RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   AMA Discussions (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/ama-discussions-74/)
-   -   What can the AMA do to recruit the under 30/park flyer group? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/ama-discussions-74/2542421-what-can-ama-do-recruit-under-30-park-flyer-group.html)

J_R 01-15-2005 10:48 AM

What can the AMA do to recruit the under 30/park flyer group?

Most seem to agree that the AMA should do something to appeal to the younger flyers and park flyers. The question is what?

J_R 01-15-2005 10:49 AM

RE: What can the AMA do to recruit the under 30/park flyer group?

bdavidson posted this in another thread. Anyone else?

ORIGINAL: bdavison

Hmm good question.

How about discounts with manufacturers and hobby suppliers on model materials.

How about programs that offer education in technical aspects that the modeler could use towards a job in an aviation based field.
Yes, I know about the programs such as scholarships, the Yes Grants, ect. How about something every AMA member gets instead of a one time selective scholarship. Perhaps a discounted flying lesson?

How about offering internship programs with aviation companies like Lockheed Martin, or Boeing that are solely dependant on an AMA membership.

How about a program that is a joint project with the military to get modelers to advance into military aspects of UAV flying. As it is the Air Force is actively recruiting model aviation pilots for this express purpose. This should be a joint project with the AMA. This is a HUGE PR opportunity. Think about it. AMA and the US Department of Defense working together to produce top notch aviation personnel.

I used to see model aviation pilots flying at airshows. Recently I havent seen them at any of them. Im not sure why, but this needs to happen more. I know about the AST program, unfortunatly this is not really advertised well when new flyers are told about the AMA. Stuff like this needs to be told to interested parties. This stuff is as important as "you get insurance",

How about offering internship programs with NASA, or better yet Burt Rutan or Yeager's camp.

There are AMA programs that offer seminars or classes that teach model building and other aspects of model aviation to young flyers still in school, but they are few and far between around here. We need more of these. Im not sure why, but the local clubs are not taking advantage of the Adopt-a School programs. What about making some of these classes for modelers that arent in school...some of us older fellows still like to learn too.

There is an absolutely AWESOME aviation museum here. Its the Naval Aviation Museum in Pensacola, Florida (which I would highly recommend anyone that comes to this area ...GO SEE IT.) This museum regularly has people restoring vintage aircraft. The people that do this restoration are extremely skilled mechanics, airframe mechanics, and other talented people. Perhaps the AMA could link up with restoration centers at museums around the country and get model aviation interested folks in as interns to help restore these aircraft. It would be a wonderful opportunity.
The AMA website states that they offer "Historic Preservation and Research programs (Museum, Archives, and Library)" but as of yet, Ive been unable to find or get any information about this....or are they just talking about the AMA museum in Muncie?

Think about this ....You have a new young flyer, that picks up a AMA brochure(assuming you could actually find a AMA brochure), and reads that if he joins the AMA, they can place him as an intern in Lockheed Martin factory, or he can spend his summer vacation building a Corsair for a museum, or go get flying lessons for cheap.

Its entirely possible that the AMA already offers some of this stuff, but no one has told me about it, and I cant find specific info on the AMA website regarding it.

bdavison 01-15-2005 11:28 AM

I have some more ideas including those above.

Most of the parkflyer crowd is consisting of young adults and kids. If you want to get them into the AMA, you need to start in the very place that they begin to get interested in hobbies......SCHOOL.

The AMA has got to grab the attention of these young flyers before they go out on their own and get into model aviation. The only way to do this is to get involved and get the AMA's offerings into the schools. Tell the young kids that they dont have to go to work at McDonalds during the summer, they can go work as an intern at a museum building vintage aircraft. If someone had told me that while I was in school, I would have been jumping over the hobby shop table with my 50 bucks for a membership.

This will do two things.

It will spark an interest in young folks that never even thought about aviation.
and
It will make those that did consider it, a place to start with proper education, and instruction.

Most of the parkflyer crowd is self-taught kids that learned to fly by crashing everytime they went out. Most of them have never seen a AMA member, some dont even know what the AMA is. They just saw the planes on the internet, and went to their hobby shop and bought one. Later they hear about the AMA, and think "Why bother, I never needed them before, where were they when I was crashing everyday trying to learn how to fly."

