Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Kyosho Sukhoi

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Kyosho Sukhoi

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2002, 10:08 PM
Mike2002

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kyosho Sukhoi

Has anyone had experience with the Kyosho Sukhoi Breitling 40 ARF. I really think that this is one of the best looking ARF's that I have ever seen and I was interested in buying one with I get to that level. If you know of any problems that the plane has such as the quality or the flying characteristics. Just so I don't waste 230 dollars on an airplane that will fall apart on the first flight.
Old 04-11-2002, 10:31 PM
boogerman

Default Kyosho Sukhoi

A guy I fly with has one. The only negative if you can call it that, is you need to land it a little hot or it will stall. If you are a smooth flyer, this plane really shows it in the air. Everyone watches this one fly when it goes up. Looks great.
Old 04-12-2002, 02:40 AM
davham
My Feedback: (4)

Default sukhoi

I have this plane also and a little speed is needed when landing. Other then that mine flies great. I have a saito 91 hangin off the nose. I know the spec's say 53 four stroke but dont waste your money. I started with a 72 saito and that wasn't stellar performace. It flew it arround well but thats about all it did. The 91 is much better, less take off roll, 400 ft loops are a piece of cake, and unlimited vertical. Hardly any wieght difference, a few dollars in price, and good power increase. If you go with a 2 stroke a 61 would be the smallest (I) would use. As far as quality you wont be dissapointed and the only way it's commin apart is if you cause it. Stick to the elev throws, built it straight and you will be impressed. Dont let the landing speed talk scare you away (M.A.N. mag) it's not that bad..........Dave
Old 04-12-2002, 04:30 PM
stop_the_spam

Default Re: sukhoi

Originally posted by davham
I have this plane also and a little speed is needed when landing. Other then that mine flies great. I have a saito 91 hangin off the nose. I know the spec's say 53 four stroke but dont waste your money. I started with a 72 saito and that wasn't stellar performace. It flew it arround well but thats about all it did. The 91 is much better, less take off roll, 400 ft loops are a piece of cake, and unlimited vertical. Hardly any wieght difference, a few dollars in price, and good power increase. If you go with a 2 stroke a 61 would be the smallest (I) would use. As far as quality you wont be dissapointed and the only way it's commin apart is if you cause it. Stick to the elev throws, built it straight and you will be impressed. Dont let the landing speed talk scare you away (M.A.N. mag) it's not that bad..........Dave
Hey, do you recall if you can mount a 2-stroke sideways so a Pitts style muffler can be used? Or is it only mountable at a 45 (IE: Some ARF's force you by building in part/all of the engine mount at a 45)

Adrian
Old 04-12-2002, 04:33 PM
boogerman

Default Kyosho Sukhoi

I don't know about this one, but if the firewall is predrilled for blind nuts and you don't like the mounting position, just epoxy in a dowel of the correct size, the re-drill the firewall to your specs-I have done this several times. HTH
Old 04-12-2002, 09:43 PM
davham

Default Kyosho Sukhoi

The firewall is not predrilled so you can mount your engine any which way you like. Depending on the size of your 2-stroke, you may or may not have to cut out the clearence for the head....Dave
Old 04-12-2002, 10:56 PM
stop_the_spam

Default Kyosho Sukhoi

Originally posted by davham
The firewall is not predrilled so you can mount your engine any which way you like. Depending on the size of your 2-stroke, you may or may not have to cut out the clearence for the head....Dave
Any idea if a .61 FX would fit at 90 degres with a Pitts muffler (Would the head clear the cowl?)

Thanks,

Adrian
Old 04-13-2002, 12:46 AM
timmymac
My Feedback: (7)

Default Kyosho Sukhoi

Originally posted by x86guru

Any idea if a .61 FX would fit at 90 degres with a Pitts muffler (Would the head clear the cowl?)

Thanks,

Adrian

I have this setup in my Kyosho Cap and it fits completely in the cowl so I wouldnt think it would be a problem in the Sukhoi.

Tim
Old 04-13-2002, 12:49 AM
davham

Default Kyosho Sukhoi

Tough call there, I do know that my saito 72 stuck out arround 3/8 in or so. If you could get the distance from the crank centerline to the top of the head for your 61, I can measure the inside diameter of my cowl. Or I can dig out the manual for my 72 and give you that measurement. Let me know........Dave
Old 11-11-2003, 10:15 PM
sarlacc
My Feedback: (33)

Default RE: Kyosho <span class=

Where do I get spare parts for this kit? I picked one up that needs a Cowling.
Old 11-11-2003, 10:59 PM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: Kyosho <span class=

Guys you should think about the Pheonix Sukhoi ... $99 and is supposed to be the *****.