Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: AVOID Nitroplanes!!!!!!!!!

I talked to world models some years ago and they told me that the 40 size ultimate I bought from nitro planes was a stolen design.
    lets face it most of the chinese are thieves and copy cats.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yep!
    # 93 in Club Saito; Carl Goldberg Ultimate Brotherhood # 12; Pulse brother # 2;Hellcat Brotherhood #8;P-47 Thunderbolt Brotherhood #18

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

see that is a bad statement , when you menthion someones nationally withe behavior its benieth you and i know you dont mean in that fashion.
    It best said that imports period !! have been knockoffs , they knock off ecah other lol , CMP was knocked off by Fly models and willshobby knock them all off lol .
    Just like Hobby King is knocking off FMS !!
    I can tell you why we will say "Chinese" because the factorys that are most cabable of knocking off products are in China !! .
    Half the peopel that visit China for potential imports deal with a broker/agent that shows them items pawned off as there own , all they do is contract with a factory that makes the products lol . If you ever had the pleasure of doing this trip you will be taken to "showrooms" ya , ok a showroom is a broker that will have a nice set up of "his" ya "His" factory products , when in reality he may not even have a contract with the factory that is making the planes .
    That is why you have to get to the actual factory !! I was on one consulting project to track illegal licened goods ,I went to a trade show and in three separate booths I witnessed the company that I worked for products , presented as product made by the company in the booth lol .
    Common practice is to copy licensed goods and sell them without a contract or licensed agreement . The good news is that with the new global economy and the power of the net , it difficult to operate ane hide as a 'unlicensed copy cat company"
    For the record everyone will copy and that is wht in the USA we have trademark and patient laws but any good attourney will tell you that your patient better have some feature or benifit that makes in intrinsic and inherant of your specific product , or it will not stand up in court .
    I cant even imagine how any model can have any design patient when their differances in design are not monumental by any standards .
    LDM

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I am currently typing this post on a laptop computer with the name of a very reputable Japanese manufacturer on it, its quality is superb.  Can you guess where it is made?  China.
    To err is human, to really mess things up requires government involvement

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hobbico is the parent company of the rest.

CMP is NOT Nitro. Was not hard to find this: http://cmpairplane.com/contact.html You will note that the contacts for the company are NOT connected with Nitro. CMP sells low end ARF but if you want to work it is decent value for the money. Their latest model an Bf-109 is actually pretty good.

No idea why Nitro is playing games. Maybe just for the free advertising. But they are playing games since Desert Aircraft has asked them to remove the ad.

This is just dumb. Nitro seems to be decent to their customers most of the time and they have plenty of ads out. So why be a jerk about using the term DA.
    Cheers,
    Craig

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Oberst

Wize choice! The people who defend CMP/Raidentech/Nitroplanes/Flyboymodels (what ever they like to call themselves) so much here at RCUand RCG, if you noticed- they have personal dealings with them if you haven't figured that out yet.
    You've outdone yourself Oberst....

Of COURSE anyone that defends them has "personal dealings" with them... what sillyness.

My own "personal dealings" are that I have a BUNCH of their planes because I like what I purchased for the price.

Is something like this too much to wrap your head around?

I hope EVERYONE figures out that we have "personal dealings"... they are called "purchases". Duh.

There is an art . . . to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: skubacb

CMP is NOT Nitro. Was not hard to find this: http://cmpairplane.com/contact.html You will note that the contacts for the company are NOT connected with Nitro. CMP sells low end ARF but if you want to work it is decent value for the money. Their latest model an Bf-109 is actually pretty good.
    Yes, thank you for getting that right... Others still don't get it.

No idea why Nitro is playing games. Maybe just for the free advertising. But they are playing games since Desert Aircraft has asked them to remove the ad.
    Again, you are speculating.

You haven't asked how to get the ad removed or changed?

If you are TRUELY interested, it can be done.

