 06:16 AM

ORIGINAL: littlecrankshaf

I can answer that (jumping up and down excitedly with raised hand)... I don&rsquo;t trust any government...NONE...And as AMA morphs into more than the quasi government arm of model aviation, my trust will be less and less as well... We have already seen first hand how certain &ldquo;seats&rdquo; within AMA were sold of to the "most deserving&rdquo; already... and that will only get worse in the future.
By golly as soon as 1700 hours rolls around, I will toast LCS with a glass of Jack Daniels.

Rockin Robbins 03-18-2012 08:04 AM

The mandate to promote aviation was removed some years ago. That is why they are in full time restrict the field mode. Now it's all about control, not promotion.

Rockin Robbins 03-18-2012 08:16 AM

Don't forget that we voted the righties into power in '94, they promptly went on deck of the ship of state, killed everyone who knew how to run the ship and prceeded to sew the sails into some fancy duds so they could impress each other. They made a Contract with America and abandoned it in two weeks, then discovered that the highest and best use of the federal budget was to pay off their cronies and buy votes in a way that made the lefties look responsible.

The point is, whether you trust 'em or not, hold EVERYBODY responsible, but ESPECIALLY your friends. When your friends abandon their principles and start partying with all that cash instead of doing what they said they'd do, they guarantee the lefties get back in power. Hey! That's what we're living through NOW! I would argue that half the votes for Obama were votes against the renegade righties.

Now if our favorite righties can go renegade, why can't the AMA? Of course they can, whether you choose to trust them or not. I argue that the AMA has been renegade since 1992, on a slow road to hell. The hobby has exploded with new people and they've lost members since then. If they decide to go after the apparent requirement to join them or quit flying it will be the end of the AMA. Somebody buy a vowel and set that organization straight before we have to build another one from the ground floor.

HoundDog 03-18-2012 08:23 AM

ORIGINAL: Rockin Robbins

The mandate to promote aviation was removed some years ago. That is why they are in full time restrict the field mode. Now it's all about control, not promotion.
<span style="font-family: Comic Sans MS;"><span style="font-size: medium;"><span style="color: rgb(128, 0, 0);">Gee's missed that U R compleatly correct:
Paragraph taken from : https://litigation-essentials.lexisn...283655c54d0214

</span></span></span><br class="br" />Congress amended the Act in October 1996, removing the language "promoting" aviation and adding in several provisions emphasizing safety. The question is, has the FAA changed its ways? This comment will explore the history of the FAA, including how it came to emphasize market growth and finances over the public's safety; the impact of major air disasters in the late 1990s including Valujet Flight 592, TWA Flight 800, and American Airlines Flight 1420 in Little Rock - a so-called "survivable crash" that still claimed the lives of nine people; and the FAA's stance on safety regulations...

JohnShe 03-18-2012 08:30 AM

Don't forget that we voted the righties into power in '94, they promptly went on deck of the ship of state, killed everyone who knew how to run the ship and prceeded to sew the sails into some fancy duds so they could impress each other. They made a Contract with America and abandoned it in two weeks, then discovered that the highest and best use of the federal budget was to pay off their cronies and buy votes in a way that made the lefties look responsible.

The point is, whether you trust 'em or not, hold EVERYBODY responsible, but ESPECIALLY your friends. When your friends abandon their principles and start partying with all that cash instead of doing what they said they'd do, they guarantee the lefties get back in power. Hey! That's what we're living through NOW!

Now if our favorite righties can go renegade, why can't the AMA? Of course they can, whether you choose to trust them or not. I argue that the AMA has been renegade since 1992, on a slow road to hell. The hobby has exploded and they've lost members since then. If they decide to go after the apparent requirement to join them or quit flying it will be the end of the AMA. Somebody buy a vowel and set that organization straight before we have to build another one from the ground floor.
Very good Rockin Robbin, if you don't trust your government, become involved. When the sUASregulations come out for review, write cogent comments suggest changes. Run for office, lobby your representative, get active. If you don't trust your club, become involved, run for office, get on a committee, when the new safety guidelines come out write cogent comments, suggest changes. Get active be a force for change.

extra-nut 03-18-2012 09:18 AM

The point is, whether you trust 'em or not, hold EVERYBODY responsible, but ESPECIALLY your friends. When your friends abandon their principles and start partying with all that cash instead of doing what they said they'd do, they guarantee the lefties get back in power. Hey! That's what we're living through NOW! I would argue that half the votes for Obama were votes against the renegade righties.

