Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Kangke Monocoupe 60-90

Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Kangke Monocoupe 60-90

Old 12-30-2011, 06:47 AM
Kimhoff
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kangke Monocoupe 60-90

What size engines are you flying your Kangke Mnocoupe 60-90 with?

Had a 80 2 stroke in one and it seemed very underpowered.

Anyone flying a 4 stroke?

Old 12-30-2011, 10:13 AM
Texastbird

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Kangke Monocoupe 60-90

My flying buddy is fitting a RCGF 20 to one and it seems the perfect size. It is balancing out pretty well without any lead weight needed. It will be ready to fly any day now, weather permitting.
Old 12-30-2011, 10:38 AM
alltumbs

I've put two of thesetogether for a friend, andboth times installed an OS 91 FS in them. They seem to work outfine power wise. I know they sound great on the flybys. I mountedthe OSsideways so the exhaust comes out the bottom . The one outon the bench now I put a YS muffler on witha pressure fitting tappedin for tank pressure. Haven't started it up yet so I can't say one way or theother if there's any difference between the YS and OS muffler. But the YS is a much cleaner looking installation.
Old 12-30-2011, 05:27 PM
aussiesteve

If you are looking at buying another engine and would consider going to Gas, The DLE 20 is an excellent match for this plane.

A "90 size" glow 4 stroke is about the minimum you want for "Scale" flight. I have built a number of them (I used to be the Kangke importer here and was therefore also the SK importer). As a guideline, The SK 90 works fine, the SK 1.30 works even better They are reasonably high torque low revving glow engines. Probably the best Glow combination I used was a Saito 1.00

Program in some aileron differential and you wil find it also turns much better.
Old 01-01-2012, 08:33 AM
Gizmo-RCU
My Feedback: (27)

I have a G-38 on my 90 size with an 18X6 prop to help it slow for landing as it is a "floater". It balances well with tank positioning over the balance point to keep balance as the tank empty's, this works for gassers as they pump fuel.
The Rudder/ Aileron mix really helps, about 15% is what I use.