Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 08:29 AM
Franco2fly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 40

Evidently, I purchased the last Fiesler 156 Storch available fromLX Models. They don't seem to have it listed in their catalogue anymore.
Building this was a real trial since there is a significant use of woodscrews that look like they belong in a wristwatch. Once you get past that hurdle, there's the carbon rods that utilize heat shrink tubing to attach the 1/4 inch "Z" bend ends. These do not hold up under push or pull, and will fail if not soaked in CA. The Decals provided are not really water release decals, but sticky side (like cellotape) decals that refuse to adhere to the upper wing correctly so here too, I had to try and CA the layer down to the heat shrink material. The wood extensions used for the ailerons and the leading edge slats is extremely brittle, ( I broke one trying to push in the EZ connector) just remember Glue is stronger than wood.

Now having said all that there is a Youtube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pQON...eature=related

but it does not show the landing. Looks like pilot error where he loses it in the trees.

Anybody out there have some flight experience on this 40" parkflyer? I got it so that I could do low/slow flyby's but I have yet to see a video that suggests this is even possible so the anxiety level is fairly high despite keeping the weight down using a 3 cell 1800maH battery.

KKKKFL