RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   AMA Discussions (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/ama-discussions-74/)
-   -   Going to the gov't for grievances (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/ama-discussions-74/2873498-going-govt-grievances.html)

John Casey 04-13-2005 03:39 PM

Going to the gov't for grievances

So Dave Brown,

When your AMA CHARTERED clubs board members are:

vandalizing cars (OF PEOPLE THEY DON'T LIKE)
shooting down members planes,
make the person doing it a safety officer at a Pylon race,
tossing people out of the AMA club, using an illegally adopted constitution and by laws in violation of state law to do so,
indemnifing themselves illegally using club monies, in violation of state law,
using Public county property as thier own little country club,
using club monies to finance protection of their illegal activities,
not releasing the clubs membership list to members tryng to fight these illegal activities
so the rest of the membership will know whats going on..(also against state law)

whats a poor club member to do?

Its runs $10,000 TO GET THESE GUYS INTO CIVIL COURT.

For the guys that say "check the bylaws".. your missing the point ...these guys don't follow
ANY RULES,CONSTITUTION,bylaws, State laws, modeling rules,OR AMA RULES.

I would love to hear some suggestions..... as to HOW TO SOLVE THIS kind of behaviour
"INSIDE THE MODELING COMMUNITY"

Crashem 04-13-2005 03:43 PM

RE: Going to the gov't for grievances

Simple if the are breaking the law call the police and the DA. Let the law handle the problem

I would love to hear some suggestions..... as to HOW TO SOLVE THIS kind of behaviour
If laws are being broken you DO NOT solve the problem inside the modeling community:eek:

rcmiket 04-13-2005 04:31 PM

I'd like to know what "clubs" you are refering too. -Mike

EASYTIGER 04-14-2005 09:12 PM

You join a new club. Period.
You get back to enjoying the hobby.
You do NOT waste your time screwing around like this. Obviously, you have issues with the people running that club, right or wrong...so go find another. It's not supposed to be like this, go out, find a new field, do some flying, and forget this.

Bob101 04-14-2005 10:21 PM

In our state if such things happened you could call the state police/state troopers and they would investigate with no cost to anyone. If they found a crime such as misuse of funds in the club they would present the case to the DA to prosecute.

The car vandalization problem would probably be hard to pin down and would require local police I believe - tho I'm no expert by any means.

Them breaking club rules and constituion - I can't see you could ever get that to stick beyond misuse of funds.

I'd call the state police on my way to find another club.

Mike in DC 04-15-2005 07:52 AM

ORIGINAL: John Casey
I'm afraid that the lack of answers to this question indicates that a solution within the modeling community is probably going to be hard to find. You either find a new club, or you work, very patiently, with others in the club who agree with you to gradually change things for the better. It might take a long time.

To be very frank with you, from your post, it sounds more like a personality conflict than an issue for the state police. Exactly what was involved in the "vandalizing"? How did the person who shot down a plane respond? If he took responsibility for the incident, he might make a good safety officer, I don't know. For every one of your issues, it's very easy to come up with another way of looking at it. For example, many clubs fly on land for which they are given exclusive use of by local government. If you consider a porta-john and a sun-shelter to be a "country-club", then you could accuse a great many clubs of using public land for "their own country club".

Don't get me wrong. I don't know the situation, and you could be absolutely right that these guys are real scumballs. But perception can mean a lot too, so when you decide to do something, either within or outside the modeling community, think about how others might perceive the situation.

TexasAirBoss 04-15-2005 11:55 AM

What is wrong with small claims court ?

tailskid 04-16-2005 09:48 PM

John, have you taken your concerns to your District VP?

Jerry

CDignition 04-17-2005 06:00 PM

Theres always the "Foot in the ass" solutiion...beat one jerk down, and make him submit, then you own em, lol...