RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   AMA Discussions (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/ama-discussions-74/)
-   -   AMA to close the AMA Discussions Forum (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/ama-discussions-74/11197887-ama-close-ama-discussions-forum.html)

Arbo 08-22-2012 05:40 PM

RE: AMA to close the AMA Discussions Forum

ORIGINAL: crash18

for a moderator to act like thi is why i want nothing to do with ama

At least be honest, you wanted nothing to do with the AMA before they even had a forum.

See, the forum is done, so now I can respond to those that have been slandering the AMA, myself and others that were moderators there, for a long long time. Yeah, it hurts them because they no longer go unanswered, which is what they prefer. And in a way it is refreshing to give back exactly what they have been dishing out, and watch them cry over it. The only question is who are they going to gang up on next? We know most of them have it out for the Jim's on RCG, but even that is getting old. Maybe they will turn on RCKen next, time will tell.

wahoo 08-22-2012 06:06 PM

ORIGINAL: Arbo

Eh, so I got you and any one of the other normal 'group' confused.
<span style="font-size: medium; "><span style="font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'; ">You ban a guy and don't even know who he is ?

Your moderator powers should have been banned immediately.</span></span>
<br type="_moz" />

Arbo 08-22-2012 06:23 PM

ORIGINAL: wahoo

<span style=''font-size: medium; ''><span style=''font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'; ''>You ban a guy and don't even know who he is ?

Your moderator powers should have been banned immediately.</span></span>
<br type=''_moz'' />
Hey look, another one admits through actions, he doesn't really read the posts here. If he did, he would have read that in the end, it was irrelevant because init4 did break the rules, the rules he most likely never bothered to read. Did I confuse his whining self with a different whiner at first? Yep, that's my bad. But when there are so many of them, and then someone like init goes and changes his alias, it's hard to keep them all straight at times.

New Castle eh? Well, at least it's a good beer.

What did you contribute to the AMA forum btw? Oh, no posts in 3 years. Ah...

littlecrankshaf 08-22-2012 06:57 PM

Eh, so I got you and any one of the other normal 'group' confused. .
Arbo,

Can't you see the problem???

You have "grouped" individuals in your mind and made decisions based on those prejudices instead of the merits of single posts... That is the problem with that forum as well as others most times...

You freely admit here your problem with the recollection of who is who... Can't you see how that can be problematic as a moderator???

Arbo 08-22-2012 07:10 PM

ORIGINAL: littlecrankshaf
Arbo,

Can't you see the problem???

You have ''grouped'' individuals in your mind and made decisions based on those prejudices instead of the merits of single posts... That is the problem with that forum as well as others most times...

You freely admit here your problem with the recollection of who is who... Can't you see how that can be problematic as a moderator???
And he goes out for the long pass.... and misses.

All decisions are based on the post. It doesn't matter who posted it. Hell, I have moderated my co-moderator there after he stepped down. This is something several seem not to get, the job of the moderator is enforce the rules, it doesn't matter who breaks them, from the VP or anyone on the EC, on down, no emotion, no discriminating. That's how it was always done. That people think otherwise is a statement about themselves and their inability to follow the rules as put out, and nothing more.

Do I sometimes confuse LCS, init, FHH, phlpf, and a few others that always seemed to come around and stir the pot? Hell yeah, because the whines are all so much the same. But that has nothing to do with the individual posts that actually do break the rules.

I don't know if my memory is quite right, but I believe it was you and Kidepoxy that often started a lot of stuff, and I went to bat for both of you (if you were the other one) when the admins wanted those two people just perma banned. I always pointed out where someone else started in on them causing the problems.