Where indeed?

mr_matt 01-15-2005 12:09 PM

Well you can't send the message unitl you know what the message is.

What is the message about the AMA?

J_R 01-15-2005 12:55 PM

ORIGINAL: mr_matt

Well you can't send the message unitl you know what the message is.

What is the message about the AMA?
That is the question. If you were king of the AMA for a day, what would you do and how, within reason (you get to define reason)?

smokingcrater 01-15-2005 01:21 PM

first of all, don't waste time/effort trying to recruit the under 30/park flyer (which btw, should NOT be grouped together!!) when ama membership dues per year are sometimes more then the cost of the plane! the ama needs different catagories for different planes, and different age groups. (not just minor/normal/senior, break it up by the # of insurance dollars paid out for each group)

the plain fact is the ama is an insurance company to most of us, so run it like one. an insurance company doesn't charge everyone the same auto or home insurance premium, so why does the ama?

bdavison 01-15-2005 01:54 PM

OH OH....me first.

I would make drastic changes to that magazine. First off, it would start paying for itself. Second, I would do some PR to quit calling it a magazine, because its not. Its an oversized newsletter with advertisements spread throughout. Most of the magazines current content includes communication between different districts, and what the other clubs are doing, and what events are happening. A magazine on the other hand has information regarding products, and offers informational reviews and topics surrounding the hobby itself, and not its members.

I would change the membership fees.
Offer a "no newsletter" membership. This is a no brainer. Why would you charge more for a membership just so you could send them a newsletter they dont want to read. Phooey.

Offer discounted membership fees to those members which contribute to the AMA, such as Contest Directors, Program Directors, etc. This would serve as an incentive to get members to get more involved in the AMA.

I would launch a PR campaign.
The money we saved in sending those lousy newsletters to every member, would instead be used to start printing AMA brochures that would be placed in every possible spot that I could find to put them. When you buy a kit, alot of times there is a pile of paper in there inviting you to get a magazine, telling you about clubs, telling you about websites regarding your new hobby, etc. Why the %&$& doesnt the AMA start putting some brochures in these things. Estes model rockets has been putting pamphlets for NAR in their kits for decades.

I would have AMA members in every district get the Adopt-a-School program in high gear. This shouldnt be a problem because the person that does this will get a significant discount on their AMA membership as listed above. The AMA already has a program in which non-AMA members can be covered by the AMA insurance while learning how to fly, the only stipulation if I remember correctly is that they have to be instructed by an AMA Instructor.....which gets a discount for doing this.

I would put that money-pit museum and flying field in Muncie to work. They did a nationwide educational broadcast before, they can do it again. I would contact PBS, and the Discovery channel about doing televised educational programs related to aviation. Get that thing tied into the Adopt-a-School program where it could be most effective.

I would contact the folks out there that made that "Aviator" movie about Howard Hughes, to put one of our new brochures in with the DVD when they finally release it. And start lobbying the motion picture industry to make more aviation based movies.

I would put a AMA demonstration team, and booth at EVERY airshow where we would pass out those new brochures. After all, this shouldnt be too hard since the people that do this, get that discount on their membership.

I would find some way to give landowners an incentive to allow AMA members to fly on their property.

Instead of allowing politics and bickering to write useless rules and regulations, I would launch a huge safety campaign, to show AMA members safer ways to keep themselves intact while flying, and ways to minimize risk of potential accidents. This would probably also have the benefit of putting the insurance companies at ease, perhaps reducing the rates they charge the AMA to cover its members.

I would also make a hardcover AMA Yearbook, which would house all the major accomplishments of AMA members in the last year, including which members were inducted into the AMA Hall of Fame, and those that recieved awards, and made major contributions to the AMA or aviation in general. This yearbook would include nice full color pictures, which would make it a nice coffeetable book. There would be an additional fee for this book, but the fees should pay for its publication, as well as make a slight profit for the organization. To top it all off, I would offer a discount on the cost of the yearbook to those that were shown in it. This also provides incentive for AMA members to not only use the AMA to fly, but to give something back to the organization.

I would launch relations with major manufacturers and suppliers of model aviation materials to get discounts with them for AMA members. This is perhaps one of the best ways to get members, since most of us think with our pocketbooks instead of whats between our ears.

and of course all those things that Ive listed on the other posts in here.

