Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Black Horse Landscape

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Black Horse Landscape

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 10:05 AM
ian51291

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Black Horse Landscape

F16WpnsTech,the DLE 20 is quite a powerful motor,people are using them in the Hangar 9 mustang that weighs around 11lb,i have one in my Thunder Tiger Bearcat,given the Landscape weighs in around 12lb it should pull it round ok but may not have enough in reserve.

Ian.
Old 11-03-2012, 12:30 PM
F-16WpnsTech

Thanks Ian, I was thinking along those lines as well. A 30 with throttle management would probably do the trick.
Old 11-11-2012, 10:11 AM
ian51291

Im maidened the Landscape today,lined it up into what wind was around opened the throttle and off she went,more throttle and more up elevator and she was still on the ground more throtle and full up elevator and still on the ground,by this time she was going at a fair rate of knots and running out of strip so i thought abort and shut the throttle and off the elevator but as soon as i did that she took off,so i hit the throttle and give it some elevator and she was flying.when my heart rate went back to normal i put in a few circuits, didnt need much trimming at all and looked really good in the air,a quarter throttle and it was above scale speed,half throttle and it was like a rocket,what the take off problem was i dont know,someone said it my have too much down thrust,tried the flaps at low throttle and the nose droped which was no problem.time to land and check nothing had come loose,dropped the flaps and lined her up,backing off the throttle she was floating too much so went round again and tried without the flaps and she came in no problem,on roll out she wasnt responding to the steering which after inspection the nose wheel axle had come out the strut due to a loose grubscrew,glad it did it on the ground and not in the air so that was its only flight of the day,it is now ready for another flight,i havn't done anything with the thrust line yet as i will try one more flight next weekend.

Ian
Old 11-18-2012, 09:32 AM
ian51291

Had another flight with the Landscape after changing the thrust line,seemed to get off the ground better but still not as it should,but on takeoff i had more nose leg woes,it twisted to around 45 degrees and stayed there,luckily i managed to land it without to much damage just a slightly bent noseleg,i cant understand how just a grub screw is supposed to hold every thing in place,going to have to modify some how,maybe drill a hole in the strut and put a longer grub in it,as for the flight it went really well,the DLE has plenty of power and it looks really good in the air,just have to sort the noseleg out and it will be a nice model

Ian
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq47299.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	254.2 KB
ID:	1821478   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg17586.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	208.5 KB
ID:	1821479   Click image for larger version

Name:	Io28928.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	198.1 KB
ID:	1821480  
Old 02-24-2013, 08:28 AM
ian51291

Another flight and more noseleg woes,after making a new strut beefing up the steering it still twisted on the second landing which wasn't hard which caused it to bend back ,close inspection found that the bottom dogleg which holds the axle had twisted as it is only held with a small grub screw,so i have junked the whole lot and going to replace it with a Sierra unit,let you know how i get on.

Ian
Old 03-17-2013, 02:07 PM
ian51291

Could'nt get a seirra,they dont seem to do the universal one anymore,Robart unit is either to big or too small,luckily i have a spare noseleg unit that i managed to get for my ASM Cessna so i used that,it fits fine you just have to drill new holes in the firewall for the bigger mount and change the way the wheel spat fits,i also had to change the steering fron the pull pull to a 3mm rod push pull system, i also fitted a bigger wheel which was a spare for my ASM P61,this model is getting to be a bit of everything, i havn't flown it yet because of the weather but im sure it should be ok as the strut is quite hefty for the size of the model.

Ian.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh14466.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	1863157   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ws56802.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	1863158  
Old 03-31-2013, 06:10 AM
ian51291

Finally i had 2 succesful flights with the Landscape today,ie take off,flight ,land and taxi back to the pits with no noseleg issues,with the extra weight of the heftier nose leg and the 3 subC batts and a lipo for the ignition it came out at 15lb,Black Horse quote 12lb but the extra weight hasn't bothererd it,still flies really well,the DLE30 pulls it around on a 1/4 throttle so plenty to spare and it will come in quite slow with just 1/2 flaps,now i can finally start to enjoy this model,anybody building this model should replace the noseleg because trust me even the best of landings it will bend especially if you fly off grass.

Ian.