Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Tower Hobbies Razor 3D GP/EP ARF 52"

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Tower Hobbies Razor 3D GP/EP ARF 52"

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 05:02 PM
Eray2012
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tower Hobbies Razor 3D GP/EP ARF 52

I know what ya mean! I have my own airfield and its not the smoothie at in places so my field really tests the strength of them
Old 05-27-2013, 10:04 PM
LawnDartMike

I maidened the Razor and flew three batteries through it. I'm not much of a 3D pilot but it sure makes a great sport plane! I bought it to replace my Uproar and I'm not disappointed. It will do everything the Uproar did and a bunch more. It was quite nose heavy and it still slowed down nicely to land. Well worth the $99!
Old 07-05-2013, 08:43 AM
LawnDartMike

So I have had my Razor up for 12 flights so far. I did manage to rip the landing gear off while landing on grass. I should have taken the warning about the weak landing gear more seriously. They were held in by four tabs and a couple of epoxy spot welds. For those looking to electrify it here is what I used:

Emax GT4020-700

5s 30c 3700mAh battery

APC 14x7E prop

80A ESC with a 6A SBEC

Lots of vertical with this setup. It pulls 1025 watts at a little over 50A with 6 minutes of flight time. I ran it with a 4s battery and 15x8 prop and it had limited vertical but otherwise was still a great sports flyer. It seems happier on the 5 cell battery.

Old 08-14-2013, 03:15 PM
Tom Nied

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Finally took mine out for its maiden today. Four flights with no incidents except maybe not the most stellar landings. I'm happy to report it's a pretty good plane. Better plane than I'm a flyer. Setup with the low rates I'd have to agree with one of the reviewers that it is very tame. I'm probably going to eventually set it up with the suggested medium and high rates. My field is all grass, with the wheel pants off, it took off just fine but landings were so so. I think I'll switch to larger wheels. My well broken in Thunder Tiger Pro .46 was plenty of power and I'm happy it has found an appropriate new home. I had the new plane maiden jitters but she is an honest aircraft with no bad tendencies. She'll cruise around easily at half throttle, which is great for the intermediate pilot just trying to get used to it. Now I'm no 3D flyer and maybe the best description of my flying is "Intermediate Sport". So I'm really happy with this plane and I'm already having fun with it. Its great to get into a much better plane. A bargain at $95 these days. Can't wait to fly it again.
Old 12-28-2013, 07:57 PM
Tom Nied

When is the next warm day? I need to fly this again.
Old 06-29-2016, 05:47 PM
Tom Nied

I haven't flown this since 2013? That is sad. I did go up a couple of sizes in the wheels and it now lands just fine. Took it out today and wondered why it has spent so much time in the basement. Flew it today and its just a fine airplane. I'm probably going to adjust my rates to medium and high, but I really had a good time flying the Razor today. Oh, here's a good one. It flies pretty good with the glow starter still attached. Yep, I took off on my second flight and forgot to take off my glow starter. As I'm flying, "what is that thing hanging from the front of the airplane"? ***. I'm going to fly this one some more and more frequently.
Old 05-23-2018, 02:17 PM
Tom Nied

Well today I cracked up my Tower Razor. Not a pretty sight. Got freaked out by a giant scale gasser flying inverted parallel to my path and decreasing altitude. I tried to pull out and away but literally flew it into the ground. Of course the very experienced fliers don't get how intimidating their planes are to other fliers. "Gee, too bad, what happened", is what I heard. At our field you can fly together, or wait until there is a window of opportunity to fly. I was up first. I had waited for others to get their flights in. Guess I suck. It's beyond repair, but I do have another Razor in the box. It was such a nice plane.
Old 05-24-2018, 03:47 AM
ahicks
My Feedback: (2)

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Intimidation experienced by a lot of us I think. There are certain fliers I'd much rather be watching than flying with for sure (as in I don't trust them).

My solution it to just land. I can have anything I fly on the ground in just a few seconds.

The way I see it, it's my issue not theirs. Club rules allow several planes in the air at the same time. You can't expect others to stay clear of where you are flying....
Old 05-24-2018, 04:04 AM
Tom Nied

Oh I agree. I should have just landed if I didn't feel comfortable. Even though I had waited for an open window of opportunity and was up first. Seems unfair, but I have to live with it.