RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   AMA Discussions (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/ama-discussions-74/)
-   -   How much are AMA dues now days? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/ama-discussions-74/2523725-how-much-ama-dues-now-days.html)

grampi 01-10-2005 02:42 PM

How much are AMA dues now days?

?

tmproff 01-10-2005 02:47 PM

RE: How much are AMA dues now days?

way too much!

grampi 01-10-2005 05:25 PM

I can't believe some of the smart ***** comments I get in this forum. What's the amount? Jeez!

Red Scholefield 01-10-2005 06:01 PM

ORIGINAL: grampi

I can't believe some of the smart ***** comments I get in this forum. What's the amount? Jeez!
Membership forms are available at:
http://www.modelaircraft.org/PDF-files/902.pdf

But to answer your question so you don't have to look there.

Open Members $58
Sr. Members (65 and over) $48
Family membership (applies to any one adult who resides in the same household as a current member. No magazine) $30
Youth Membership (under 19 as of 1 July 05) $15
Youth Membership without magazine $1

grampi 01-10-2005 06:04 PM

Holy crap! Annual dues are $58 now? That is ridiculous. For what they provide dues shouldn't be more than $20 a year.

50+AirYears 01-10-2005 06:28 PM

If you think $58.00 a year for what the AMA provides overall is bad, stay away from model rockets. NAR membership gives about the same insurance , a thinner 6 issue a year magazine, a 6 issue a year newsletter, and a few other equivalents to what the AMA does, without supporting a large museeum or flying site, for $62.00 a year. And not too long ago, I read a post where an EAA member responded to somebody complaining about the AMA charges for the insurance policy being so much higher than what EAA charges by stating that the low priced EAA insurance policy is strictly a $1000.00 death benefit.

Frost_ 01-10-2005 06:29 PM

IMHO, even if it was JUST insurance (which it seems to be for many) that is cheap for a year of it...

J_R 01-10-2005 06:38 PM

Holy crap! Annual dues are $58 now? That is ridiculous. For what they provide dues shouldn't be more than $20 a year.
Hey... I'm with you. Let's go. I am right behind you.

Uhhhh... Where do we go to get a $2.5 million primary insurance policy for the club landlord
A $2.5 milllion primary policy for the club and club officers
A $2.5 million excess policy for us
for $20 bucks.

Run, cause the line is getting longer fast...

We can all do without the magazine, FAA representation, FCC representation, Homeland Security representation, helping put a handful of kids through school with a scholarship and all the rest of the worthless stuff they provide that we don't need or want. Show me the way.

the-plumber 01-10-2005 06:40 PM

To quote a 'super contributor' . . . "I can't believe some of the smart ***** comments I get in this forum".

Sixty bucks too much for you ? Don't spend the money.

Buy two tanks of gas for you car instead, or four if you've got one of those 'cars' you have to put on to go to work.

Better, take the family out for a really cheap dinner at say, Mickey D's.

Even better, spring for a years' subscription to one of the good Brit aeromodeling mags. It'll be a bit slow getting here, unless you toss in another twenty bucks for air mail.

Of course, none of those options will get the lawyers off your backside if you stuff your model into the windshield of an MB 600.

$20 bucks a year ?

This is 2005 bub, not 1965.

grampi 01-10-2005 08:33 PM

I see there are quite a few people in here who are on AMA's payroll.

J_R 01-10-2005 09:36 PM

I see there are some that shoot off their mouth in a forum without reading anything that has taken place before.

Geeze I hate it when the hook from a troll bites through my cheek.

Crash90 01-10-2005 09:49 PM

J_R. I agree. This has Troll written all over it. I cant believe you guys bit. LOL.

Woody218 01-10-2005 10:14 PM

Geeze I hate it when the hook from a troll bites through my cheek.
J R, you're supposed to have your tongue in cheek, not a hook!