TexasAirBoss 01-15-2005 02:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Why not put big recruiting posters in hobby shops?

mr_matt 01-15-2005 02:58 PM

ORIGINAL: J_R

That is the question. If you were king of the AMA for a day, what would you do and how, within reason (you get to define reason)?
First, transfer resources from the magazine (that appeals to members we already have) to adertising in model magazine, online sites and maybe even that DIY show if it is cheap enough.

The PR/Ad campaign should play to the strength of the AMA, the insurance program (I mean what else are you going to sell, nostalgia? This is not the 40s)

I agree with the other poster, I would put flyers in the boxes of planes that would scare the parents into getting a reduced rate AMA insurance.

Jim Thomerson 01-15-2005 05:50 PM

It is a no-brainer that the first step is to get a handle on who the park fliers are and what they see as their needs. No use trying to sell them something they don't want.

Jim

abel_pranger 01-15-2005 07:13 PM

[quote]ORIGINAL: bdavison

<snip>

I would have AMA members in every district get the Adopt-a-School program in high gear. This shouldnt be a problem because the person that does this will get a significant discount on their AMA membership as listed above. The AMA already has a program in which non-AMA members can be covered by the AMA insurance while learning how to fly, the only stipulation if I remember correctly is that they have to be instructed by an AMA Instructor.....which gets a discount for doing this.
<more snip>

Bryan-
Lots of food for thought in your posts, but I think the parts I quoted relate to the efforts that would possibly yield the greatest return. In no small part this is because the guys in the education coordination group in AMA are some of the most enthusiastic and motivated people I've met in the organization, and IMHO that counts heavily in breeding success.
As for the instruction of non-AMA members, it doesn't work as well as it might, and not quite the way you remember it. I think you are referring to the Intro Pilot Program. The Intro pilot (instructor) does not get any incentive like a a discount on membership. What he gets is paperwork to maintain and submit to AMA after the enjoyable part of introducing a newbie to the hobby, and the club has to pay AMA for the privilege of designating Intro Pilot(s), on a per head basis. The period of operation of the program is 30 consecutive days. In an ideal world, like the Muncie monument, this may seem adequate or even generous, but in the real world, it doesn't work very well. Often the Intro Pilot has a job, family and other aspects of having a life that means he isn't available whenever the newbie is - and the newbie probably has a life too. In practice (BTDT, as an Intro Pilot), it is often not adequate to allow more that one or two sessions. Also, and perhaps more importantly, it ignores the fact that model airplane flying is largely a social function for many of us. Most people that show at a model flying venue aren't barefoot pilgrims that appear out of nowhere - they are friends, family members and associates of somebody that is in the club. The host doesn't really want to turn his guest over to a stranger for a go at the model flying experience - he wants to be involved himself. AMA policy that applies to what the host and his guest really prefer is the one-time-only buddy box flight. This policy is completely arbitrary, and has no purpose other than to rush the newbie into joing AMA and paying dues. It has no parallel in the rider-scale world of aviation. I know of no organization or agency that puts a limit on the number of times a 'guest pilot' can be at the controls while under the direct supervision of the pilot in charge, that can seize control at any time he desires or deems necessary. AMA should dump this restriction altogether - there is no good reason for the one-shot limit and it just projects AMA in the image of the "hungry salesman that doesn't sell." That rant over, I think the issue is a bit off topic. It's a general issue regarding newbies in any aspect of model flying, and we started out with a discussion of how to attract younger modelers and in particular those into 'parkflyer' type models. My observation is that many of these folks are already skilled pilots and builders, and at the very least seem to have demonstrated they are into aeromodeling for the long term. FWIW, it would probably be more productive for AMA to focus recruiting efforts on these guys, rather than limiting efforts to attract newbies with a general interest in aeromodeling, an effort that has been ongoing with mixed reviews as to results.

Abel

crownvic 01-15-2005 10:35 PM

What would anyone messing with park flyers need from the AMA 99% percet dont have insurance and wont want to pay for it anyway. How many parents out there that bought these things for kids even think about liabilitys

Lonnie

Matt Kirsch 01-16-2005 10:34 AM

What can the AMA do?

Well, the existing membership can get themselves out of this "we" vs. "they" mentality. "They" should do something to recruit younger members. "They" should put on more educational programs. "They" should maintain flying sites across the nation. We ARE "they!"

