Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

New to the forum...Question on Engine for Aeroworks extra 300 60/90...

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

New to the forum...Question on Engine for Aeroworks extra 300 60/90...

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 08:17 AM
CRFan1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the forum...Question on Engine for Aeroworks extra 300 60/90...

Hi all,

New to this great forum and I have a question. I have an Aeroworks 60/90 Extra 300 and I just broke in a Saito 100 (great motor!)with the intent of using itin this plane. Are there any issues with mounting this engine in this kit? WIll it be a straight forward install or are there modifications required, etc.?

Thanks!
Old 05-03-2011, 08:26 AM
hrrcflyer

Default RE: New to the forum...Question on Engine for Aeroworks extra 300 60/90...

CRFan,

A Saito 100 will be perfect for this plane. If you follow the instructions, you should be rewarded with an awesome flying airplane. A friend of mine and I both recently bought one, but we are making them electric. My friend finished his plane first. His plane has a Rimfire 80 with a 5S 5000ma pack turning a 14x7 APC and the plane flies AWESOME ! ! The ARF is more expensive than comparable size ARF's, but IMHO they are well worth the extra money.

Good luck with your plane and let us konw if you have any questions along the way................

David
Old 05-03-2011, 09:58 AM
CRFan1

Default RE: New to the forum...Question on Engine for Aeroworks extra 300 60/90...

ORIGINAL: hrrcflyer

CRFan,

A Saito 100 will be perfect for this plane. If you follow the instructions, you should be rewarded with an awesome flying airplane. A friend of mine and I both recently bought one, but we are making them electric. My friend finished his plane first. His plane has a Rimfire 80 with a 5S 5000ma pack turning a 14x7 APC and the plane flies AWESOME ! ! The ARF is more expensive than comparable size ARF's, but IMHO they are well worth the extra money.

Good luck with your plane and let us konw if you have any questions along the way................

David
Thanks for the info.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:14 AM
CRFan1

Well, after doing some research on here, I found out the 100 is not a direct fit as it is a bit longer than say a 91. I had to take a dremmel tooland shave down one ear of the motor mount (about halfway) and I am going to replace the standard socket head screw for the mount with a flatter button head screw. Other wise the carb prevents the motor from going back far enough. the plans call for 4 3/4" from the firewall and by doing this I can get to 4 7/8 which is within an 1/8th of inch. Should be ok