This is just dumb. Nitro seems to be decent to their customers most of the time and they have plenty of ads out. So why be a jerk about using the term DA.
    One letter of the alphabet on ONE ad in their entire web site, and it's a big deal to point that you call them "jerks"?

A mountain out of a mole-hill...

You are right in that the advertizing should not read that, but sheez.

There is an art . . . to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Let me also add my personal dealing with them.In 2010 I turned 50 . My wife said , "you have all these fuel planes sitting around , bashing ect , what if you try a turn key eletric plane , ready to go , no work" . I agreed , so $229 , She ordered an FMS 55mm epo P40 , under Nitros brand called Airfield . It comes with a 2.4 system complete , battery , charger , and all servos .
    Well while waiting for my plane I am reading reviews on the plane and i am not happy with what I am reading , (remember dont even have mine yet ) .
    I emial Tony from Nitro and I hate to make this public for those that do want to take advantage of a company .
    So I tell him , wow I am getting this P40 , retracts are subject to problem , radio is cheap ect .
    Tony -sight unseen says , what can I do they are first release , I will make you a deal on another plane -remember I did not take deliver yet !!!!.
    And make good he did , and guess what !! Just like so much bull that we read on line so much is all Urban Legand , all drama no fact and I bought into it hook line and sinker .
    I used my spectrum 2.4 only to learn in anorther plane that they 2.4 cheapy system that came with the plane was flawless and worked glitch free and bound easier then my spectrum system .
    The plane flew great and started an entire new interesting in eflight for me !!!
    Again , I read threads , belived in what I read and I was totally wrong in following the drama .Also new team at Nitro was very responsive
    LDM

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Some people as usual miss the point. I don't care if Nitro some times gets it right. Even if they get many things right.

Why advertise an engine as a DA when it is not. Yes, you might get some people to buy the engine buy why? If you have a good engine as one person believes then advertise that.

Desert Aircraft has done a bunch of things to help this hobby. Where is Nitro's support. What events has Nitro sponsored? If you want to support Nitro then start your own thread and post about something, anything, that Nitro has done to support this hobby. It is utterly wrong for Nitro to try to ride on the coat tail of a company that has earned their great reputation.

Nitro's arrogance in this is dumb. If it ain't a DA then don't lie about it on your website.
    Cheers,
    Craig

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Craig , while i agree in theory , its really starting to sound like a winey long song and let me explane.
    Private label in the world we live in was aprox 15 to 19% of the sales in its respective categories . Now its reaching 22% with a goal of 24 to 28 % .Every single company starts out with the benchmark as the target and in this case the bench mark is DA .
    Many brands in mainstream retail look the same , work the same or almost work the same at a lower cost .
    You can get Tylenal with its multi million dollar ad program or its generic brand knock off , sure QC may me less on the generic but this is a practice that is done everyday in every major retailer with great names and great reputations.
    Sam Walton built Walmart on USA made knock off under the Sams Choice label (this was before he went to China -for the record) .
    Store brands under 90% of the marketing are designed to lure you into thinking there as good , better or they are the name brand . Why do you think private label evolved from black and white labels to "Controled brands" , it was one more step to sell you .
    As a fact NItro planes imports the FMS line of ero warbirds under Airfield , I can buy direct in China under FMS , same exact plane .
    I was buying DLE engines at 40% less direct then now having to buy thru Tower , same exact engine , I know this is not what you talking about but my overall point is name brands , look a likes ect are marketed all day long around you 365 days a year with the point of luring you into trying something cheaper that at time will deliver more or equal to the benchmark brand , its just business and guess what , they did not invent that in China , the concept was invented in the USA
    LDM

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

LDM, agree we do pay much more for branding (middlemen). Ads are expensive but for the companies they pay off big time. A prime example is Spectrum. That brand has a great many more problems than most. Maybe more than the generic Chinese brands. While the change to the hoping format may reduce the complete loss of control problem they still have a multitude of troubles. RX chips that have come loose, at least two types of RX that gave you full down elevator occasionally, antennas coming off, one RX that was sold its use was disallowed but no replacement for 5 months or so, transmitters with all types of problems, and more.

