RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   AMA Discussions (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/ama-discussions-74/)
-   -   Question (Poll) for Moderators? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/ama-discussions-74/2713027-question-poll-moderators.html)

Hossfly 02-28-2005 11:45 PM

Question (Poll) for Moderators?

In other forums, I see questions about the AMA CD issue labeled "Moved". The fact that those questions appear in other forums is evidence that those people are most probably not familiar with the AMA forum.

Therefore I ask you:

Are you moving all these questions/comments/etc. about the CD because:

(a) You want to bring the AMA forum to the attention of those not aware of the AMA forum?

(b) You want to keep others from hearing of this commercial offer from AMA to the membership?

(c) You simply are consolidating one subject :eek:?

(d) You wish to punish those that frequent this forum by flooding it with so many threads of the same question?

(e) Both (b) and (d) above?

(f) Some other rationalization?

It's getting rather boring.

tailskid 02-28-2005 11:48 PM

RE: Question (Poll) for Moderators?

I think we should have another thread entitled "1001 uses for the case that holds the AMA DVD"[:-]

Jerry

J_R 03-01-2005 12:57 AM

Hi Horrace

In this forum, we only have two moderators. Its all them other suckers that cause the problems. I betcha if you and I never posted in AMA threads in other forums they would be left in place. I swear, I think Marc likes to secretly laugh at how uninformed the average member is. He sees what goes on here, but, do you think he ever says a word in another thread? No way.

Ever seen one moved before one of us posted in it? I can't recall even one.

On the other hand, we have pretty unobsturcted posting here, relative to what other forums have.

GrnBrt and ghost rider do a fantastic job. I know I get a warning and a rap on the knuckels every now and again, and I am sure you do as well, but, it could be a lot worse.

Gordon Mc 03-01-2005 09:57 AM

My guess (as an EX mod), is a combination of (a) and (f).

(a) because: If the post is moved with a redirect in the original forum, then that does bring the AMA forum to the attention fo more people.

(f) because: Marc has always said from day one that since politics tends to generate a fair bit more passion from many of us than other topics do, that the AMA forum would allow for that and permit a bit more "heat" in the posts than the regular forums do. If that's still the policy now, then moving the dicussions from the other forums into this one gets rid fo the problem whereby something that is allowed to be said about this topic in this forum gets nuked when said in one of the regular forums (thereby creating lots of animosity).

These are just my guesses in this case, not an explanation of what actually happened.

Gordon

Live Wire 03-01-2005 11:04 AM

Hoss
I think the mods are doing a great job lately, and if you have been getting bored you haven't been reading my posts. All who post here get a lot of slack for what we post.
And most ppl here are not that popular and others get tired of the same old bull so why not put them all in the same coral:D