Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Parkzone Trojan Canopy

Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Parkzone Trojan Canopy

Old 01-09-2011, 06:00 PM
ChriCYWG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parkzone Trojan Canopy

I just assembled my T28 BNF and noticed that the canopy magnet seems rather weak... in fact I would not even think its donig anything to be honest... compared to my F4F Wildcat a baby could lift the rear off the T28.... I have read about the canopies coming free in flight... whats the general preferred method of keeping this thing attached?? Im thinking about getting 3 more earth magnets and attaching 2 at the rear and one more at the front.. thoughts???
Old 01-11-2011, 11:51 AM
CCFPILOT

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Parkzone Trojan Canopy

Most of the guys at our field just use masking tape.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:07 PM
ChuckW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've never seen or had any issues with the T-28 canopy. Unless they changed the magnets, they do fine. The thing won't maneuver violently enough to shake it loose. Like I said though, the newer ones could be different.

In that case, I would just use a small piece of tape as th eothe rposter mentioned.

Old 01-11-2011, 01:36 PM
hrrcflyer

The canopy came of my latest T-28 as well and ended up in the woods. After I ordered a new one, I changed the magnet in the fuse to a small rare earth magnet. Works like a champ now, much much stronger.....
Old 01-11-2011, 07:06 PM
ChriCYWG

I got some 18mm X 3mm thick ones tonite.. Im going to cut out a larger hole so I can fit it in the fuse with gorilla glue... no way that little one in the canopy won't be able to grab on now!!
Old 01-13-2011, 07:24 PM
ChriCYWG

So I changed the fuselage magnet to a 18mm X 3mm earth magnet... there is still no assertive SNAP to the canopy... its holding, but I can still put one hand on it and pull it away .. I doubt it will come off, but I don't like taking chances.
If I hold the rear of the canopy over the magnet, the 2 attract... as soon as I hook up the front end, the 2 just aren't meshing the way I would like them too... I tried cutting away some of the foam block at the inside rear of the canopy to see if that was catching on something, but it didn't seem to make much difference....

Im tempted to take the magnet out the canopy and install one of the large earth magnets there as well.. problem there is there will be so much pull I don't know if I'll ever be able to get the canopy off!!!
Old 01-13-2011, 08:20 PM
oldtyme

Masking tape!