Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

What do ugly women and ARF's have in common?

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 06:14 PM
rcguy59
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: What do ugly women and ARF's have in common?

A lot of fat girls think they look better in high heels. They don't, but at least you hear them coming...
Old 11-27-2011, 06:31 PM
Tx_RcFlyer
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seems it would be easier to compare ARF's to pretty women. They all look good on the outside but many of them lack substance on the inside.
Old 11-27-2011, 06:36 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

ORIGINAL: Tx_RcFlyer

Seems it would be easier to compare ARF's to pretty women. They all look good on the outside but many of them lack substance on the inside. [img][/img]
True, but then this thread wouldn't be "The Clubhouse" that it has become for knuckle dragging, micro-encephalitic morons like some of us poor guys have been in search of..........
Old 11-27-2011, 07:00 PM
combatpigg

Don't they make a cute couple............?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj23134.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	15.5 KB
ID:	1692269  
Old 11-27-2011, 07:09 PM
rcguy59

He doesn't look nearly as terrified as I'd imagined.
Old 11-27-2011, 07:37 PM
FILE IFR

No ARF can beat the Beverly Hillbillies own Ms. Hathaway.

... I'd drink her bathwater.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mj24664.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	1692309  
Old 11-27-2011, 07:48 PM
rcguy59

She drowned. Or at least I think that's what they meant. They said she was found face-down in Ricki Lake.
Old 11-27-2011, 07:48 PM
combatpigg

That looks like a 55 year old Luke Skywalker.......
Old 11-27-2011, 08:11 PM
SCALECRAFT
My Feedback: (13)

They both need work before one takes them out?

Steve
Old 11-27-2011, 08:18 PM
Airplanes400
My Feedback: (349)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Oberst

LOL! Red is my wife. She's been supporting me in my hobby ever since I got started because we weren't able to afford a real-sized airplane at the time. Once we had our son, she got out of the RCU forums because tending our son was more important than hanging out in a forum. She came back in her to seek out other female posters, and the tiresome trashing of ARFs and people that fly them got on her nerves. Most of you were associating ugly with fat long before you accused me of making the association, and it's simply not true. My wife may be overweight, but to me, she is the most beautiful thing in the world. I don't take for granted her OR her support of my aircraft. She worries right alongside me in the pits while I fly, she's my spotter, my filmographer and my helper - she paints my pilots, as she's a 25 mm lead soldier miniaturist, gives me advice on my painting, a very astute historian for German WW1 and WW2 planes and the men that flew them (she had family that flew in the Luftwaffe) and the nicest, kindest woman I've ever met. By trashing ARFs and women right alongside them, you've insulted her AND all the women in this forum, ugly or not, and I'm sure a few men in here as well.

Why don't you all go back to doing something CONSTRUCTIVE like building your precious ''kits?'' I think most of you are nothing but trolls who don't build, spend all your time being flightline commandoes and still living in your parents' basement.

Pete
Pete,
Your wife, Red, is absolutely correct about this RCU forum ... Nothing but a bunch of crap and BS talk. A total waste of time that none of us will ever get back. But it kills time when there is nothing else on TV. So, and I hope, all this is taken in stride, and for fun. And just in case it isn't ... we can find a male bashing joke. After all, women bash the hell out of men too. Sometimes, rightly so.

So, here's a few male bashing jokes to help balance things out for the women. ...
What's the difference between a man and a donkey?
One is a jackass, and the other is just a mule.

What keeps flight attendants from the scum of the earth?
The cockpit door!

Ugly men play with both of them.

It's the only thing ugly men can get.

Ugly men.
Old 11-27-2011, 08:51 PM
Redbaroness13

ORIGINAL: Airplanes400

ORIGINAL: Oberst

LOL! Red is my wife. She's been supporting me in my hobby ever since I got started because we weren't able to afford a real-sized airplane at the time. Once we had our son, she got out of the RCU forums because tending our son was more important than hanging out in a forum. She came back in her to seek out other female posters, and the tiresome trashing of ARFs and people that fly them got on her nerves. Most of you were associating ugly with fat long before you accused me of making the association, and it's simply not true. My wife may be overweight, but to me, she is the most beautiful thing in the world. I don't take for granted her OR her support of my aircraft. She worries right alongside me in the pits while I fly, she's my spotter, my filmographer and my helper - she paints my pilots, as she's a 25 mm lead soldier miniaturist, gives me advice on my painting, a very astute historian for German WW1 and WW2 planes and the men that flew them (she had family that flew in the Luftwaffe) and the nicest, kindest woman I've ever met. By trashing ARFs and women right alongside them, you've insulted her AND all the women in this forum, ugly or not, and I'm sure a few men in here as well.

Why don't you all go back to doing something CONSTRUCTIVE like building your precious ''kits?'' I think most of you are nothing but trolls who don't build, spend all your time being flightline commandoes and still living in your parents' basement.

Pete
Pete,
Your wife, Red, is absolutely correct about this RCU forum ... Nothing but a bunch of crap and BS talk. A total waste of time that none of us will ever get back. But it kills time when there is nothing else on TV. So, and I hope, all this is taken in stride, and for fun. And just in case it isn't ... we can find a male bashing joke. After all, women bash the hell out of men too. Sometimes, rightly so.

So, here's a few male bashing jokes to help balance things out for the women. ...
What's the difference between a man and a donkey?
One is a jackass, and the other is just a mule.

What keeps flight attendants from the scum of the earth?
The cockpit door!

Ugly men play with both of them.

It's the only thing ugly men can get.