Now if our favorite righties can go renegade, why can't the AMA? Of course they can, whether you choose to trust them or not. I argue that the AMA has been renegade since 1992, on a slow road to hell. The hobby has exploded with new people and they've lost members since then. If they decide to go after the apparent requirement to join them or quit flying it will be the end of the AMA. Somebody buy a vowel and set that organization straight before we have to build another one from the ground floor.

+1 amen brother

HoundDog 03-18-2012 10:34 AM

ORIGINAL: extra-nut

+1 amen brother
<span style="font-family: Comic Sans MS;"><span style="font-size: medium;"><span style="color: rgb(128, 0, 0);">+2 Too bad all of Govenment can't be trusted ... really Never could be trusted. When they said "What they were going to do." Was either so out of this world that no one really expected it to materilize or they just out right were Lying. Today the only job a polaition has is to get "RELECTED" and if that means screwing the little guy so what. If people are to "STUPID" to invoke Term Limits with their "VOTE" then we deserve what ever we get cramed UP where the "Sun Don't Shine.</span></span></span><span style="font-family: Comic Sans MS;"><span style="font-size: medium;"><span style="color: rgb(128, 0, 0);">"</span></span></span>

RTK 03-18-2012 10:53 AM

I think the same of the lefties, lets piss away tax payers money for failed green industries and let their cronies make BILLIONS. For every item you point out I CAN point one from the other side.

BUT, you all mis the big picture, pit each against each other and keep them fighting while all the time removing rights, both sides do it. Then by the time they realize what happened it's to late, history has proven so, and the masses are lazy greedy *****es

HoundDog 03-18-2012 10:57 AM

ORIGINAL: RTK

I think the same of the lefties, lets piss away tax payers money for failed green industries and let their cronies make BILLIONS. For every item you point out I CAN point one from the other side.

BUT, you all mis the big picture, pit each against each other and keep them fighting while all the time removing rights, both sides do it. Then by the time they realize what happened it's to late, history has proven so, and the masses are lazy greedy *****es
<span style="font-family: Comic Sans MS;"><span style="font-size: medium;"><span style="color: rgb(128, 0, 0);">Look what's happening in the middle East right now ... nothing to say it won't have to happen here some day</span></span></span>.

Sport_Pilot 03-19-2012 04:17 AM

Inspecting anything isn't against the law. No law broken. Now if they tried to close the field then perhaps they would have. But no harm in looking. But we also do not know that ALL models flown theremeet the 55 pound rule, or if someone is flying an official sUAV from there, or proposing to do so.

HoundDog 03-19-2012 06:07 AM

<span style="font-family: Comic Sans MS;"><span style="font-size: medium;"><span style="color: rgb(128, 0, 0);">FAA Inspectors arn't supposed to do Ramp Checks at GA Afairs like Pancake Breakfests and EAA fly-ins but they do. Just like other "PUBLIC OFFICIALS" in the White House ... let the courts decide if it was leagle or not ...well after the fact.</span></span></span>

Sport_Pilot 03-19-2012 06:30 AM

ORIGINAL: HoundDog

<span style="font-family: Comic Sans MS"><span style="font-size: medium"><span style="color: rgb(128,0,0)">FAA Inspectors arn't supposed to do Ramp Checks at GA Afairs like Pancake Breakfests and EAA fly-ins but they do. Just like other "PUBLIC OFFICIALS" in the White House ... let the courts decide if it was leagle or not ...well after the fact.</span></span></span>

Why can they not do ramp checks? I don't understand why it is they cannot.If going indoors you can ask for a warrant, instead they acceptedthem in. And what does it have to do with the subject? Why make another MOOM?

Sport_Pilot 03-19-2012 07:10 AM

An idiot speaks.  I received the following message from, well I think you know who.