So that is not the problem with that forum. The problem with that forum was that they put it up, but appear to never have decided to put the time and effort into putting the effort into it by being active, by posting, by putting announcements in there. The lack of AMA officials on the forum was deafening. Several people tried to get them to be more active, because activity by them would draw others in, and it would cascade. Instead they didn't put forth the effort, and what flowed into the gap was the normal bickering and arguing that is seen in just about every other forum. They wanted to shut the whole thing down long ago because they didn't want to deal with those people. I'm honestly amazed it's still up, and the only reason I even stuck around, as I told Muroc when he stopped by here, is that if I left, there would be nobody 'in charge' that would check in regularly and do the housekeeping if needed, which would probably lead to the site going down full of the old bickering and arguments and attacks that it used to fill up with. Hell, I haven't had a single ticket, or had to do much of anything in terms of moderating in many months, because it was so dead, and those that did post on occasion followed the rules.

mongo 08-22-2012 07:27 PM

the AMA forums died for one real reason.
there, as in the rest of the world, if the negative is removed, then the positive can not survive.
the whole yin/yang thing.

Arbo 08-22-2012 07:34 PM

ORIGINAL: mongo

the AMA forums died for one real reason.
there, as in the rest of the world, if the negative is removed, then the positive can not survive.
the whole yin/yang thing.

This is a true statement, I don't think it was the one reason, but it certainly added to the total.

And part of the 'added rules' to the site by Dave was he didn't want any 'negative' sort of stuff, no negativity.

littlecrankshaf 08-22-2012 07:45 PM

Do I sometimes confuse LCS, init, FHH, phlpf, and a few others that always seemed to come around and stir the pot? Hell yeah, because the whines are all so much the same. But that has nothing to do with the individual posts that actually do break the rules.

See??? you again cast us all as whiners...just as another well known prolific poster in these forums casts us as AMA detractors or haters...That accepted mentality is pure poison and is the real problem...

I can emphatically tell you I have little in common with many of those you just mentioned!

I do have just a few things I feel AMA falls short on and those things are mine and mine only. My expressed contentions are not any more or less than any other's opinion but just given as sort of a devil's advocation to show things could actually be another way... i.e. something to consider...

Arbo 08-22-2012 07:53 PM

See??? you again cast us all as whiners...just as another well known prolific poster in these forums casts us as AMA detractors or haters...That accepted mentality is pure poison and is the real problem...
Nobody cast those people as the same, their actions cast them into the same bucket. If you have little in common with them, show it through your posts.

And even though so many (like init) like to say they couldn't come to my site and argue it out there because they claim they'd be moderated, the only posts that have ever been moderated were mine and a friend who has access, because we were having fun messing with each other.

PLANE JIM 08-22-2012 08:22 PM

Have not used it in over a year-in fact I just logged in at AMA and there were five people logged in. I had a moderator edit my post and i decided not to go back-after taking the transgresson up the ladder and nothing ever resolved and the continued BS-I just quit going over there-I guess alot of other people did as well and non AMA members just visiting probaly got a belly full with the moderator BS and decided AMA was not for them. Now if I could fly at clubs without AMA-we could have a card burning party!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Arbo 08-22-2012 08:30 PM

ORIGINAL: PLANE JIM

Have not used it in over a year-in fact I just logged in at AMA and there were five people logged in. I had a moderator edit my post and i decided not to go back-after taking the transgresson up the ladder and nothing ever resolved and the continued BS-I just quit going over there-I guess alot of other people did as well and non AMA members just visiting probaly got a belly full with the moderator BS and decided AMA was not for them. Now if I could fly at clubs without AMA-we could have a card burning party!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Out of curiosity, since non-AMA members can only read the forum, how exactly can they get a belly full? They can't post, so they can't be moderated.

What was your issue? The last posts I see from you are around Nov 2010. You mentioned 'a lot of moderator action'. That was before I was one, and I believe before Frank was one. And I can't seem what messages were removed because the people before us always deleted messages. When I started I pushed for and got everyone to just put them in the recycle bin, so every other mod/admin could see what had been done by everyone else, and thus everything could be reviewed. Prior to that, once they got rid of them, even the mods couldn't see what used to be there.