The AMA needs some incentives to get existing members involved in the recruitment process. There isn't the manpower in Muncie to do much more than keep the paperwork straight, and the existing dues income isn't going to pay for a professional team to go around doing mall shows and visiting schools. That's OUR job, and we suck at it.

This just came to me this morning, but perhaps if the AMA were to provide a "work credit" compensation that reflected directly against a member's AMA dues for certain types of activities? As it stands, you can pay your $58 and sit on your butt all year, or you can work your butt off putting on mall shows and educational presentations at schools... and still pay $58 a year. There's no incentive to get the word out.

My club has a work credit system that allows members to deduct $2 from their annual dues per hour of work, up to a maximum. If AMA management were to adopt a similar policy, allowing members to deduct $2 per hour, up to a maximum of say, $20/10 hours, for participating in educational events like mall shows and school presentations, it should help encourage participation.

The program would be EASY to administer. All you'd need is a simple voucher on which the member would list the event's details, hours participated. The club's president would sign the voucher to validate it, and it would go in with the dues.

Complaining about AMA dues being too high? Help out with your club's mall show. Show up when the club is doing that science fair at the local high school. Four hours of your effort will touch many people, and knock your AMA dues down to a flat $50.

fliers1 01-16-2005 10:56 AM

The idea of clubs using park flyers for promotion purposes, is for safety puposes. Meaning they could promote with park flyers on school property, shopping malls, or just about anywhere. Otherwise, clubs could only do anything on their flying sites. As club members get people interested with park flyers - where there would be a lot of spectators, they could have their regular larger fuel and gas powered models on display. They could sign them up after explaining the advantages of flying in a club.

CCR

The AMA has had an "incentive" program to bring in more members for 4 years. It's called the Sign 3 and Fly Free Ambassador Program. So far it hasn't worked very well. It seems that either members aren't aware, don't care or claim that they can't find anyone who's interested in the hobby and/or joining the AMA.
There isn't really much more that the AMA can do. Like someone once said, "We are the AMA and the AMA is us".

There is one thing they could do at AMA headquarters, that is get the RC industry to throw some of the collectively millions of dollars they spend on magazine ads directly to AMA clubs. It appears that the industry thusfar has been given a free ride. Meaning they have had the membership doing the free in-the-field, hands-on promoting and to put salt in the wound, having the members as the in-the-field salesman/customer, pay them to do it. After all, the RC industry has as much, if not more than anyone else to lose. What's wrong with this picture?

Imagine if for example, Great Planes paid clubs to put on hands-on demos and signed up new members? Club members could do this quite safely with park flyers just about anywhere. This is just one idea that could possibly work.

CCR

mr_matt 01-16-2005 11:15 AM

ORIGINAL: fliers1
There isn't really much more that the AMA can do.
Sure there is, they could stop spending a million a year communication with members we ALREADY have, and go after people who are NOT members yet.

fliers1 01-16-2005 11:24 AM

Good point, along with the AMA working to get the deep pockets RC aeromodeling industry to contribute. Sometimes I get the feeling that AMA really doesn't want more members. Doesn't make much sense, but neither does what AMA is currently doing in the promotion arena.

ORIGINAL: mr_matt

There isn't really much more that the AMA can do.
Sure there is, they could stop spending a million a year communication with members we ALREADY have, and go after people who are NOT members yet.

jonkoppisch 01-16-2005 11:36 AM

Realistically, if all I did is fly foamies with brushless motors or park fliers I can't think of any reason that I would want to join the ama. If I want to see new models/setups I'd get a magazine, 3d flyer or whatever.

Flying the parkflier I wouldn't be a bit worried about insurance as I don't think that there's any way one would ever hurt someone short of actually hitting someone in the eye or the prop cutting someone. Probably about the same chances you have of hurting someone playing badmittin, lol, and you don't get insured to do that!

If I only flew in parks then I wouldn't be worried about needing the insurance to join a club.

