Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

ESM Customized P51 Mustang

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

ESM Customized P51 Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 06:32 PM
Condor060
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Almost forgot the best part, We found electric starts for the DLE 55 over at Mile high RC. Just needs a 3 cell Lipo. Hit the switch and start your plane.
Old 02-10-2014, 07:14 PM
ThunderBoat42
My Feedback: (1)

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Amen on the down and locked! They did some robarts for my smaller P51 and they are perfect. the 190 is beautiful. The radial appeals to me for that one with the 3 blade prop. I'm a sucker for a scale prop even when I have to sacrifice some performance. I've been hovering the 190 thread but still have yet to see one in person.
The draw to yet another P51 I'd the 270 offset of the Kolm engine firing. Just love it. The comp ARF was initially on the radar. For some reason I just got intimidated in building skills. Then the Aeroworks. But so many mods... It would have to be the ARC. So back to the TF comfy zone. *laughing*

About to experiment w an Eagle slight stabilizer turning elevator off for torque yaw and roll to see what it does. Will also help in port crosswind exaggerating the prop yaw. Maybe. Still nothing better than basic stick n rudder.

BTW. We are soon going to be looking into a multirotor w infared camera for search and rescue. Will be calling when we get a budget approved. Two near losses and one 12 hr delay in a full scale IR equipped copter arriving got some attention to open funding discussion. Go figure.
Old 02-23-2014, 08:52 AM
Mpizpilot
My Feedback: (45)

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by The RC critic
---------I personally have a lot of respect for Fred - Condor060. ---------
---------Take a hike unless you have something constructive to post!---------
---------With any luck your first post will also be your last.---------

I dunno, maybe Fred could come on here and speak for himself...?

I won't hold my breath...
Back to your bridge troll
Old 02-23-2014, 08:54 AM
Condor060
My Feedback: (2)

Speaking of Mustangs boys, We just finished the new paint job on the Aeroworks Mustang. 50CC plane with DA 85.Shes in the Man-O-War scheme now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-0jnZa7X8c
Old 09-27-2014, 11:32 AM
Electriceddie

Originally Posted by The RC critic
Let me see if I have this straight, This dude, "Condor060" comes on here to start a post and has all these guy's attention with his "P-51 build", then gets all the way through the build and doesn't ever post a maiden and/or crash video and then bails for over half a year, comes back and says, "I didn't know anyone was reading this thread"?! I read through this thread reading this posts and looking at the pics he posted only to see that he doesn't even post one video of this airplane flying, just "says" he flew it. Whatever dude, guys like this are a dime a dozen, you see them all over boards like these and youtube bragging about their kits and boasting of their "techniques" as if they are some kind of master craftsman only to get halfway into a project, posting pictures, talking it up etc, etc, only to disappear into oblivion. Except Condor060 sinks to the lowest level and claims, "I didn't know anyone was reading this thread". You should be ashamed, dude. You shouldn't even come back on these boards. Aren't you embarrassed? I'm embarrassed for you.

Let me tell you where this went wrong. Like a lot of novices, he focused too much on the "looks" of the craft instead of the functionality. He spent waaay t0o much time on things like, expensive canopy install, "custom graphics", metal skinning, real exhaust, retracts, paint job, etc, etc. You won't see professionals do this. They get the plane built, they maiden it, fly it a few times and work out all the kinks, then they add paint, decals, custom features, canopy, pilot, insignias, etc.

"Be back in a couple of days..."

(over half a year later...)

"Hey Fellas, I didn't know anyone was following this thread..."

HOLY COW....... I can't believe what I read....

The RC Critic......... What an insensitive person. Condor I believe you did and excellent job. Just where in the rules of posting does it say that you need to post any pics or videos. Yes they are nice to see, but to criticize someone for not posting a video is down right dumb. I can't even imagine what would be going thru your mind to even come up with a post like that.

But then again lets look at this from a distance:

1. You name yourself "The RC Critic" how self serving. Naming yourself "The RC Critic" What exactly are your qualifications to be an RC Critic.

2. You have 3 posts.

3. You just joined in Jan. 2014.

4. You say you have 20 years building & 10 years operating experience, but your profile is empty, not even one Pic of any airplanes you own. Yet you bash someone for not having a video.

5. You complain about a purchase from a company for a sailplane from a website which is unknown to the RC community. Who knows how reputable they are.

6. You purchase a sailplane but are complaining about the video about a warbird. There is nothing wrong with sailplanes but given the circumstance it just adds to the fact that your post is totally out of character.