<span style="FONT-FAMILY: Comic Sans MS"><span style="FONT-SIZE: medium"><span style="COLOR: rgb(128,0,0)"><span style="FONT-SIZE: xx-large">"****  </span></span></span><span style="COLOR: rgb(128,0,0)"><span style="FONT-SIZE: xx-large">Do U understand </span></span></span><span style="FONT-FAMILY: Comic Sans MS"><span style="COLOR: rgb(128,0,0)"><span style="FONT-SIZE: xx-large">anything </span></span></span><span style="FONT-FAMILY: Comic Sans MS"><span style="COLOR: rgb(128,0,0)"><span style="FONT-SIZE: xx-large">about GA and appointed officials 
or do U just post  ... Read sometime before U open your mouth and show what an idiot realy sounds like ..."
<span style="FONT-SIZE: small">

</span></span></span></span>

HoundDog 03-19-2012 07:42 AM

An idiot speaks. I received the following message from, well I think you know who.

<span style="FONT-FAMILY: Comic Sans MS"><span style="FONT-SIZE: medium"><span style="COLOR: rgb(128,0,0)"><span style="FONT-SIZE: xx-large">"**** </span></span></span><span style="COLOR: rgb(128,0,0)"><span style="FONT-SIZE: xx-large">Do U understand </span></span></span><span style="FONT-FAMILY: Comic Sans MS"><span style="COLOR: rgb(128,0,0)"><span style="FONT-SIZE: xx-large">anything </span></span></span><span style="FONT-FAMILY: Comic Sans MS"><span style="COLOR: rgb(128,0,0)"><span style="FONT-SIZE: xx-large">about GA and appointed officials
or do U just post ... Read sometime before U open your mouth and show what an idiot realy sounds like ..."
<span style="FONT-SIZE: small">

</span></span></span></span>
<span style="font-family: Comic Sans MS;"><span style="font-size: medium;"><span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">Publish the rest of the private message I sent you. Doesn't pay to even converse with guys like you ... Stupid is as Stupid does ...</span></span></span> Let me know when ya grow up.

KidEpoxy 03-19-2012 08:13 AM

Sport

Inspecting anything isn't against the law. No law broken. Now if they tried to close the field then perhaps they would have.
lets fire up the Circle Thread Machine-

>>
>>

Next time there is a 'mandatory inspection', what if we just say "No thank you, go away"?
Would that be breaking some FAA rule/reg?
Would that be breaking some FAA rule/reg that says If you Fail XXX, you Cannot YYY?
Would that be breaking some FAA rule/reg on CBO modeling... some rule which is just what congress made unlawful?

Or are we(Muncie/SelectMembers) going to defend those that unlawfully rule us,
and come up with excuses for them, like
Maybe it was a Voluntary Mandatory Inspection that the club volunteered to allow,
so there is no actual FAA rule mandating inspections, so there was no violation of congress' protection

Not me.
I have better things to do than to work on defending folks unlawfully imposing us.

Sport_Pilot 03-19-2012 08:47 AM

If this was illegal why didn't the user ask for a warrant?  The point is you don't know what that was about.  Just somebody's word for it.  I suspect there was more or less going on than said.

KidEpoxy 03-19-2012 08:56 AM

If this was illegal why didn't the user ask for a warrant? The point is you don't know what that was about. Just somebody's word for it. I suspect there was more or less going on than said.
Did you go to the thread Ira linked, and read first hand accounts there?

You speculate there was more/less going on than said.
How, in your speculations,
could the Pass/Fail Inspection of an AMA club field
not be unlawful now?

You ask if the club asked for a warrant,
explain how could the FAA get one, without breaking congress' protection?
For legitimate actions, FAA dont need one, right? No warrant for RampInspections, right?

You would like more info?
So would I.
But that requires that folks not just ignore it, and requires that folks fight for their 336 protections.
And it certainly requires that we not just blindly defend the FAA's unlawful(??) intrusion.
You see anybody other than me ( & possibly Ira) doing that?

Sport_Pilot 03-19-2012 09:08 AM

ORIGINAL: HoundDog

An idiot speaks.
<span style="font-family: Comic Sans MS"><span style="font-size: medium"><span style="color: rgb(0,0,0)">Publish the rest of the private message I sent you. Doesn't pay to even converse with guys like you ... Stupid is as Stupid does ...</span></span></span> Let me know when ya grow up.

I asked you to show me where they cannot do ramp checks. The fact is the law says they can do ramp checks. Only a policy letter says they should not do so at events. Unfortunately it is a policy letter and that says they should not, not shall not.

If they really are doing a check of a model field that is not near an airport and not launching legal sUAV's not models then I would agree with you. I just have very high doubts this is actually what or how it happened.