Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Hangar-9

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Hangar-9

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 10:04 AM
Skyward222

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hangar-9

Why are so many Hangar-9 models out of stock across north america? I contacted Horizon and they (as owners of Hangar) have no idea when production will be back online for various models? Is this just the time of year that no one buys ARF's in fall so they do not producestock? Was hoping for a nice Christmas present

Old 10-15-2010, 10:16 AM
ameyam

Default RE: Hangar-9

Hangar9, like many others (CG, SIG etc) are probably having problems with their Chinese suppliers. I was in line to purchase a Showtime- it was supposed to be available in August, then October, now November and I bet it will get puched back to December. Likewise the Funtana 125 scheduled to arrive in November is now pushed back to January and I dont see it coming befor March / April. Too bad for H9. If they dont have the Showtime / Funtana available soon, I will take a Reactor Bipe

Ameyam
Old 10-15-2010, 12:20 PM
Kostas1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What difficulties...?

You mean Balsa suppliers ?
Old 10-15-2010, 12:34 PM
ameyam

No, I mean the chinese factories that used to assemble the ARFs for all these manufacturers at dirt cheap prices. Read somewhere that there was a spate of strikes with workers demanding higher salaries and better facilities. That coincided with a lot of stock-outs, delays in shipments, etc. For example, in addition to delays I described above, CG was taken over by GP. That's just my observation though

Ameyam
Old 10-15-2010, 01:39 PM
Charlie P.

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Uh oh. They've tasted the forbidden fruit of capitalism and now they want a bigger bite.

Wait 'till they all have gas guzzling cars. We'll be pulling rickshaws and flying gliders. The world cannot support a country the size of China withthe per-capita resource appitite of Americans.
Old 10-15-2010, 01:42 PM
Skyward222

A google search states that this product anyways is not manufactured in China but in Indonesia

http://www.alibaba.com/member/id1059...oductlist.html

Wouldn't it be nice if a representative from H9 tell its customers what is going on, rather than us guessing....hummm lets see, next guess is they are getting rid of stock so they can sell their business....see what happens when companies do not tell customers what is going on ..

Old 10-15-2010, 02:02 PM
opjose

Those AliBaba listings are notoriously WRONG.

You cannot go by them.

Old 10-15-2010, 03:54 PM
rclement
My Feedback: (1)

I just called Horizon about the Ultra Stick 40 and they said that they don't have any idea when it may in again. [:-] Kind of hard to order it when they don't even know if it will come in. [>:]
Old 10-15-2010, 05:41 PM
Bandit
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: ameyam

No, I mean the chinese factories that used to assemble the ARFs for all these manufacturers at dirt cheap prices. Read somewhere that there was a spate of strikes with workers demanding higher salaries and better facilities. That coincided with a lot of stock-outs, delays in shipments, etc. For example, in addition to delays I described above, CG was taken over by GP. That's just my observation though

Ameyam
If this is indeed the case, expect prices to jump substantially. We may all have to go back to kit building, which wouldn't be a bad thing in the grand scheme of things...

Bandit

Old 10-15-2010, 05:55 PM
opjose

ORIGINAL: Bandit

If this is indeed the case, expect prices to jump substantially.
Or jump incrementally with many QUICK increases to try to hide the changes......

Hmmm... looked at ARF pricing lately?

I noticed that the BH Ryan I saw for sale for $98.00 during the Toledo show this year, I purchased for $125.00 about a month later.

I was just checked to see what it's selling for now at the Hobby People web site, and it's just shy of $200.00....

At this rate the plane that was selling for $100.00 will be going for $600.00 or so in a year or so.

Old 10-15-2010, 10:52 PM
ameyam

Its happened everywhere. Some time back tower was selling CG Tigers at $179 for the 40 and $199 for the 60. Now they arent available but the listed prices are $199 and $209 respectively. I usually order from Tower and I noticed that they are no longer offerring discounted prices on many of their products other than those which arent selling

Ameyam
Old 10-15-2010, 11:48 PM
Kmot
My Feedback: (24)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: Kostas1

What difficulties...?

You mean Balsa suppliers ?
That might explain the proliferation of EPO foam ARF's coming out lately.
Old 10-16-2010, 02:53 AM
Kostas1

About the BH prices, you're spot on !!!

I bought my BH P-36A Hawk,
about x5 months before,

from the UK for about 145GBP and now sells for 166GBP or so...

No the increase is not too much,

but i don't want to see prices go up on items that we prefer due to the price/quality combo!

And i think BH is one of these choices ou t there,
i really love my P-36A,
check my gallery!

So why GreatPlanes is not 'out of stock' ???
Old 10-16-2010, 04:33 AM
ameyam

GP seem to have dodged the bullet somehow, probably due to higher inventories. However, at the beginning of the crisis, they too had problems. A number of their models have been discontinued, some of them very good ones. And prices have been hiked for some others.

Ameyam
Old 10-16-2010, 05:18 AM
Kostas1

Old 10-16-2010, 08:32 AM
rclement
My Feedback: (1)

I looked at the Horizon website this morning for the UltraStick 40 and it seems to have changed overnight. Here's what it says now...... Temporarily out of production.

HAN1730 by Hangar 9

Due Late June, 2011 [&o]

I'm wondering if what part of the problem is, is that they don't want to order..... say, 2000 of a given airplane and find that it doesn't sell so it ends up sitting on the shelves taking up space until they end up having to lower the price on them to get rid of them. ?? Don't know but that's my guess.
Old 10-16-2010, 09:28 AM
mobyal

If you're looking for a particular H9 airplane, try this: Get the H9 Product number for the airplane and Google it. What will come up is a list of Hobby Shops that may have one in stock. Then just start calling to check.
This was suggested to me a couple of years ago by aHorizon customer service rep when they were sold out of the B25 and the next run kept being pushed back. I did it and found one on the second call. Had a similar exoerience w/ the Pawnee. Both times because I got one from the first run I also got the lower first run price!
Old 10-16-2010, 10:24 AM
Kostas1

Guys,

IMO manufacturers like GreatPlanes, Hangar9 etc,

ought to inform there customers on such occasions!

My .02$
Old 10-16-2010, 04:07 PM
Oberst
Banned

ORIGINAL: Charlie P.

Uh oh. They've tasted the forbidden fruit of capitalism and now they want a bigger bite.

Wait 'till they all have gas guzzling cars. We'll be pulling rickshaws and flying gliders. The world cannot support a country the size of China with the per-capita resource appitite of Americans.

I agree with you, and know where you're coming from.

I would support only "Made in America" if we started to manufacture ARF and KIT aircraft here. The problem is China, and other 3rd Countries can make everything cheaper for many reasons. Reasons to which I won't get in to right now other than politics has its ugly hand in it as usual. [:@] JMHO

It kind of makes me question China's intentions if you all know what I mean. However- I don't think this Thread is the right place for this and I don't want to push my biased remarks or thoughts any further.

Pete

Old 10-16-2010, 06:50 PM
Bandit
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: rclement

I looked at the Horizon website this morning for the UltraStick 40 and it seems to have changed overnight. Here's what it says now...... Temporarily out of production.

HAN1730 by Hangar 9

Due Late June, 2011 [&o]
Hmmm and the Funtana 125 now shows available, where it used to show "out of stock, available in January 2011" ??? Very interesting turn of events. Things that make you go W T F?!?!?

Bandit