PLANE JIM 08-22-2012 08:52 PM

It is a non issue now, and really a mute point since the forum appears to be a dead fish and this may be just the beginning of what we know as the AMA. (which is off topic-) I do not recall the moderators name and I probaly would not reveal it if I did for it serves no purpose. Although as I read thru this thread it seems you have continued to fuel a fire which I feel as a moderator you would be trying to cool the flame and not be a catalyst-but this only is my opinion. As far as a guest reading a forum-when he reads a discussion when whole statements have been erased, edited and replies from other posters asking what happen to the last post remain and the so-called moderator makes no point to clean up the mess he created which in turns leads to another discussion of moderator intervention-the new future member thinks these guys are whacked!!!!!!!!!!!!

lopflyers 08-23-2012 03:02 AM

I don't care, I never go there and I never go to the AMA discussions here either. I like flying airplanes not politics.[:-]

pmerritt 08-23-2012 03:34 AM

Geeze....wah wah wah wah wah....Someone throw in a box of Depends for these guys so they'll shut up.  GO FLYING PEOPLE...get the hell off the computer and enjoy the hobby.  (it's not light here yet or I'd be out there already)

Stickbuilder 08-23-2012 03:35 AM

Arbo,

When only one person has a negative opinion of you, you can ignore it. When the majority of people with whom you come in contact has a negative opinion of you, you must might wish to pay attention.

The problem is that once you became the moderator of the AMA forum, you began to operate it to suit your own agenda. The AMA is far from perfect, but you would not allow anyone to cast any opinion that did not mirror yours. You caused that forum to fail simply because of your totalitarian methods. Had the AMA allowed the forum to grow and become a sounding board for the way that the membership wants the organization to proceed, then we might have actually been able to steer the AMA in the direction which we would like it to grow. As it is, there is still only the Good ol' Boy mentality running the show, and even worse, only the Leader Membership has a real voice in the operation thereof.

I don't have the club problem that most have to be able to fly. I can go out of my shop and set the model down and take off. I have been a member for many years, and I'll be damned if I'll allow people such as yourself to run me off.

In responding to my previous post, you tried to turn my comments as if I had been talking about someone else. Let me make one thing clear. You were the person to whom I was commenting. You are the sole reason for the demise of the AMA forum. Who's toadie will you become now?

Bill, Bottom Feeder #1
AMA 4720

GerKonig 08-23-2012 03:45 AM

ORIGINAL: ira d

ORIGINAL: 1320Fastback

I never knew there was a AMA forum.
How did they ever think it would compete (make money) with RCU and RCG.

AMA 1,000,000
The AMA fourm was not intended to make money but just a place for AMA members to exchange and find info.

I think you are right, but it was a failure since it had 10 people participating basically...

Gerry

littlecrankshaf 08-23-2012 04:24 AM

ORIGINAL: lopflyers

I don't care, I never go there and I never go to the AMA discussions here either. I like flying airplanes not politics.[:-]
Yea, I never come here either!;) oops... I guess you'll never see my reply...Dangit... I wasted some words.

F4u5 08-23-2012 04:28 AM

Now if they would just eliminate the AMA, in addition to the forum, all would be well!

Arbo 08-23-2012 04:37 AM

It is a non issue now,

Generally another way of saying the fit you through over it was all unwarranted.

Arbo 08-23-2012 04:47 AM

ORIGINAL: Stickbuilder

When only one person has a negative opinion of you, you can ignore it. When the majority of people with whom you come in contact has a negative opinion of you, you must might wish to pay attention.
When it is just a few anonymous people on the internet, that have a history of getting banned and getting warnings, across many different RC forums, where they spend more time attacking people that participating in the hobby, if you even consider it's not that hand full of internet trolls and it is you, then you have a serious problem.

The problem is that once you became the moderator of the AMA forum, you began to operate it to suit your own agenda. The AMA is far from perfect, but you would not allow anyone to cast any opinion that did not mirror yours. You caused that forum to fail simply because of your totalitarian methods.
Again, amazingly false crap. The same repetitive crap we hear from a few of the others that were always in trouble or causing trouble. Perhaps you should read the comments by people other than that handful. The AMA had a set of rules, and the did not want the bickering and arguing, they did not want the negativity so many brought to the forum... it was the AMA's agenda. A nice and civil forum that protrayed the AMA and it's members in a good way. It wasn't even about shutting down opinions they didn't agree with, as there are plenty of threads on there where people have complained about the AMA and it's policies.... the difference is they acted like adults and remained civil and positive in their postings.