Don't take this the wrong way but I am just trying to lay out what appears to be the facts so that maybe thru a different view you may realize what you sound like. This is from an impartial observer that's all. Normally I would never post about something like this but I could not believe how it seemed that you jumped on the Colonel for not posting a video. Maybe he has other commitments like a job & family etc. I can see if you have been following this post from the beginning, you have felt slighted by not getting to see it fly, however that's just the way it goes. No reason to throw stones if you live in a glass house. Keep your nose up & wings level.

Thanks
Ed

Last edited by Electriceddie; 09-27-2014 at 11:35 AM.
Old 09-27-2014, 03:56 PM
mustangman177

Originally Posted by electriceddie
holy cow....... I can't believe what i read....

The rc critic......... What an insensitive person. Condor i believe you did and excellent job. Just where in the rules of posting does it say that you need to post any pics or videos. Yes they are nice to see, but to criticize someone for not posting a video is down right dumb. I can't even imagine what would be going thru your mind to even come up with a post like that.

But then again lets look at this from a distance:

1. You name yourself "the rc critic" how self serving. Naming yourself "the rc critic" what exactly are your qualifications to be an rc critic.

2. You have 3 posts.

3. You just joined in jan. 2014.

4. You say you have 20 years building & 10 years operating experience, but your profile is empty, not even one pic of any airplanes you own. Yet you bash someone for not having a video.

5. You complain about a purchase from a company for a sailplane from a website which is unknown to the rc community. Who knows how reputable they are.

6. You purchase a sailplane but are complaining about the video about a warbird. There is nothing wrong with sailplanes but given the circumstance it just adds to the fact that your post is totally out of character.

Don't take this the wrong way but i am just trying to lay out what appears to be the facts so that maybe thru a different view you may realize what you sound like. This is from an impartial observer that's all. Normally i would never post about something like this but i could not believe how it seemed that you jumped on the colonel for not posting a video. Maybe he has other commitments like a job & family etc. I can see if you have been following this post from the beginning, you have felt slighted by not getting to see it fly, however that's just the way it goes. No reason to throw stones if you live in a glass house. Keep your nose up & wings level.

Thanks
ed
Old 09-27-2014, 07:38 PM
Bob Paris
My Feedback: (13)

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

x3
Old 10-16-2014, 11:33 AM
Dig it

If a guy wanted to paint the fuse instead of using flight metal, would you need to do anymore than scuff it up for primer and carry on as normal?

I really like this P-51 project, its the perfect size. Has me quite excited I must admit.

Dale
Old 10-19-2014, 01:53 PM
Electriceddie

Default I am thinking of re-doing the ESM P-51B Mustang, German Kill Markings:

Hi Guys,

I am thinking of re-doing the ESM P-51B Mustang, German KillMarkings:

In my opinion 4 little black boxes in the shape of a 4-wayquad, on a White circle background, on a Red square; just don’t cut it as scale,German Kill Markings. I am sure that Ican’t be the only guy who looks at these Kill Markings and thinks it lookshorrible. Especially since the rest of the airplane looks so good.

My question is where do you start, and what‘s the best procedureto go with to replace them?

I purchased from Tower Hobbies some “Major Decals – Water Transfer“German Kill Markings”.
1. I figure I need to either remove or cover up the4 little black boxes.
2. Should I remove the 4 little black boxes withsome sandpaper or other method or cover them up with some white paint?
3. Once the 4 little black boxes are removed orcovered up sufficiently, then install the new German Markings.
4. Paint with a Dead Flat Clear coat of some sortto protect them and most of all blend them into the existing paint scheme.
Sounds pretty straightforward and easy, but I think thetrick is to having the final outcome look Great is to do a good job removing orcovering up the 4 little black boxes. The trick to having the job come outlooking great is to always make sure the base job is done well. Adding thedecals and the Clear coat is the easy & fun part.
So again, I guess I am looking for some guidance and /orsuggestions with step one? Do I remove or cover up the 4 little black boxes andwhat is the best procedure to go with?
OK, Guys what do you got for me?

Thanks a Bunch
Ed
Old 11-08-2014, 12:04 PM
Electriceddie

Default Firewall Strength:

Hi Guys

Condor or anyone else with this expertise:

I am installing the DLE-35RE as well in the Bald Eagle. Has there been any reason to add any additional strength to the firewall with this DLE-35RE engine? Is the Firewall strong enough to handle the power of this motor without tearing it out?

Thanks

Ed