Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

50CC REVOLVER!!

Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

50CC REVOLVER!!

Old 10-16-2012, 08:20 AM
microdon2
My Feedback: (47)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 50CC REVOLVER!!

wjc - how does the landing gear area look? Reinforced enough? That Great Planes kept the split gear is a bit disappointing, but not a shocker. When I DO get the plane I'll probably give it the main-landing-gear upgrade treatment right up-front, rather than waiting for the gear to rip off and damage the plane (as many of us have experienced with both other Revolver models).
Old 10-16-2012, 08:33 AM
jet22b

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: microdon2

wjc - how does the landing gear area look? Reinforced enough? That Great Planes kept the split gear is a bit disappointing, but not a shocker. When I DO get the plane I'll probably give it the main-landing-gear upgrade treatment right up-front, rather than waiting for the gear to rip off and damage the plane (as many of us have experienced with both other Revolver models).
1++ for me too!!

Sonny
aka
jet22b
Old 10-16-2012, 08:38 AM
Spridal
My Feedback: (17)

ORIGINAL: wjcalhoun

Spridal
I am planning to use 7954SH - same specs as the 7955 but steel vs titanium gears. I have good experience with them in my 30% Extra. LiFe power (3200x2) for receiver, NiMH for ignition. Optical kill. Futaba 617. Miracle switches. Parts are here; i just have to make time from my day job for the labor. Luchnia - life is all about options, right
I stand corrected. I have 7954s and 7980s not 7955
Old 10-16-2012, 08:41 AM
lopflyers
My Feedback: (12)

wjc, I'm so envious. I'm itching to buy one but I either need a longer truck or a trailer
Old 10-16-2012, 10:51 AM
jet22b

ORIGINAL: lopflyers

wjc, I'm so envious. I'm itching to buy one but I either need a longer truck or a trailer
lopflyers;
I am glad you post this. I just check to see if it would fit in the back of my Ford Escape. I am glad the tail can come apart, if it did not it would not fit!! Now to get the R90 and see if that is true!!!
Sonny
aka
jet22b
Old 10-16-2012, 10:53 AM
wjcalhoun

Guys:
I'll try to get some closeup photos of the main LG plate and post them.
Does not look as beefy as my AW airframes, but i'm not sure that it is a inherently weak as the R70 and R59.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:18 PM
Spridal

Mine arrived today! Everything looks good except a small crack on the cowl which I promptly covered with a decal. Tower has promised to send a new one once they have them in stock. As for the landing gear, I don't think it will be a problem. Although it is a two piece design the gear and mounting areas of the fuse is very beefy. I'm very impressed with the fit and finish and the covering is very good with very little wrinkles. I know this is not a 3D plane but I can almost guarantee the aerobatics will be quick as the control surfaces are fairly large.

Old 10-16-2012, 01:27 PM
lopflyers

Ok you guys, who is going to be the first to fly her? I wanna video
Old 10-16-2012, 01:32 PM
microdon2

I just realized that I have an engine that I could use for this plane - an MT 57. Supposed to be a very strong engine. This only makes it tougher to say "no" to myself!!

Maybe if I see some old engines...
Old 10-16-2012, 01:34 PM
airraptor
My Feedback: (66)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

is the engine side mounted? if so a DLE 111 would go in mine........ microdon knows this to be true lol as i put a OS 120AX in the 46 size one.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:44 PM
microdon2

Airraptor -

I'll vouch for you - you're a speed lunatic! (and I mean that in a GOOD way). You probably have the world's record for combustion-powered speed in the Rev 59 (have you ever been clocked?) btw - I may have the perfect engine for your future Rev 90. It's a Precision Egle 4.2 (70cc). I picked it up here on RCU early this summer and have yet to start it (I have a gallon of 5% ready for the test, though). It's setup for nitro, has two plugs, is supposed to be a VERY power engine - equivalent to a 100cc gasser. It would certainly fit inside the Rev 90 cowl. Pictures attached (it's next to my MT 57, for scale). (I've been thinking of converting it to gas, but now sure how to). PM me if you're interested.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu60146.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	121.3 KB
ID:	1811895   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ws56894.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	127.0 KB
ID:	1811896   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ua70610.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	1811897  
Old 10-16-2012, 02:05 PM
lopflyers

Oh wow, that red engine is beautiful. If it is powerful too is a killer[X(]
Old 10-16-2012, 02:06 PM
Spridal

ORIGINAL: airraptor

is the engine side mounted? if so a DLE 111 would go in mine........ microdon knows this to be true lol as i put a OS 120AX in the 46 size one.

I don't thing the cowl is large enough to stuff a DLE 111 in it.
Old 10-16-2012, 02:08 PM
microdon2

... unless you cut holes in the sides ....
Old 10-16-2012, 02:18 PM
Spridal

... unless you cut holes in the sides ....
That's true!
Old 10-16-2012, 02:27 PM
wjcalhoun

I thought about a DLE111 for the R90; the width of the cowl is about 1" less than the head to head distance of the DLE111, and that does not consider the space required for plug wires. My thought for a bigger engine is the Mintor 75 twin, or the ZDZ90.

To stuff a DLE111 in the R90 would be to butcher the cowl.

