ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Shoestring by Seagull

Old 08-29-2012, 12:26 PM
handyman 220

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Shoestring by Seagull

Has anyone bought the new Shoestring racer available through HH ? It looks to be around the same size as the GP .60 Shoestring from a few years ago (8 maybe) I really like the new color scheme.
Old 08-29-2012, 05:16 PM
stuntflyr

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Shoestring by Seagull

When Shoestring had that paint scheme the fin/rudder and stab/elevators were clipped with square tips. I liked it better when it was in Gulf blue and orange colors.
Since it's all white from Seagull, maybe I could paint it? I sure like the size and Seagull stuff seems to be pretty good from what I heard from guys with them. Neat!
Chris...
Old 08-30-2012, 04:20 PM
handyman 220

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Chris, I didn't even see the difference in the tail feathers until you pointed it out. I still like the rounded version better vs the squared off tail, even though it's not scale to the paint scheme. I'll have to do a search for the blue/orange scheme. Any how I have this one ordered, it should be here in a few days, I'll post some pics and my opinion of it. Paul
Old 09-03-2012, 03:32 PM
stuntflyr

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Paul,
Here is a link to a dozen pictures of it hanging in the San Diego Aerospace Museum annex in the Circus Circus scheme.

http://www.airport-data.com/aircraft/photo/644607.html
Old 09-03-2012, 03:55 PM
handyman 220

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Chris, Thank you for the link to the pics. I wonder why Seagull chose to do the Circus Circus scheme but didn't square off the flying surfaces to keep the plane somewhat scale? My kit will be here Wednesday so I can post some pics and my thoughts about it then.
Old 09-06-2012, 10:54 AM
gade600sdi

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I wish they would have made it bigger. A gas size 20-30cc would have been nice. I am looking at the blue Seagull racer MX-S with maybe a 20cc engine instead. This Shoestring is nice, but a little small and a little plain looking for my personal taste.
Old 12-07-2012, 06:51 PM
ddavis60

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I purchased one and have flown it about 4 times. Be very careful with the CG the instructions advise. I attached an OS 75 two-stroke and balanced it according to the instructions. It was tremendously nose heavy. I had to add two ounces of weight to the tail to make it just slightly nose heavy. When I lifted off the runway, it went straight up and I could not get enough "down trim" in it to fly it level. I had to land it being tail heavy and it broke the landing gear mounting area. I repaired it, took off the weight and flew it again. It was still tail heavy but I was able to get the maximum "down trim" in it to fly it level. The CG can't be right in the instructions.

Search this Thread