Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

P-26 Peashooter

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

P-26 Peashooter

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 08:54 AM
chris923
My Feedback: (53)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P-26 Peashooter

I am looking for a Peashooter, any condition, new or used.

Chris923
Old 03-08-2011, 01:36 AM
Kostas1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: P-26 Peashooter

I love this plane but noone seems to produce it anymore in an ARF version.

Nitromodels used to sell one,with nice colours but they have dicontinued it.

[link=http://www.nitroplanes.com/boppe9071arf.html]Nitromodels P-26 ARF[/link]

Old 03-08-2011, 08:08 PM
chris923
My Feedback: (53)

Ya, wish they (Nitro)could still get them. Nitro does not think they will ever have them again.

Chris923
Old 03-09-2011, 02:13 AM
Delta3

CM Pro had one as well, looked really good, was a pig to fly
Old 03-09-2011, 10:57 PM
Keithfl

ORIGINAL: Delta3

CM Pro had one as well, looked really good, was a pig to fly
A pig to fly? What are you smoking? I still have one of the CM Pro peashooters (it's the same model as shown in the Nitromodels photo above, BTW) and it's one of the most placid, benign airframes to fly. About the only bad habit is they tend to nose over when landing, but angling the gear forward goes a long way towards solving that. Mine is many years old, with many hours of airtime, and its one of those go-to airframes when the thumbs get rusty. Definitely no pig.

Old 03-10-2011, 01:25 AM
Kostas1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Keithfl

will you please post some pics of your bird ?
Old 03-20-2011, 01:31 AM
Delta3

Well I am pleased you enjoy yours, the one I had was terrible to fly, no matter what I did with it. The guy who bought it off me was apparently a very good pilot and he couldn't cope with it either. Looked very pretty, flew like a pig. Nothings is going to change my mind about that.
Old 03-20-2011, 04:56 AM
Keithfl

Kostas1,

Sorry, but I don't have a digital camera. Mind you, it looks exactly the same as the one in your picture above, same decals, same everything. I removed the flying wires from mine after the first couple of flights, as they would stretch & come loose if you bumped them. I also removed the wheel spats, as I fly from grass strip which gets a bit rough sometimes.

Delta3,

There were 2 other Peashooters at my club, and mine did always perform better. Theirs were powered with 91 four strokes, and performance wasn't spectacular. Mine is electric, and has much more get up & go than either of the others ever had. Maybe that was part of your problem - insufficient power for decent flight? Mine spins an 18x10 prop, and is quite sprightly in the air. Plently of grunt, and light on the wing. The fact that it's lasted since 2002 says something about its manners in the air. I'm not saying that yours didn't fly like a pig, but there can be a number of reasons for that, and it's not the airframe, my friend.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:14 AM
Delta3

I had a 120 OS in mine, there was plenty of power for it and it balanced exactly as it said in the manual. Everything appeared to be fine. After the initial flight we tried mixing in a few bits and pieces, aileron and rudder etc, all the normal things. Don't know why it performed badly but it did. Even had a couple of instructors have a go at it and they felt very uncomfortable with it. Was a shame because it looked so pretty.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:09 PM
Keithfl

Except for nose-over tendencies on landing, I really can't fault the flying qualities of mine. It'll never be a pattern ship, but its a good honest sport flyer. Loops, rolls, spins, snaps & stalling manoeuvers are all predictable & safe, plus it's stable and tracks well. Really nothing to complain about. I do use aileron differential, but no other mixing. I did have issues with the undercarriage mounting blocks breaking loose, cracking of the gel coat on the fuselage, and poor fitting ailerons, but no issues with the flying. Strange how we could have such different results.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:44 PM
Lifer
My Feedback: (1)

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

Kieth,

Did the instructions call for differential? It can make a HUGE difference in how some planes handle. I have encountered a lot of people who absolutely refuse to set up a plane with differential and the result is a very poor flying plane.
Old 03-23-2011, 09:13 PM
Keithfl

Lifer,

I don't recall what the instructions called for - I assembled mine back in 2002 and the instructions are long gone. I normally set up max throws per the instructions, but fine tune the throws, expo & differential based on actual flight requirements. Why oh why would anyone refuse to put in differential? Just can't help some folk...

Keith
Old 03-24-2011, 02:20 AM
Lifer
My Feedback: (1)

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

Kieth,

Thanks for the reply. I always liked the looks of the P-26. As to why some folks won't trouble themselves to set up a plane the right way......I am at a loss as well. A few minutes of effort can make a plane perform in a great manner!