RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   AMA Discussions (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/ama-discussions-74/)
-   -   after you are gone... (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/ama-discussions-74/5735251-after-you-gone.html)

henryj 04-18-2007 02:22 PM

after you are gone...

I have been told that there are some regulars here that may not be long with us...

(was told so at Toledo last weekend.)

What will they think of you after you have gone on???

Think about it !!

SSRCCPREZ 04-18-2007 02:27 PM

RE: after you are gone...

Well, sadly probably what people think of me now...not much

Dr1Driver 04-18-2007 02:32 PM

Think about it !!

Is that so? Well, I thought about it and...Who cares? As one sweet potato said to another, I yam what I yam! (apologies to Popeye)

Dr.1

heli_Rod 04-18-2007 02:49 PM

Guess I don't care if I'm remembered or not....as long as I'm not remembered badly!

A very good friend of mine, that had a severe heart attack and was very limited on what he was able to do, once told me "When a friend dies, you lose a friend, but when you die, you lose all your friends".

I remember him on an almost daily basis. He was right...I lost a friend.

Rod

50%plane 04-18-2007 03:06 PM

ORIGINAL: henryj

I have been told that there are some regulars here that may not be long with us...

(was told so at Toledo last weekend.)

Think about it !!
I don't see how it would matter. People either love me or hate me for who I am, what I stand up for, or what I am willing to do. I'm not going to cater to my critics. That's like trying to win a football game by giving the other team the ball and laying down. I stand for what I believe, whether they agree or not. I will always do that whether I'm right or wrong. Why would I care what they think after I go?

Have a great day!
50%

Dr1Driver 04-18-2007 03:56 PM

50%Plane, I like you!

Dr.1

rcmiket 04-18-2007 04:19 PM

I could care less what people think. The ones that know me and what I'm about will celebrate my life as I celebrate there's and remember our great times together. I've lost a few good freinds and remember them for what they were GOOD FREINDS.

carwood444 04-18-2007 04:26 PM

10-4

abel_pranger 04-18-2007 04:50 PM

I'm getting some somber thoughts from this message, regarding a 'regular' here that I came to respect and admire, and have not heard from for some weeks.

Abel

STLPilot 04-18-2007 05:16 PM

Kid Epoxy?

SSRCCPREZ 04-18-2007 05:22 PM

Well if when I go people can laugh and be happy that they knew me or that they are happy I am gone....Looks like it would be a win win for everyone. As for what Ia m remembered for or how. I'M DEAD!!!!! what the heck do I care. I hope people could pay their respects enjoy the food and enjoy their life and not waste time thnking of mine.

Newc 04-18-2007 06:27 PM

And this has what to do with AMA????

Stickbuilder 04-18-2007 06:53 PM

That, my friend, has everything to do with the AMA. The AMA is it's members. Nothing more, nothing less.

You are either an asset, or a liability. I dearly hope that I have been an asset to this hobby, and to the world.

Bill, AMA 4720
WACO Brotherhood #1

SSRCCPREZ 04-18-2007 08:05 PM

Stick builder you are just 2 letters off.

LOL just kidding. I think the lion share of us are assets.

50%plane 04-18-2007 08:05 PM

ORIGINAL: Dr1Driver

50%Plane, I like you!

Dr.1
Thanks DR.1!

ORIGINAL: Stickbuilder

That, my friend, has everything to do with the AMA. The AMA is it's members. Nothing more, nothing less.

You are either an asset, or a liability. I dearly hope that I have been an asset to this hobby, and to the world.

Bill, AMA 4720
WACO Brotherhood #1
Well said Stickbuilder! I couldn't agree more.

Have a wonderful day!
50%

vicman 04-18-2007 08:48 PM

Over the years I have pondered this question many times and I always come back to the same desire. Like others here I most likely have left the impression of being a gapeing orifice to many over my tour but at the end I have always wanted to be remembered as a craftsman. As my children grow I have also started to want to be remembered as a good dad.
Otherwise I guess they can bury me upside down, I might deserve it.

Vic

JUGFLIER 04-18-2007 09:33 PM

As far as i know, it's not me. LOL. To the shagrin of some maybe?

ptulmer 04-19-2007 09:31 AM

Two times in my life I have been called a dumb*** by someone who meant it. Both times in this forum. That's what it takes for me to actively dislike someone. As long as there aren't personal attacks, I see no reason to dislike anyone. A different opinion makes for healthy conversation. I don't think poorly of anyone, even if the discussion gets heated, as long as it stays on topic. Heck, I even like Vic, though we seem to disagree on just about everything.;)
Do I want to be remembered well? Shoot, hopefully I've got another fifty or sixty years to worry about it.

SSRCCPREZ 04-19-2007 09:52 AM

from one Dumb***** to anothr...I like you

vicman 04-19-2007 09:59 AM

I don't think he really likes me.:D

Does this call for a Dumb*** brotherhood now?

SSRCCPREZ 04-19-2007 10:01 AM

I love you my Bumb***** brother from another mother

P-51B 04-19-2007 10:43 AM

Dumbass Brotherhood Member 000001 here.

JUGFLIER 04-19-2007 10:47 AM

This has turned into another Dumb*** thread.

jack41 04-19-2007 11:20 AM

I will like to be remembered as one who added more to the stream of life than he took.

SSRCCPREZ 04-19-2007 01:09 PM

LOL, but if you are adding a yellow stream to the stream of life, we the dumbass brotherhood would rather you didnt