RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   AMA Discussions (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/ama-discussions-74/)
-   -   AMA to close the AMA Discussions Forum (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/ama-discussions-74/11197887-ama-close-ama-discussions-forum.html)

phlpsfrnk 08-27-2012 10:00 AM

RE: AMA to close the AMA Discussions Forum

ORIGINAL: Arbo

ORIGINAL: littlecrankshaf
In this very string is a perfect example of the problem... Its perfectly fine and acceptable to name the people that were reported inappropriately for violations that weren't violations but withhold who was doing the inappropriate reporting... Can't anyone see how unfair that is? Why is that accepted? The answer to that question will give you an insight that is bust-proof.
Within the limits of the forum rules here on RCU, it seems that it is ok to name people that did not do wrong, but naming those that 'went after them' would be calling them out, and most often, would be found to be a 'personal attack'. There's nothing to it other than that.

FWIW, I have never seen ctrout do any 'inappropriate' reporting. Genenerally if he reporting something it was a violation, and if it wasn't it was just due to misinterpretation of a post. Never saw any of the blatent abuse of reporting from him as I did from some others.
<br type=''_moz'' />
You have my permission to post any and all posts that you think I reported "inappropriately" or was "blatent abuse" of the system. In fact I insist.

Regards
Frank

Arbo 08-27-2012 11:17 AM

ORIGINAL: phlpsfrnk

You have my permission to post any and all posts that you think I reported "inappropriately" or was "blatent abuse" of the system. In fact I insist.

Regards
Frank
Oh, you INSIST. Oh well, let me get right on that.

Or not.
<br type="_moz" />

ctrout 08-27-2012 05:45 PM

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaad CTrout ~

phlpsfrnk 08-28-2012 02:17 AM

You have my permission to post any and all posts that you think I reported ''inappropriately'' or was ''blatent abuse'' of the system. In fact I insist.

Regards
Frank
let me get right on that.
While you are at it, if you have any more of those selective screen captures that have my signature phlpsfrnk, partial or full name please do not redact them. If you are going to imply wrong doing on my part lets see some proof of it or any and all correspondance with HQ regarding my violations. If you did not understand my last post let me be clear. You have my permission to post anything with my name on it, including any PMs of mine from the AMA Website forum.

Regards
Frank

Arbo 08-28-2012 04:42 AM

While you are at it, if you have any more of those selective screen captures that have my signature phlpsfrnk, partial or full name please do not redact them. If you are going to imply wrong doing on my part lets see some proof of it or any and all correspondance with HQ regarding my violations. If you did not understand my last post let me be clear. You have my permission to post anything with my name on it, including any PMs of mine from the AMA Website forum.

That's nice.
<br type="_moz" />

phlpsfrnk 08-28-2012 04:50 AM

That's nice.
<br type=''_moz'' />
Glad you like it.

bradpaul 08-28-2012 04:59 AM

ORIGINAL: ctrout

Just what is the connection between a ctrout and a red herring?

<br type="_moz" />

TheEdge 08-28-2012 05:00 AM

If this is anything like the way in which the AMA forum carried on,,then it's all very apparant.

phlpsfrnk 08-28-2012 05:21 AM

That's nice.
<br type=''_moz'' />
Paul,
I have another request. You claim to have all the posts and threads that you have removed since you became a moderator. You removed several of my threads for rule violations that you would never tell me the specifics of. Repost those threads here and state what rule/s was/were violated. I can assure the moderator here that none of those deleted threads will violate any RCU rules here.

Regards
Frank

Arbo 08-28-2012 05:30 AM

Paul,
I have another request. You claim to have all the posts and threads that you have removed since you became a moderator. You removed several of my threads for rule violations that you would never tell me the specifics of. Repost those threads here and state what rule/s was/were violated. I can assure the moderator here that none of those deleted threads will violate any RCU rules here.

