Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

AMT Mercury start up

Hello guys, I've noticed lately that my Mercury HPES will take a little more time for the first start up of each session. That is, if the turbine hasn't been started for around a month,
    the very first start attempt will use a lot of gas, and it will probably start on the second pulsation of gas. When it does start there will be a pop to indicate that a large amount of
    gas has just ignigted. I havn't tried to remedy the issue as yet, just wanted to get some opinions first. I thonk it may be the plug.

Cheers, Frank.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: AMT Mercury start up

Yes, you are right. Try replacing the plug first.
    Mark Taylor
    Team Horizon / BVM Jets

Hi, what I had with a Pegasus Turbine, is that after some 2 years of use, it had more and more problems to ignite on gaz, especially the first start of the day.

It happened to be that some, in the combustion chamber, gaz diffusors were stucked from combustion deposits... Thus the gaz wouldn't spread regularly and ignition was hard to achieve.

The solution was given from the Swiss AMT Representant, Mr Franz WΓ€lti from Jet-Tech, you should inject compressed air at 150 to 200 bars through the gaz inlet for about 30 seconds.
    This will clean the diffusors. After that, my turbine started again on the first attempt.
    The problem is to get a little tube to connect the air bottle and the turbine at 150bars....

Might be good to try... Good luck.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thank you gentlemen for your replies.

I've been on holidays so I havn't tried either remedy yet. The heat here is unbearable at the moment. I will keep you posted as soon
    as I try either.

Thank you for your time, best regards, Frank.