Maybe the ama can do like it did with powered models. Create a 'nats' or competition base for electrics then make you be a member of the ama to compete? Maybe if the membership dues for the ama were dropped to $15 a year for electrics they could get some new members also but.... I just can't see someone paying $58 year to fly a park flier!!!!

edited to ad

If they keep the same standards and put more into advertising we would truely see who would join the ama for the insurance and who would join to promote/support the ama. I think the last sentence really tells why most people join the ama. Not that the ama is all bad, just that this is probably the main reason most people join. If they ever drop the insurance or put more restrictions on the models covered by the insurance I think the ama is going to come into some hard times... Maybe the ama could work with the fcc to make you join the ama to purchase a 72 mgz radio.... Kind of like if you join an ama sanctioned club you have to be a member of the ama.. I'm not against the ama, just think that they've done some really stupid things to their members in the last couple of years. Getting ready to duck the flames ;)

Just my view :^)

littlecrankshaf 01-16-2005 12:08 PM

Well...There is a lot stuff in this thread and some is worth consideration BUT the ONE thing that has been over looked IS the AMA has NOT garnered its full potential because they have been complacent and lack vision.

The AMA could work to engage(discounts on advertisements already in MA hmmmm….) the hobby shops, manufactures, and other retail providers to make available discounts for their goods to AMA members...Job one done!

Hell… real or imagined it is really only perception that fuels or steers 99% of the sheep in todays world anyway!

Of course there we be naysayers that say it can't be done but they are just plain wrong!

bdavison 01-16-2005 12:27 PM

There is some really good stuff in here. I hope the higher-up are reading this stuff.

It seems as though the general concensus is that discounts with manufacturers and suppliers is the best option to get parkflyers into the AMA.

Alot of these flyers got into the parkflyers because they are MUCH cheaper than their glow counterparts. If the AMA can find a way to give members a favorable "savings" in the parkflyers pocketbook, I honestly think this will be a HUGE way to get them into the AMA. I cant imagine any parkflyer turning down an AMA membership when they would get all the standard AMA stuff, and get maybe hmmm a 10% discount at Hobby Lobby.

But as most of the suggestions I listed above, once you get them into the AMA, you need to get them active in giving back to the AMA.

I think that Matt hit a very good point when he said:

"As it stands, you can pay your $58 and sit on your butt all year, or you can work your butt off putting on mall shows and educational presentations at schools... and still pay $58 a year. There's no incentive to get the word out. "

He's right, the AMA is not doing much to give members incentive to participate and give back to the organization. Insurance and a magazine just isnt going to cut it.

abel_pranger 01-16-2005 03:20 PM

The idea of clubs using park flyers for promotion purposes, is for safety puposes. Meaning they could promote with park flyers on school property, shopping malls, or just about anywhere. Otherwise, clubs could only do anything on their flying sites. As club members get people interested with park flyers - where there would be a lot of spectators, they could have their regular larger fuel and gas powered models on display. They could sign them up after explaining the advantages of flying in a club.

CCR

<snip>
CCR-
You make a very good point here. The idea of using them for promotional purposes builds on the very thing that has caused their popularity and the growth of interest in model aviation they have brought. They are flown in locations that are both visible and accessible to people. AMA clubs are generally less visible to people that are not already AMA members, and they certainly are not accessible to non-AMA members except as spectators. AMA's campaign to "partner' with park flyers is full of nice sounding words about welcoming park flyers to the fraternity of aeromodelers, but has only one tangible bottom line: urge AMA members to "Sell AMA." I don't want to sell AMA. I would be happy to sell the benefits of the club environment, and invite them in to fly and try it out. No can do, except within the constraints of the AMA Intro Pilot program. Even the one-time buddy box thing doesn't work, as the park flyer guest would not be allowed to fly his own airplane.
It has never made sense to me that AMA has gone to every extent one could imagine to exclude non-members of AMA, aka potential members of AMA. MHO is that no effort to recruit new members stands a chance until/unless that sacred cow 'you gotta pay before you play' mindset and entrenched AMA policy is dead and buried. That's highly improbable. There are people that will take AMA to the grave with them before yielding an inch on that tenet.

Abel

onrecess 01-18-2005 09:35 PM

Nada. Nothing. People try to self-teach because they are intimidated by the idea of going to a club and asking for help. I know that kept me out of the hobby for years. Yes, when I did finally try it it was easy and the guys were great. Just like I had heard for all those years. Most fly park flyers because they are cheap (and AMA dues are an "extra" they don't see needing.
If the park flyer boom continues soon everybody will be shot down at every park. Soon people will find they need to go to a freq. controlled field to fly (except we'll all be shot down, too). I guess when it gets that bad the govt will insist you get an AMA card to buy a real radio, and leave the cheapos on the 27 band to crash each other. Maybe the AMA ought to be lobbying for "real" radio sales to be to members (who understand freq control) only.