No insisting this time? Bummer.
<br type="_moz" />

Arbo 08-28-2012 05:31 AM

ORIGINAL: TheEdge

If this is anything like the way in which the AMA forum carried on,,then it's all very apparant.
Nope, this sort of petty bickering was not allowed there. Which is what has so many that use that style of 'converstion' so upset over the moderation there.
<br type="_moz" />

littlecrankshaf 08-28-2012 05:58 AM

These last few exchanges reminds me of when Barney used the squad car to take Thelma Lou out... He was the man!

littlecrankshaf 08-28-2012 06:01 AM

Nope, this sort of petty bickering was not allowed there. Which is what has so many that use that style of 'converstion' so upset over the moderation there.
<br type=''_moz'' />
Yea! Only the moderators could get by with that stuff!

littlecrankshaf 08-28-2012 06:09 AM

ORIGINAL: bradpaul

ORIGINAL: ctrout

Just what is the connection between a ctrout and a red herring?

<br type=''_moz'' />
Lips???

phlpsfrnk 08-28-2012 06:13 AM

Nope, this sort of petty bickering was not allowed there.
TheEdge,
Not much of any thing else either. If it was not 100% pro AMA or if Paul did not like it, it got axed.

Arbo 08-28-2012 06:28 AM

Not much of any thing else either. If it was not 100% pro AMA or if Paul did not like it, it got axed.
This statement has been disproven many times. Anyone can read this thread and see that. But this sort of outright lie is allowed to continue.
<br type="_moz" />

TheEdge 08-28-2012 06:36 AM

Both sides are spending an incredible amount of time finger pointing. No matter who's right and who's wrong, it's still plain to see how guilty you all are of not being responsible enough to be able to be the better person and to just pull away and move on.
How much wasted time and energy must have been lost that cannot be reclaimed.
Is it really that much a of a priority in your lives?

Arbo 08-28-2012 06:43 AM

Both sides are spending an incredible amount of time finger pointing. No matter who's right and who's wrong, it's still plain to see how guilty you all are of not being responsible enough to be able to be the better person and to just pull away and move on.
How much wasted time and energy must have been lost that cannot be reclaimed.
Is it really that much a of a priority in your lives?
How do you feel about people that have a history of a grudge against you, spreading 100% lies about you?

In this case, they have been called on it, shown enough to prove their false accqsations for what they are. A few seconds here and there doesn't add up to a load of time out of my life.
<br type="_moz" />

TheEdge 08-28-2012 06:49 AM

So you will just keep this up till your heart stops pumping blood to your brain as you are completely unable to stop all this before then?

Arbo 08-28-2012 06:52 AM

So you will just keep this up till your heart stops pumping blood to your brain as you are completely unable to stop all this before then?
That doesn't really answer the question I asked you, does it?
<br type="_moz" />

littlecrankshaf 08-28-2012 07:10 AM

That doesn't really answer the question I asked you, does it?
<br type=''_moz'' />
Heck, wouldn't life would be so much better if you could just delete his posts??? LOL

Hossfly 08-28-2012 07:37 AM

While I still hold the opinion that Arbo definitely enjoyed his reign of being able to eliminate whatever he chose to do so, with absolutely NO need to state why, I also believe that the AMA Headquarters really wanted to provide a forum, yet make rules so drastic that no one could discuss real issues without being cut off. This would provide the AMA staff with adequate material (evidence) to say that the membership could and would not follow those rules that the staff determined to be needed.
One needs to remember that Arbo was a rather late comer and he had a lot of help from another power-player, Frank Muroc.

Just last week I made a post to the forum concerning the statement of an administrator (Brent) referencing his comments that the AMA forum just was less than AMA wanted.
That post was quickly removed - by whom I know not, but here is the administrator's remaining edited post as of this AM.

"I as a staff member also enjoyed certain parts of the forum. It was fun to see some AMA members interact with each other, who would normally not do so. It is too bad that the forums couldn't be more of what we had envisioned, but we gave it a try. Thanks to all who participated.
<message edited by Brent on Friday, August 24, 2012 4:21 PM>

My answer was eliminated.

Other references to the AMA Staff's thoughts are GONE! Still the ".... we envisioned..." does state the pre-planned ideas of the Staff. The forum - IN MY OPINION - was never intended to stand. Obtaining power-hungry individuals to assist is never really a problem for those that want such.

For you that remember, and those that remember not, RCU used to provide a special forum for AMA candidates running for AMA office. I ran for Ex. Vice President and I participated. The other candidate did for a short time but could not take the heat. He won. :D

Muroc and a guy by name of Mitchell came on and IMO, they must have been paid by AMA or perhaps Sandy Frank. They rolled in the dirt and tried every method over and over to wear me down. They used the same questions over and over. In any case I felt rather sorry for them as they appeared to be totally void of any form of understanding plain English! :eek:

littlecrankshaf 08-28-2012 08:24 AM

ORIGINAL: Hossfly

One needs to remember that Arbo was a rather late comer and he had a lot of help from another power-player, Frank Muroc.

