Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Shoestring by Seagull

Has anyone bought the new Shoestring racer available through HH ? It looks to be around the same size as the GP .60 Shoestring from a few years ago (8 maybe) I really like the new color scheme.
    Do it right the first time, or not at all!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Shoestring by Seagull

When Shoestring had that paint scheme the fin/rudder and stab/elevators were clipped with square tips. I liked it better when it was in Gulf blue and orange colors.
    Since it's all white from Seagull, maybe I could paint it? I sure like the size and Seagull stuff seems to be pretty good from what I heard from guys with them. Neat!
    Chris...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Chris, I didn't even see the difference in the tail feathers until you pointed it out. I still like the rounded version better vs the squared off tail, even though it's not scale to the paint scheme. I'll have to do a search for the blue/orange scheme. Any how I have this one ordered, it should be here in a few days, I'll post some pics and my opinion of it. Paul

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Paul,
    Here is a link to a dozen pictures of it hanging in the San Diego Aerospace Museum annex in the Circus Circus scheme.

http://www.airport-data.com/aircraft/photo/644607.html

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Chris, Thank you for the link to the pics. I wonder why Seagull chose to do the Circus Circus scheme but didn't square off the flying surfaces to keep the plane somewhat scale? My kit will be here Wednesday so I can post some pics and my thoughts about it then.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I wish they would have made it bigger. A gas size 20-30cc would have been nice. I am looking at the blue Seagull racer MX-S with maybe a 20cc engine instead. This Shoestring is nice, but a little small and a little plain looking for my personal taste.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I purchased one and have flown it about 4 times. Be very careful with the CG the instructions advise. I attached an OS 75 two-stroke and balanced it according to the instructions. It was tremendously nose heavy. I had to add two ounces of weight to the tail to make it just slightly nose heavy. When I lifted off the runway, it went straight up and I could not get enough "down trim" in it to fly it level. I had to land it being tail heavy and it broke the landing gear mounting area. I repaired it, took off the weight and flew it again. It was still tail heavy but I was able to get the maximum "down trim" in it to fly it level. The CG can't be right in the instructions.