Ugly men.

Bahahahaha! That's true. I mean, it started out as funny, but it degraded really quickly. Iperhaps got a little too hot with it. But you shouldn't have put the fact that I'm right on a public forum - now Iwon't let Oberst live that one down!

I've got one - a rehashed one, but might be still funny -

Difference between a Porcupine and a car full of male RC pilots?

*****s are on the OUTSIDE of the porcupine!
Old 11-27-2011, 08:59 PM
Airplanes400

I like that porcupine joke. Never heard that one before.
Old 11-27-2011, 10:03 PM
combatpigg

That porcupine joke made me vewwwy, vewwy angggwwy........[>:]

I hope no future RCers see that joke and then decide that this hobby is not right for them....[]
Old 11-27-2011, 10:09 PM
rcguy59

I've worked long and hard to become the best pr**k I can be. Ask anyone I know.
Old 11-27-2011, 10:18 PM
jessiej

It seems the threads discussing factual information are brief. Those expressing opinion go on for pages. Those that offend someone go on forever. Gotta be something to do with the entertainment factor.

Now we need a short thread with a mathematical formula to determine that factor.

jess
Old 11-27-2011, 10:32 PM
combatpigg

True, nothing like a little algebra or physics to bring a runaway thread into submission.....

What's ironic is that there's a couple dozen red hot ARF threads boiling away in this forum with 100,000 recent replies, yet the ARF Gestapo isn't satisfied with that, he demands to have 100% compliance with his Pro ARF agenda.
Old 11-27-2011, 10:39 PM
jessiej

ORIGINAL: combatpigg

True, nothing like a little algebra or physics to bring a runaway thread into submission.....

What's ironic is that there's a couple dozen red hot ARF threads boiling away in this forum with 100,000 recent replies, yet the ARF Gestapo isn't satisfied with that, he demands to have 100% compliance with his Pro ARF agenda.
Yep. They can't seem to understand that I could care less about what kind of junk they fly. The perverts who insist on all synthetic fuel on the other hand...

jess
Old 11-27-2011, 11:43 PM
rcguy59

Let's keep the math fun and make it a story-problem: If it takes a day and a half for a chicken to lay three eggs, how long would it take CombatPigg to squeeze the crap out of Col. Klink's head? Before you answer, consider the vast quantity of crap involved and whether or not CP will stop to don hip-waders.
Old 11-28-2011, 01:24 AM
tonyob

I once ditched a woman to put her out of MY misery
Love it! I've done the same thing as well.

Actually, I've had a great time with plenty of ARFs, a different sort of time to that I've had with my scratch builds, but a great time nonetheless.

Reminds me of the saying, the worst beer I've had was wonderful. The worst ARF I've had wasn't quite as good as that but still nice.
Old 11-28-2011, 01:30 AM
combatpigg

It could never happen with Sgt Schultz ready to spring into action. ....[8D]

They made 168 episodes... I'll bet I saw each one 20 times and could practically recite the lines...!

My Dad was on a business flight and just happened to sit next to this young guy named Bob Crane. He was all excited about this new TV show he had done the pilot episode for and he was interested to hear that my Dad was a fighter pilot who flew P-47s out of Belgium and flew the Battle of the Bulge. So what a small World it is and my Dad got a real kick out of that show when it finally came out.

The Stalag 17 movie was such a classic, too. Loved "The Animal" character and his obsession for Betty Grable.

Otto Preminger was the perfect, evil commandant. Just a great movie.
Old 11-28-2011, 01:49 AM
rcguy59

I too was a big Hogan's Heroes fan. Hard to imagine being able to make Nazis funny but they pulled it off.
Old 11-28-2011, 02:07 AM
combatpigg

Hollywood had a special way of painting all Germans as evil Nazis, but Hogans Heros was able to point out that a lot of them just wanted to get through the damn war and get on with their lives..just like many of the guys on our side.
The worst part of the war for the allied fighter pilots was taking out the ammo cart convoys that used horses, oxen and sometimes civilians to pull the freight. More than anything else, that is what gave him and his buddies the most regret and nightmares.
Someday I'd like to build a P-47 in his honor, but with him not around and very few of his cronies still alive, it's kind of a hollow gesture.
Old 11-28-2011, 04:59 AM
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: rcguy59

Let's keep the math fun and make it a story-problem: If it takes a day and a half for a chicken to lay three eggs, how long would it take CombatPigg to squeeze the crap out of Col. Klink's head? Before you answer, consider the vast quantity of crap involved and whether or not CP will stop to don hip-waders.
They don't make hip waders that big.

Now, here's one for the arfers and the ladies.
Beau-tay is only skin deep.
It's what's on the inside that counts.

Which reminds me of a line from an old sitcom:

"That woman is all heart;
Surrounded by miles and miles and miles of fat."
Old 11-28-2011, 07:01 AM
Airplanes400

Women can wear high heels, but ARF's don't land well when you use high heels in place of wheels.

I actually don't mind some ARF's. There are some good ones out there. But even so, they do require attention, some beefing-up, recovering (unless the covering is monokote), better hardware, adjusting, and re-glueing.

ARF's also don't survive a small crash all that well. They break up too easily. Kit-built planes are extremely well made and will survive a light crash with minimal damage.

If anyone puts an ARF together in less than 100 extra hours, it's not going to last long. If you do manage to put one together in the 10~12 "recommended hours", don't fly it !!!
Old 11-28-2011, 07:44 AM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

This thread is being locked. It is starting to get out of hand and really has no place in the ARF forums.

David