Yet with all of that and more, you will see people jump all over me for just stating the above facts. (All of this can be found on their website.) They will jump because they completely consumed the advertising and branding. When some of these problems surfaced we had people at our club crying out that it could not be so because the advertising told them it could not happen. Believe me I will hear all about it from the fanatics. But the facts are there. I was one of the first to go with Spectrum. After loosing 6 planes in 250 flights, I dumped it for Futaba. So far with thousands of flights I have not had one incident with radio control. I.E. no lost aircraft due to the radio.

Next I will buy XtremeLink's 16 channel radio when it comes out. I believe it might be more capable than my rather expensive 12Z for 1/6 of the price. Incredible value, 16 channels, telemetry, voice, open programming, templates of other radios, for only $250. The difference here is no advertising, not Japanese, actually made in the US for that price.

What the retailer does for us is give us someone to complain to and fix errors in a timely manner. IE be responsible for any troubles. So the customer feels more secure. It took Hobby City a long time before people would trust them and now they do very well. I have made some direct buys from Hong Kong and China with good luck so far. But China is rather like the wild west in retail you can almost never be sure and a lose of one order can easily make up for the price difference of a US retailer. Ya pays your money and you takes your chances.

Really crazy that some people would stand up for Nitro with them advertising a DLE as a DA. Being that I was an officer in the AF for 25 years I take great umbrage with deceit and lies. I have bought aircraft from Nitro previously but this willful act of dishonesty should keep me away.
    Cheers,
    Craig

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I just Googled your system you talk about. For others...click on link below. DATE 2006-2007....a few years back!!

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10210
    I never met a engine I did not like !

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Craig great post , I know what you mean with spectrum , when I first got mine my cheapy free 2.4 that came with my FMS EPO P40 would bind easier then my spectrum lol .
    I wont say I am not a brand guy , but I am not anal about brands , I use the brand to measure what I want to see if the cheapy brand and many time I am more then rewarded lol .
    My medal gear $9.00 servos from HK work just the same as my $25 HiTec servos in the same size and torque so you never know
    LDM

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

CaptinJohn - Use this link for discussion on Xtremelink http://www.rcgroups.com/xtreme-power-systems-483/ He has changed the entire system over to full time hopping and eliminated any problems that showed up earlier. Products are at: http://www.xtremepowersystems.net/ It had growing pains but is now a robust and cool system. The info on the radio is a looong read. Wish he would post a summary of the features.

LDM, it is still hard for me to use some generic stuff. I tore apart some of the cheaper servos and they were lacking some things. Things like leads were not tied down, case was thin and allowed gear misalignment, etc. Friend lost one to the leads moving and breaking. They have been improving so I should take another look. BTW on servos for bigger aircraft I highly recommend going with titanium gears. My Aeroworks 37% has JR 8611s (bought used). All the JR/Spectrum lovers at our field tell everyone how good they are. They state that they center better than Hitec, etc. Well, after only 20 flights they don't center worth a damn because the metal gears start to wear and get sloppy. After 100 flights you must put in a new gear set because they are way too sloppy. My friend with the Hitec 7955s (believe that is right) has over 500 flights and his servos are as tight as the day he bought them. If you look at the cost he would have had to pay $35 for each JR servo each 100 flights ($175 per servo) to keep even with the Hitec 7955s. Been looking at the SAVOX titianiums. A little less torque but for a lower price with titanium. Perfect for most of my planes. Before I can say how good they are I need to get those 500 flights! . Still it looks like this might be the way to go where you need metal gears.

Point on DA is that even though some of the Chinese stuff is pretty good, you cannot get DA quality/service anywhere else. No one in the TOC or Shootout who wants to win uses anything but a DA. (A little wrong I believe there was one or two 3Ws there).

Come on Nitro. You still have the lie of an ad.
    Cheers,
    Craig

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345