True that. I was hopeful that Arbo could resist being "one of the group". I guess Frank finally blew enough smoke under Arbo's skirt to convince him to facilitate his agenda there.

Arbo 08-28-2012 08:31 AM

ORIGINAL: littlecrankshaf

Heck, wouldn't life would be so much better if you could just delete his posts??? LOL
Nope. But the reality of not removing posts because they were disagreed with has been pointed out and proved over and over.

Horrace, I just looked at that thread, it does not show a single message that has been moved to the recycle bin. Which means if any message was removed, it was done by an admin and they deleted it completely, as I move messages to the recycle bin.

I should add in, The Edge is correct in pretty much saying this whole discussion is stupid. As has been stated repeatedly, just like every other forum, the AMA forum had rules. They were more strict than most other forums because those that decided to put up the forum had seen what goes on in other forums, the recreational arguing, the bickering the backhanded jabs and other nonsense. They didn't want ANY of that on their forum. They wanted a more civil environment, a more positive environment. You could say what you wanted, be it supporting the AMA and it's policies, or questioning the AMA and it's policies, *as long as it was kept civil and postive*. There are plenty of users that were able to do this, and you can read through old threads and see both pro and con in different messages.

In a society that has trended towards all out bickering and arguing, pitting side against side, I kinda applaud the AMA for at least attempting to hold a higher standard and not let their forum become just another one full of uncivil behavior.

They relied on normal AMA members to put forth their time and effort to enforce the rules and keep things civil on the forum. Some of those in charge watched over the forum and 'moderated' things when they got out of hand, but most of that fell to the 'civilian' voluenteers, as they checked in more frequently. Every single one of those that offered their time and effort were attacked for enforcing the AMA's rules. Claims of conspiracy, claims of bias, claimes of some secret agenda, the list goes on and on, and the 'attackers' never stopped. It always seemed it would be easier to read over one's own post prior to hitting 'send' and ensure it stayed inside the rules, rather than get bent out of shape and run to 2 or 3 other forums to complain that they 'were treated unfairly'.

Quite a few of those that complained insessantly about the 'moderation' were also those that could be found across the internet talking about how the AMA forum shouldn't exist at all. And when it is announced that it is closing up, the reaction is 180 degrees out from their previous wishes.

You can search this thread, you can search other threads in the sub forum, you can search other forums on the topic of the AMA or the AMA forums, and read posts from the same people, with the same negative attitude, the same finger pointing and uncivil behavior. This sub forum doesn't get much traffic, nor does the AMA sub form on another big RC forum, because of the same group of people doing the same thing over and over. The behavior keeps otherwise good and civil contributors away from those areas. It was no different on the AMA's forum, other than we did our best to enforce the rules with an even hand and ensure the site did not become another RC(X) AMA sub forum. This obviously made a lot of people mad. They weren't allowed to act and post as they could elsewhere. And rather than follow the rules, they simply complained. *They* owned that forum because their dues paid for it, it was a violation of their 1st amendment rights to not let them say *whatever they wanted*, *however they wanted*. You can go back YEARS on several of these forums and see the same attitudes from the same handful of users.

In the end, a combination of those that would not follow the rules there, that were always trying to create drama, scaring away good and civil contributors, together with the lack of effort on the AMA's part to keep AMA officials checking in and active on the forum, all combined to kill it. I'm sure any AMA official that was involved in/with the forum would dismiss their lack of effort, but if they were honest (rather than PC) would say the main reason for shutting it down was it required too much effort due to a few select users.

<br type="_moz" />

littlecrankshaf 08-28-2012 08:59 AM

Horrace, I just looked at that thread, it does not show a single message that has been moved to the recycle bin. Which means if any message was removed, it was done by an admin and they deleted it completely, as I move messages to the recycle bin.
<br type=''_moz'' />
I guess that means Hoss is either fabricating or has poor recollection of what occurred (very doubtful in either case) or the forum was completely dysfunctional... as someone that understands the means always justifies the ends, I am going with the latter...and the end is coming...and not a moment too soon.