RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   AMA Discussions (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/ama-discussions-74/)
-   -   Question (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/ama-discussions-74/2626728-question.html)

Pilot Chad 02-06-2005 09:29 AM

Question

When i send my AMA application or whatever u do, will they email me my number or will I have to wait a couple of weeks? Cause i wanted to join my club this week but didnt know if AMA takes a while

valentrd 02-06-2005 09:38 AM

RE: Question

When you mail in or join online and pay the fee's- Keep a copy of the paper work or receipt. You should show that "proof" to the club you want to join. AMA covers you when you join and you should have a new card within 3 weeks or so.

AMA can be slow at times, but most of the time, they are good depending on the time of yr.

sweetpea01 02-06-2005 12:39 PM

Most clubs will honor your reciept..........in the future, you can always pay the club president and let him send in the form. That way the are 100% sure you are covered.

Hossfly 02-06-2005 02:30 PM

IMO, Club Presidents as well as all other officers have much more than enough chores to contend with and therefore those officers should not be requested to perform the personal administrative responsibilities of someone else.

In my experience I seem to find that those which are unwilling to take care of their own responsibilities will just be asking for more and more favors down the road.

Edited as original was poorly stated with uncalled for attitude. I apologize for that.

abel_pranger 02-06-2005 03:39 PM

ORIGINAL: Hossfly

Club Presidents have enough to contend with moreso than holding the hands of someone that can't even join the AMA by himself. :eek:

Hopefully not ALL clubs are so desperate for members that the Pres. has to perform some wanna'-be's personal responsibilities.

YUCK!
With the barbarians banging the gate down trying to get into AMA, we don't need some fool trying to help them. Pretty soon we'll have our clubs overrun with here-today-gone-tomorrow young people and their damned park flyers.

Abel

J_R 02-06-2005 03:42 PM

Only CD's are agents of the AMA, for the purposes of processing instant memberships. Even then, only at a sanctioned event.

Club officers are not agents of the AMA and can not bestow instant memberships.

It's time for the AMA to return to issuing instant memberships, allowing members to join on line, and immediately be a member.

As it stands now, it takes from a couple of days to a few weeks to process a membership, depending on the time of year, the application load and even the weather in Muncie.

SSRCCPREZ 02-07-2005 07:31 AM

Oh PLease Oh PLease let me do your paperwork,........Having to read through the charter packet is not time consuming enough!!!!

LOL, Hey from a Prez standpoint and a personal one, trying to deal with AMA paperwork is as painful as a proctological exam. I paid for one membership renewal this year, and received three seperate membership cards!!!

Yup, way to keep a close eye on things.....can't wait to review the new charter package and see what they snuck in this year......;

crownvic 02-07-2005 11:38 AM

AMEN