So perhaps you and init can get together and figure out there is a much bigger picture than your personal misleadings about one person. Either that, or I guess you are stuck living in a certain fantasy land about the whole thing.

littlecrankshaf 08-23-2012 04:48 AM

It is a non issue now,

Generally another way of saying the fit you through over it was all unwarranted.
What "fit"???

Arbo, there was a time I had great hope for you to see beyond stuff that others couldn't...err... wouldn't... What happened?? Did you get brainwashed by Howdy Doody and his puppet or what?

GerKonig 08-23-2012 04:49 AM

ORIGINAL: F4u5

Now if they would just eliminate the AMA, in addition to the forum, all would be well!

If you are not a member, how does that affect you?

Gerry

phlpsfrnk 08-23-2012 04:56 AM

ORIGINAL: Stickbuilder

Arbo,

The problem is that once you became the moderator of the AMA forum, you began to operate it to suit your own agenda. The AMA is far from perfect, but you would not allow anyone to cast any opinion that did not mirror yours. You caused that forum to fail simply because of your totalitarian methods. Had the AMA allowed the forum to grow and become a sounding board for the way that the membership wants the organization to proceed, then we might have actually been able to steer the AMA in the direction which we would like it to grow. As it is, there is still only the Good ol' Boy mentality running the show, and even worse, only the Leader Membership has a real voice in the operation thereof.

I don't have the club problem that most have to be able to fly. I can go out of my shop and set the model down and take off. I have been a member for many years, and I'll be damned if I'll allow people such as yourself to run me off.

In responding to my previous post, you tried to turn my comments as if I had been talking about someone else. Let me make one thing clear. You were the person to whom I was commenting. You are the sole reason for the demise of the AMA forum. Who's toadie will you become now?

Bill, Bottom Feeder #1
AMA 4720
Well put Bill,
My only comment is about "only the Leader Membership has a real voice in the operation". Unfortunately from my limited involvement with the AMA's Leader Member (only) forum the heavy handed spin control was prevalent there also. Rusty Kennedy (the current LM committee chairman) I believe was/is trying to change that but it’s apparently a losing battle that will be a moot point once the site is shut down.

It appears to me that the implementation of the AMA forum was either not well thought out or it was planned to fail from the start. There are also many decisions along the way that can be pointed to that increased its chances of failure.

Regards
Frank

Arbo 08-23-2012 05:10 AM

Arbo, there was a time I had great hope for you to see beyond stuff that others couldn't...err... wouldn't... What happened?? Did you get brainwashed by Howdy Doody and his puppet or what?
Yeah, sure, that's it. As we see here, it was all my fault. Ignore the other people that had complaints about other moderators, or even moderators that were there before I was one, who all did the same thing, enforced the same rules. When people have nothing better to do than complain about a whole host of mods/admins, perhaps it's their inability to actually follow the rules, stay positive and behave in a civil manner. Nah, it's always those damn moderators! :eek:

littlecrankshaf 08-23-2012 05:22 AM

When it is just a few anonymous people on the internet, that have a history of getting banned and getting warnings, across many different RC forums, where they spend more time attacking people that participating in the hobby, if you even consider it's not that hand full of internet trolls and it is you, then you have a serious problem.

Wow!

What makes a troll by your definition? Anyone not in lockstep with your views? Not in lockstep of your perception of AMA's views? That word troll is over used in these AMA forums IMO and is applied whenever someone is being targeted to be silenced... works to great effect...

Just by the shear nature of these AMA forums it is a given that discussion will be contentious and or political... Just qualifying another's post as a troll is very narrow minded and diminishes the much wider scope political discussions will naturally take. Sometimes a post is made for the sole purpose of introspection in a debate... When that post is removed and the thread altered it then takes on the flavor of those in control...and that is the worst type of trolling...pay the toll to the troll.:D