MathmanAHS 01-18-2005 10:55 PM

I would kidnap their leader and make the ultimatum that he would not be returned until they joined the AMA and do what the rest of us want them to do. Speaking of which, I need another beer... hey parkflyer, get me a beer and some popcorn! Oh, and join the AMA!

Seriously, find out what they want out of the hobby, see if it matches what the AMA wants or is able to do, and convince them that it would be mutually beneficial to have them join. Explain to them what the AMA offers that would be good for increasing/protecting their enjoyment of the hobby. If the AMA doesn't off anything they want or need, maybe it should if it really wants to attract them.

skerrin 01-19-2005 12:21 AM

I'm just trying to catch up on threads (working very long hours recently) so forgive me if this point has been made and I missed it. I must confess I have only observations with no concrete suggestions for solution of the problem.

My own experience these past several weeks suggests another factor beyond the simplicity or cost of park flyers that would make it difficult to lure their pilots to a club setting: convenience. Since I haven't been able to get to my club field for about 6 weeks, I find it quite relaxing and therapeutic to get in a few minutes of stick time in the field behind the lab at lunch or just before dark in my back yard if I get home in time. With that in mind, I have to ask why would someone deeply steeped in the "now" mindset want to travel miles and/or hours to a club field when they can get a few minutes of pleasure and relaxation right next door or across the street? I'm not judging that this mindset is right or wrong as there are many ramifications to be considered. However, it is my observation that it is a product of the times in which we live and applies to adults with job and family pressures as well as youth who have yet to discover cars or girls (once that happens.....) I believe clubs will continue to claim those genuinely interested in the myriad aspects of model aviation. I just can't think of anything we or the AMA can do to court these folks who will probably be doing something else next year. Could our efforts and funds be better directed elsewhere?

I am far from straining my ear to hear a death knell, but both model aviation and amateur radio (two hobbies in which I participate) are both suffering from a bad case of lack of "gee whiz". To younger generations there are more magical things, there are more exciting things. world-wide communication is routine both by radio and the internet. Air transport is routine. Aircraft with performance we can only dream of modeling are commonplace and are given lots of air time on television. National organizations stifle innovation (oops, wrong thread).

Hmmm. where's the remote....are there any Mr. Wizard reruns on tonight...

Steve Kerrin

aeajr 01-24-2005 12:40 PM

The main AMA entry point today is through clubs. Most clubs are AMA chartered so you need to have AMA membership to join. If I had not had a friend in a club, I probably would not have joined AMA. Might not even have known about AMA.

If you don't seek out a club you may not even know about the AMA. Oh, there is a blurb in the manual of most planes about it, but that isn't enough. It is the club that is the key!

1) Team with mfg, especially the RTF makes like HobbyZone, ParkZone and the like. Ask them to include an AMA provided mail in card for a free issue of Model Aviation. People like free stuff.

2) Package club listings/links and membership info with the free magazine.

3) Include 60 days free access to the AMA members only part of the AMA web site.

This is about marketing an idea and a value statement.

Most new flyers, especially the RTF crowd, are not interested in insurence.
Many would like some help learning to fly
They might be interested in clubs, if they knew about them.
The rest will follow.

Give 'em a taste, free
There's a lot more to AMA than insurance
Even those who don't care about insureance may find value

In the past it was a big project to get a plane in the air. So you needed help most of the time. Today it is easy and you can give it a try with no help at all. Maybe 30-50% will be successful on their own to the extent that they go onto a second plane. That could easily be another RTF, so there is still no need for help with building kits, setting up electroncis, etc.

In the past, if you crashed, that was weeks or months of work down the tubes. Today it might be a $15 wing replacement. Big change from the past.

Give 'em a place - easy to find
Show 'em how to find a club
Better yet, list the clubs in their area on a flyer with the free magazine. That may be enough to get them to visit a club. Then it is the club's job to bring them in.

With this approach you will get a higher percentage to join. It might only be 10% more, but that would be a lot of new members. It would benefit the clubs, the AMA and the hobby as a whole.

onrecess 01-24-2005 09:17 PM

Wow! I thought nothing was really possible, but you have some great ideas. Sure worth a try.