RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   AMA Discussions (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/ama-discussions-74/)
-   -   Thanks Dave! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/ama-discussions-74/2374479-thanks-dave.html)

RCJake-rcu 11-25-2004 10:07 AM

Thanks Dave!

I, for one, would like to thank Dave for running for AMA President. He took the time to answer our questions and is concerned with making the AMA work better for all of us. I surely hope that he will run again.

THANKS DAVE!

BillHarris 11-25-2004 11:02 AM

RE: Thanks Dave!

I'll second that! I was impressed with Dave Mathewson's participation in this election cycle.

Think ahead to 2007.

--Bill Harris

"Dave Brown, step down"

TexAcoon 11-26-2004 12:16 AM

I AGREE!

If only everyone knew DM like I do... They would have really been pleased with his service to AMA as Prez! ... This is one person who has devoted most of his life in model aviation, and would have made a real change to the AMA.

I am very disappointed in the election results and hate to see the AMA go south again! With a positive note, hopefully the new EC will make a real change to the way business will go till the next voting term.

Hopefully we can get DM to run for prez again and WIN!

Jim Messer 11-26-2004 05:45 PM

I ditto all of the above. It's time now for the EC to consider setting term limits to all elected offices, even though it will mean that each of them will have to "go" when their time is up. But - it could be written that after sitting out a year, they could run again. This would certainly churn the pot every election year, and that probably wouldn't be all bad.

Thanks again Dave M. for trying. Even though you lost the election, you are still a winner in the minds of many!

quint-rcu 11-27-2004 10:51 AM

Well, let us remember that Dave is still a district VP and with the new additions (Hooray for my district V) the revised EC may help end the rubber stamp era. - Thanks Dave!

quint

vicman 11-28-2004 11:39 AM

Dave, you asked for and recieved my vote and should be able to get it next time around too. Keep up the good work.

mongo 11-29-2004 12:02 AM

yeah, Mr. Dave, it was kinda nice, this time around, to have someone to campaign for, for a change.

try it again in 2.5 or so years, please.

WingShot 11-29-2004 05:19 PM

Thanks for running Dave. It was nice to have a candidate who knows how to use a computer, realizes the value of the Internet for this hobby, and who would lead us into 2005 instead of 1975.... There's always next election and we'll be there for you.

Josh

tailskid 11-29-2004 08:28 PM

Dave, ya did good.......you are an excellent VP - keep up the good work!

Jerry

abel_pranger 11-29-2004 08:58 PM

ORIGINAL: tailskid

Dave, ya did good.......you are an excellent VP - keep up the good work!

Jerry

I have a hunch he'll be back............like Ahhnold, the Governator of Callyfornya!
I'm waiting, with as much patience as I can muster. Thanks to the guys that voted in D-I and D-V for proving there is hope.

Abel