Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: GP Waco?

RE: GP Waco?

Hill good luck on the maiden. I am out at the field with mine also. It is a nice day here in the south. And it helps that there is no Gamecock football on today so i can enjoy the whole day.
    Michael.M Waco brother #187

P-47 Brotherhood #22

And Certified Warbird Nut

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Skillet,

It is my sincere desire that nothing bad happens, but you might want to check the AMA Safety code, Section A, sub-section 3a: You cannot fly it at any event until " The aircraft, control system, and pilot skills have successfully demonstrated all manuevers intended or anticipated prior to the specific event."

As the plane has not yet been test flown, you would be in violation. Please believe me, the AMA and their underwriter would be looking for any excuse to NOT pay on a claim. I'll not pursue the issue any further but I hope that you comply as it is in everyone's best interests.

Best wishes in all cases.
    AMA #77967/CD/LM

ORIGINAL: skillet92

Hill good luck on the maiden. I am out at the field with mine also. It is a nice day here in the south. And it helps that there is no Gamecock football on today so i can enjoy the whole day.
    Thanks Skillet.The maiden happened!! I decided to do it today. It was a bit windy but a good flight. After crashing the first one, I was little down on this plane. I'm back to loving it again! It handled the wind great. It needed quite a bit of right aileron trim but other than that, no problems. I was concerned about the engine after the crash but it seemed to be fine. It's safe to say the DLE 30 is a tough engine because I put it through the ringer and it survived.
    Grammar: The difference in knowing your sh*t and knowing you\'\'re sh*t.

ORIGINAL: Lifer

Skillet,

It is my sincere desire that nothing bad happens, but you might want to check the AMA Safety code, Section A, sub-section 3a: You cannot fly it at any event until '' The aircraft, control system, and pilot skills have successfully demonstrated all manuevers intended or anticipated prior to the specific event.''

As the plane has not yet been test flown, you would be in violation. Please believe me, the AMA and their underwriter would be looking for any excuse to NOT pay on a claim. I'll not pursue the issue any further but I hope that you comply as it is in everyone's best interests.

Thanks for the heads up on this. But as I said above, the maiden happened today with no event going on. Its probably a good rule considering my history with this plane

ORIGINAL: Lifer

Skillet,

It is my sincere desire that nothing bad happens, but you might want to check the AMA Safety code, Section A, sub-section 3a: You cannot fly it at any event until '' The aircraft, control system, and pilot skills have successfully demonstrated all manuevers intended or anticipated prior to the specific event.''

Lifer No Thank you for the heads up! I was under the assumption that as long as it was not an AMA event you were OK! Will remember for future events!

Hill Congrats! I always love it when a maiden goes well!!

P-47 Brotherhood #22

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Would be interested in input concerning the CA hinges on the control surfaces...
    Would be adequate for serious aerobatics, changed, pinned, just some serious opinions...

Just got the box opened, appears to be well made, and good quality.....if changes are to be considered now is the time to plan...

ORIGINAL: eugene

Would be interested in input concerning the CA hinges on the control surfaces...
    Would be adequate for serious aerobatics, changed, pinned, just some serious opinions...

Just got the box opened, appears to be well made, and good quality.....if changes are to be considered now is the time to plan...
    No problems so far.

ORIGINAL: eugene

For the control surface sizes that this plane has CA hinges are fine. I use robart hinges for all my larger control surfaces or faster aircraft! All my Warbirds have Robart hinges!!

P-47 Brotherhood #22

You know I have always heard that you should not use ca hinges on gassers. Just like no nylon geared servos on gassers. ( that one I can attest to [8D])

I had that same though train for a while when I first started switching to gas. Then some guys at the field said it was more to do with the quality of CA hinges and the method of putting them in. Don't over soak them in ca because they will harden and become brittle. And being that this plane is made to fly slower and not in a 3d manner. Now as for the Nylon gears that is lesson I learned the hard way also and will never repeat!

P-47 Brotherhood #22

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hill202! I'll add my congrats to this "happy-ending" tale. And tnx for sharing all th' way thru, too.
    :O) RD
    Th\'\' Roaddog
    Montross, Va

ORIGINAL: roaddog2

Hill202! I'll add my congrats to this ''happy-ending'' tale. And tnx for sharing all th' way thru, too.
    :O) RD
    Thanks Roaddog!

I have to make one more post, my post count was at 1099. That is too tax related

Hill that is to funny!

P-47 Brotherhood #22

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thank you all for the helpful input.... This is a wonderful sport, help is always ready on request...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ordered my WACO from my local HS... Sat ... Xmas is going to be EARLY ! Looking to put a Saito 120 in it ..
    spitfire brotherhood #47 West Coast Squadron

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I just got mine from the LHS, plan to put in an OS 160 twin. Glad I got mine before the price went up!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: farmerric

I just got mine from the LHS, plan to put in an OS 160 twin. Glad I got mine before the price went up!
    Picked mine up before the end of Great Plane's BigARF rebate, which knocked off $30 along with $15 off from Tower , brought final airframe cost to about $435.

Don't know if you guys are members of the Tower Super saver club but if you order a 1 large (300+) item a year it pays for itself. You get emails at least once a month for 50 off 300! A great value! I order at least that 3 to 4 times a year so I save big! Think about it. the plane you get 50 off plus free shipping! Turn around and order the Engine and save another 50. And if you need a receiver and some batterys and servos well there is another 50 off an order!! The membeship is about 19 a year! Best deal i have seen going!

P-47 Brotherhood #22

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: WindGap

Tower , brought final airframe cost to about $435.
    You're a bunch of lucky "censured" ...

I want one, but I would have to shell out 599 Euros = $833 [X(] That's about double of what you guys pay in the US

How many of you thing it's worth buying at that price?
    Remember: Speed is life!

ORIGINAL: vasek

ORIGINAL: WindGap

Tower , brought final airframe cost to about $435.
    You're a bunch of lucky ''censured'' ...

I want one, but I would have to shell out 599 Euros = $833 [X(] That's about double of what you guys pay in the US

How many of you thing it's worth buying at that price?
    WOW!!! Why so much over there??? It is an easy flyer vasek and just floats around! If you like to do soft aerobatics and look GREAT in the air it is great. If you are wanting a more hard core type flying go with an Ultimate. I love the look of mine and will admit that with a 30DLE i could 3d her if i wanted to! But that is not where she looks good. Now I will say this if it is windy alot where you are at the plane DOES NOT like wind. I guess the 2 wings and big round body really catch it.

P-47 Brotherhood #22

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Is it a cross wind that the plane doesn't handle well, or a head wind?

Also, are any of you putting a propeller hub on the nose? I haven't found one.

Thanks.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Try Tru-Turn I have one on mine.....They make one for all size engines.

Walt

ORIGINAL: cleonard

Is it a cross wind that the plane doesn't handle well, or a head wind?

Also, are any of you putting a propeller hub on the nose? I haven't found one.

Thanks.
    Head wind is ok but ANY type of cross wind and it just gets squirrely!! And I just have the 4 bolts for the DLE 30 out front.

P-47 Brotherhood #22

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I was wondering .... Does any think a Saito 150 as to large for this plane ? I really don't want to hack up the cowl to make fit , or have some CG issues
    spitfire brotherhood #47 West Coast Squadron

Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast