Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Mercury ECU battery?

I have an AMT Mercury Air start ECU no.3830 at the moment the ECU is powered by a 12v Nicad (heavy) on the side of the ECU it has a black dot on 'Nicad', my other turbines use a 2 cell lipo @ 7.4v to power the ECU, is this something that I can do with my AMT ECU? Any help on this would be great! Like to be able to remove some weight from my F15.

Best regards,

Scott.
    siddus74

http://www.leenvalleymodelflyingclub.co.uk

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Mercury ECU battery?

What version ( age ) is the ECU.... I just put a 2s Lipo in my Roo w/ a Mercury and work great. As far as I know, the ECU's will work fom 7.2 to 12 volts. My Mercury came originaly with 6 cell NiCad's ( 7.2v ) and my Pegusus's had 9.6v ( 8 cell Nicad's ). My last repar trip in my Pegusus came back w/ a 12v pack.. I still fly it on 9.6v. I think I am going to switch my Pegusus's to 3s Lipo ( 11.1v ) and that will work fine. My buddy Buck Garza in Ft. Worth is flying his Olympus on 11.1 Lipo and Mercury on 7.4 Lipo. I do know that the Pegusus and Olympus don't like 7.4v... Not quite enough for the pump demands... Everything I am talking about are all Air Start Engines with the older ( White Label ) ECU's. I think the newer versions w/ auto start might require different battery voltages and be more sensitive to voltage values. Like I said, the older ECU that Buck and I are flying will work from 7.2 to 12.0 volts. Might be worth a call to Bennie to get all the facts...

Good Luck,

Danno

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Mercury ECU battery?

Danny, thanks for the reply - sounds promising . . . I'll send an email I think . . .

Scott.
    siddus74

http://www.leenvalleymodelflyingclub.co.uk