RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   AMA Discussions (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/ama-discussions-74/)
-   -   Number MA received for 2004 (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/ama-discussions-74/2528696-number-ma-received-2004-a.html)

Jim Branaum 01-11-2005 05:58 PM

Number MA received for 2004

This poll is only for AMA members for the full 2004 calender year.

mongo 01-11-2005 06:06 PM

RE: Number MA received for 2004

are you asking for issues with a 2004 date on the cover, or for issues put in yer mailbox in 2004?

Jim Branaum 01-11-2005 06:08 PM

In your mailbox.

Snipped from post #42 in http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_24..._2/key_/tm.htm

ORIGINAL: Hossfly

I have been obtaining a significant amount of information concerning my estimate of some $80,000.oo just expended by the MA Staff without any record of permission. I will not post this info. here until sometime after the New Year.
Here is #45 in the same thread.

ORIGINAL: Hossfly

It is well after the 1st of the year, where are these neat facts you speak of? I really want to know all there is to discuss about that expenditure and YOU PROMISED!
Read the item again. I said "...my estimate... and that may not be a fact. In addition I said "...some time..." which is strictly my definition and it may well be *some time*. Like the song says "Som' beach, somewhere..." Well Som' Beach, it just may be Som' Time.

Ask Holland to explain it. He won't answer my emails, except one he did just say to ask Kurek. Maybe he or Holland will speak to you, since D. Holland is the AMA man of finance. Tell him you really want to know, not me.

No one will admit that there was an extra magazine sent out last year. I have 12 monthly issues, one for each month of 2004 and a Special issue, plus a Jan. 2005 issue that came in Dec. 2004. I have a magazine for each month since the inception of the real magazine format back in the '70s PLUS ONE. More to come Som' Time.

TexasAirBoss 01-11-2005 11:51 PM

Well, I didn't keep them and I sure didn't count them. I just make new covers and stick em in Hoss's mailbox.

mongo 01-11-2005 11:56 PM

i didna mark the calendar when they arived either.

do use em to line the bottoms of the parrot cages though, so i do appreciate that they are thick and filled with add pages<G>.

uhhh, please do not tell the peta folks about this, they picketed me fer 3 solid weeks last time i mentioned it.

SSRCCPREZ 01-12-2005 08:28 AM

Ummm....Please excuse my ignorance and my dismissive nature for those things that amount o very little, but is this really an issue? Out of all the things that could be changed, fixed, revised, or deleted. The magazine comes when it comes, I would probably not subscribe if I had a choice, but I don't and that's o.k. with me. I read what little content it has, I look to see what is going on in my district, and look to see what events are happening or up and coming.

Beyond that, the magazine is merely a fulfillment of the 501(c)3 status that the AMA has required. Magazine, no magazine, I could really care less. Further whether I get 12 issues 10 issues or 4 issues is less of a concern to me.

However, if getting a major revenue maker like the MA is getting difficult for the AMA it gives me the sense that there are bigger issues festering beneath the runway.

HighPlains 01-12-2005 09:44 AM

Same number of issues as any other year, but the "extra issue" was a way to bring the cover date closer to the calender date. If people did read MA, they might learn quite a bit more than how to remove their latest ARF from the box.

Jim Branaum 01-12-2005 10:40 AM

Awww....

While you are exactly correct, you spoilt my fun.