Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Top Flite released an F4U Corsair 61 ARF !!!!!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Top Flite released an F4U Corsair 61 ARF !!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 11:43 AM
Lifer
My Feedback: (1)

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
Default RE: Top Flite released an F4U Corsair 61 ARF !!!!!!!!

Bobby,

Thanks!
Old 12-08-2012, 11:02 PM
Bob Paris
My Feedback: (13)

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

OK Guys,

If anyone has done a build thread here on RCU, with the Top Flight .60~.90 F4U, please list it some where so we can look at your build.

It looks like this model will weight out anywhere between 10.5# and 12.0#.

It also seems to build out quite tail heavy, so you will need nose weight...maybe at least 12 oz. The review I read had a OS .65 LA installed and needed 12 oz. of lead under the engine to balance the model. The OS .65LA engine powered this model quite well and if you go to the video Tower has on this model...you will see just how well it does with this engine.

A RCG 20 cc weights out at 29 oz. and the cowl is big enough to hide a small gas engine. I'm flying a RCG 20 cc now, with a Master Air Screw 16x8 "S" series prop and I have also used a 15x7 three bladed M.A. prop with little difference in RPM and performance. I'm flying a 9.3# model and this enigne will pull this model vertical with a vengence...unlimited vertical. So I plan on going with a RGC 20 cc engine in my kit.

I already received information from Tower that my model will be on its way Monday...standard shipping to Hawaii, may take a month. But its next on the building board.

Soft Landings Always,
Bobby of Maui
Old 12-09-2012, 07:13 PM
jrod1019

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Bob Paris

OK Guys,

If anyone has done a build thread here on RCU, with the Top Flight .60~.90 F4U, please list it some where so we can look at your build.

It looks like this model will weight out anywhere between 10.5# and 12.0#.

It also seems to build out quite tail heavy, so you will need nose weight...maybe at least 12 oz. The review I read had a OS .65 LA installed and needed 12 oz. of lead under the engine to balance the model. The OS .65LA engine powered this model quite well and if you go to the video Tower has on this model...you will see just how well it does with this engine.

A RCG 20 cc weights out at 29 oz. and the cowl is big enough to hide a small gas engine. I'm flying a RCG 20 cc now, with a Master Air Screw 16x8 ''S'' series prop and I have also used a 15x7 three bladed M.A. prop with little difference in RPM and performance. I'm flying a 9.3# model and this enigne will pull this model vertical with a vengence...unlimited vertical. So I plan on going with a RGC 20 cc engine in my kit.

I already received information from Tower that my model will be on its way Monday...standard shipping to Hawaii, may take a month. But its next on the building board.

Soft Landings Always,
Bobby of Maui
i think they used a o.s. 65ax and not the LA sport motor.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:20 AM
Bob Paris

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Hay Jrod1019,
I stand correctred, your right. A OS .95 AX was used in the review.
Soft Landings Always
Bobby of Maui
Old 12-10-2012, 12:14 PM
SkyPilot101

Too good of a deal to pass up, ordered one!!! Now to decide if it will superceed other unfinished birds
Old 12-10-2012, 06:23 PM
aghost

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bob, There's a thread in the Warbirds section on this plane
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10..._1/key_/tm.htm

I put an OS108 2S in mine. Otherwise pretty much a stock build. Came in at 10 lb. Did not need extra weight to balance. Flies great.

Brian
Old 12-11-2012, 05:04 PM
JWQ500RC
My Feedback: (2)

Just ordered mine at $220. delivered. Couldn't pass it up. Now I just have to come up with the money for the retracts and engine.