Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

3D Extra 300 Brands? Your suggestions? PRICE/Parts/quality? Night LED flyer Build!

Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

3D Extra 300 Brands? Your suggestions? PRICE/Parts/quality? Night LED flyer Build!

Old 09-04-2012, 09:35 AM
GizmoMadMax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3D Extra 300 Brands? Your suggestions? PRICE/Parts/quality? Night LED flyer Build!

Extra 300 3D manufactures/Models/suppliers????
who do you suggest price to parts/cost/quality/etc?

Ok, just sold another plane last eve, so i am in the Market for an Extra 300 3D frame for a new NIGHT LED flyer that i want to build.

I want to keep it in the 42" to 48" (maybe 55") range for easy transport to fly with our local night flyer group.

I want to go from the 3D LED night foamies my son and i have had and currently have now, and move to an electric night plane in the Extra 300 3D frame....

Sure i will make it heavier with my full outline of LEDs , but fall and winter is here and i want to be able to ring out a nice blazing 3D balsa model through dark winter months, so i have to add the weight to fly after dark .

#1 So what suppliers have decent models to price ratio??

#2 Then do they have parts in stock after the sale? for example, like in another thread i started, the company no longer makes wheel pants... If we loose or crack landing gear, or wheel pants or canopy or even a wing or fuse due to night time trees and bushes we can't see, lol, sometimes i need to order some parts for those pesky night time mishaps .

We have been flying at night for several years now, heck even at JoeNall the past few years, night time flying is awesome, and swapping out a small mishap is nice, because all that wiring and setup for a night plane is time consuming, so getting parts after the sale for a few years is great!!!

Also, i do NOT want a top of the line, MOST expensive plane on the market, especially being a weighed down night flyer and mishaps, but an excellent Extra 300 3D balsa frame is a great place to start in a decent price range. Heck, i would grab a NitroModels if they had one, bit i don't see one there....?

Now in a perfect world, i would grab a decent balsa model at a lower price that has replacement parts in stock, that way we could build 2 models, one for dad and one for son

Thank you in advance for the Tips and pointers and helps!!!
Cheers
Old 09-05-2012, 06:01 PM
GizmoMadMax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 3D Extra 300 Brands? Your suggestions? PRICE/Parts/quality? Night LED flyer Build!

Wow, the Extreme flight Extra 300 EXP's are awesome, check out their video's, expecially on the boat, wow, i'm sold!!!
Who is the pilot on the boat?? I assume a sponsored pilot?

Dan Holman is the man also!!