Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Seagull Models 40-sized PT-19?

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Seagull Models 40-sized PT-19?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 05:07 PM
N1EDM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Seagull Models 40-sized PT-19?

Hi OzzyMark

I haven't seen any Horizon reps on site. I was also disappointed when I called HH and was told to dig out the control rods, that it would give me enough flex. For the record, once I cut into the bottom covering (posts 19 & 20) I freed up the existing tubes (they broke free of the hot melt very easily) but that was not enough to let the tubes and pushrods work freely. That was why I went to the Sulllivans.

Let me know how yours turns out. I used a piece of blue Ultracote to cover the bottom but it wasn't a perfect color match. But it wasn't too far off, either, and it's on the bottom anyway.

I just went back and re-read some posts. We'll have to watch the landing gear - the plane could be 'tippy' to taxi. We may have to bend the LG a bit forward. Mine needs cowl, decals, windshields and final balance in order to fly but I have to fix my wrecked Cub/NE-1 first.

Bob
Old 07-24-2012, 07:26 PM
OzzyMark

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I decided to email Seagull Models directly - please see below.....

Hi
I thought I would drop you a line to a manufacturing fault to your attention.
I am one of many people who have bought the Seagull PT-19 .46 ARF aircraft. Assembly of the model has taken quite a while as I have been researching a way to fix the elevator pushrods that are pre-installed. These guide tubes for these pushrods are FAR too tight for effective operation due to them not being installed straight. I have since fitted some 0.062†rods and found these much better, although still not good. The rudder pushrod is perfect, so I’m not sure why the elevator ones are so badly installed.
This is far from an isolated case – please have a look at this forum on RC Universe.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=11150652
I’m not sure that I would buy another Seagull model if this is the standard of your quality control – I guess it will depend on your response to this email. This situation is rather a shame as I am already on the lookout for another plane for my OS .50sx engine.
I look forward to hearing from you

Regards
Mark Johnston
President – Esperance Model Aero Club Inc.

I wonder if anything will happen??
Old 07-28-2012, 02:53 PM
N1EDM

Well said.... We'll be interested to see if there is a response.

Bob
Old 07-29-2012, 09:06 PM
OzzyMark

Dear Mark,

This is very cheapest price of PT-19 from Seagull but very good quality. We have released this model over 8 years without any complains.

We are very happy to receive your email. If you can help me can you please send all photos you have in order we can check your installation and also there is any mistake from manufacturer.

I would highly appreciate your much helps.

Best regards,

Duyen

Managing Director
MB: 84 916902461.
Direct line : 848-37112157.
Fax: 848-37112155.
Seagul Models Manufacturing and Trading Company ltd.,
Office address: 62/8 Ngo Tat To, Ward 19, Binh Thanh District - HCM City.
Factory address: 12/101 A, Hamlet 4, Dong Thanh Hamlet, Le Van Khuong Street, Hoc Mon District , HCM City, Vietnam.
www.Seagullmodels.com
Facebook: DuyenSeagull or SeagullteamTringuyen

Hi Duyen

There are a several photos on the RC Universe forum http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=11150652
I don’t think I’m the only one to have found this problem – I suppose other people have found ways to get around the issue. Maybe they just haven’t let you know.

Maybe you could check some of the planes on the factory floor – that would probably tell you more….

Thanks

mark

Dear Mark,

What you need from us for your PT-19?

I will help you.

Best regards,

Duyen

Managing Director
MB: 84 916902461.
Direct line : 848-37112157.
Fax: 848-37112155.
Seagul Models Manufacturing and Trading Company ltd.,
Office address: 62/8 Ngo Tat To, Ward 19, Binh Thanh District - HCM City.
Factory address: 12/101 A, Hamlet 4, Dong Thanh Hamlet, Le Van Khuong Street, Hoc Mon District , HCM City, Vietnam.
www.Seagullmodels.com
Facebook: DuyenSeagull or SeagullteamTringuyen

Hi Duyen

I don’t really require anything from you. I just wanted to let you know what the problem is so you can fix it at the factory!!

I’ve worked out a solution for myself, but I think it’s important to provide feedback to manufacturers.

Have a good weekend

mark
Old 08-01-2012, 05:07 PM
N1EDM

Thanks for sharing that, Ozzy.

I almost maidened mine last weekend but the weather and schedule gods conspired against me. FOr the record, the plane balanced spot on with no shifting or additional weight. The all up weight was 5 lbs 9 oz. I supposed I could have shaved an ounce or two off of that if I had gone with one servo and pushrod with the U-connector for the elevators.

Perhaps this weekend. How about yours???

Bob
Old 02-02-2013, 01:20 AM
top242

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hello! which you laid him four times ..... 52 you put a lot of lead in the nose?
Old 02-02-2013, 05:11 AM
N1EDM

Hi Top,

I didn't have to put anything special in the nose with my Magnum 52. Did you do anything to increase the weight towards the back? With all the modifications that I did, the parts that I removed (covering, control rods and sheathes) were pretty much equal to anything that I put back. What are you finding???

Bob
Old 02-02-2013, 05:29 AM
top242

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I weighed my plane yet and are 2.7 kilos of weight

Old 02-02-2013, 05:52 AM
N1EDM

My airplane weighed 2.5 Kilos, a little lighter than yours. But mine does not have the cowl or the windshields on it yet. So, my airplane may yet weigh about 5.6 Kilos instead of 5.5 kilos when I add these on.

Bob
Old 03-04-2013, 02:53 PM
Eray2012
My Feedback: (1)

I'm looking in to airplane! But in was wandering if you all had suggestions to scale this airplane up a little!
Old 03-04-2013, 03:53 PM
N1EDM

There are no plans to scale this up with unfortunately. I have seen some plans around though. I think that this plane would be super in a 72" to 96" span.

That being said, I can only say that I had 'flown' a large on on a simulator and it was very smooth. I can't say that I've had actual experience with a larger one in real life modeling.

If I had the opportunity and the engine, I'd go for it. SHe looks pretty and, at least with this one, she also flies 'pretty', too.

Bob