Old 10-16-2012, 02:35 PM
microdon2

On the other hand, it could look like a REAL hot-rod! (and would sure FLY like one...)
Old 10-16-2012, 02:50 PM
warbird addict

ORIGINAL: kochj

The only argument I have is because of the misleading way they offered me free shipping if I renewed my membership, and then turn around and try to charge me for it anyway by calling it a handling charge, SO for $85 what are they realisticly doing ? printing a shipping label? NOW if that makes me a mole I'll take it ,as far as my intelligence goes I'd say button your lip as you know absolutely nothing about me or what I do for a living or what my level of education is, PERIOD!!! All I can say is if YOU are happy continually getting your arse handed to you on a silver platter by paying for something you were offered for free the checkout button is in the bottom right corner of the shopping cart page, oh and by the way a box that size shipped through a UPS commercial account is only about $35 to ship and how do I know this you ask ? WELL !! let me tell you , not too long ago I shipped a 100" composite mustang "one piece wing" to Texas from Maine via a ups commercial account in 2 very large boxes and the cost was only $58, I think it's reasonable and fair to assume TH has a commercial ups account.
Hey if you still want to believe in the tooth fairy and santa claus knock yourself out , but an $85 oversized handling charge ? Dude sorry but thats a gimme no matter how you slice it ,had they just come right out and said we're gonna charge you $85 for shipping and been up front about I wouldn't have had an issue with it.
I don't know about you but I don't like it when somebody tries to blow smoke up my arse, I was ready to order the plane until I saw that nonsense, think about it your LHS can sell the same plane to you for the same price TH has it listed for ? SO my LHS is eating $85 in shipping ? NO they're not, the fact is online retailers shipping claims are completely inflated in order to poke you for an extra $50 or $60. Given My loooooong and $$$$$ history with TH quite frankly I expected alot more accountability from them
It's been my experience in life that usually the ones who accuse somebody else of something do it to take suspicion off themselves for the same things they so loudly accuse others of, just sayin Dude what other reason would you have to attack my credibility, and if it's a fight you want it's a fight you'll find, Unlike some I'm not a sheeple thats easily lead to slaughter, if I think something is Bullsh)t thats EXACTLY how I'm going to call it and not you or anyone else is going to beat me down or badger me into caving into popular "OPINION"!! When I KNOW better from first hand personal EXPERIENCE so save your personal attacks for somebody that doesn't know any better.

warbird addict - not to be argumentative, but the 50cc Revolver page does not say ''Free Shipping'' (as the Rev 70 page does, ''Because you're a member - Free Shipping''), but says this:

Shipping Note: Oversized Product, additional shipping charge applies

That does not strike me as ''bait and switch''. Besides, a shipping charge on a box that size does seem reasonable to me.
He looks at all the possible issues a company has, and goes after it....
Most anyone that has half his intelligence, could simply ask for there 10$ back from a membership
If they feel it doesn’t meet there expectations.. He would also figure the OVERSIZE shipping charge
Applies to large planes fairly quickly…
He doesn’t have a argument to get his planes shipped free… only that he could have his 10$ back!>…

Someone that puts that much energy into doing so, is a time when companies can use discretion, and tell him that it is better to take his business elsewhere....
I hope that they do....

He is a mole and I have to place a block on his posts.... it has nothing to do with this forum topic.

Old 10-16-2012, 03:01 PM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

On the other hand, it could look like a REAL hot-rod! (and would sure FLY like one...)
Microdon2, don't you think airraptor could put a decent size radial on her with say maybe 50 horse power, or for all that matter a turbine with say a 10 inch stack size? MUUUHAHAHHAHAHHAA ultimate power!
Old 10-16-2012, 03:29 PM
warbird addict

ORIGINAL: kochj

Ya know what Dude I was wrong and you were right so in the spirit of things I'm gonna offer you the deal of the century I've got a 38% yak with DA 170 all new HV JR digitals powerbox royal A123's and I'm gonna let you have it for $500 with free shipping plane flies like it on rails only 2 flights upgraded the landing gear and wing tubes to carbon, mezlik 3 blade prop, petes carbon spinner, includes a brand new JR 12X in dsmx freq but theres a $3800 handling fee ROTFLMFAO

warbird addict - not to be argumentative, but the 50cc Revolver page does not say ''Free Shipping'' (as the Rev 70 page does, ''Because you're a member - Free Shipping''), but says this:

Shipping Note: Oversized Product, additional shipping charge applies

That does not strike me as ''bait and switch''. Besides, a shipping charge on a box that size does seem reasonable to me.
He looks at all the possible issues a company has, and goes after it....
Most anyone that has half his intelligence, could simply ask for there 10$ back from a membership
If they feel it doesn’t meet there expectations.. He would also figure the OVERSIZE shipping charge
Applies to large planes fairly quickly…
He doesn’t have a argument to get his planes shipped free… only that he could have his 10$ back!>…

Someone that puts that much energy into doing so, is a time when companies can use discretion, and tell him that it is better to take his business elsewhere....
I hope that they do....

He is a mole and I have to place a block on his posts.... it has nothing to do with this forum topic.

Old 10-16-2012, 03:34 PM
airraptor
My Feedback: (66)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

micro that PA engine sure was very powerfull in the day. It was the TOC engine of choice for a long time. it did suck down some glow fuel though. to convert it to gas should be that hard. Just remove one of the glow plugs and brass insert. use that for your plug. remove the other brass plug and install a new un drilled plug. add a ignition unit from a dle and add a magnet to the crank. For the carb just replace it with a gas one. now the hard part might be the compression of the engine might be to high for gas but doubt it. Buy a gallon of 93-95 fron sunoco if you have them around you and try to see how it does.

I would only be interested in the engine to have but not run it. you could sell it though and use the money to convert your MT57 to glow and be as strong as the PA but with ignition. you would have to play with the timing though.
Old 10-16-2012, 03:47 PM
microdon2

Airraptor - thanks for the tips - I"m probably going to convert the Precision Eagle to a gasser (though will try to run it at least once as Nitro, just to see how it runs and it's power). Am not interested in converting any gas engines to nitro, though! I'm thinking the MT 57 will be perfect for the Rev 90.
Old 10-17-2012, 01:16 AM
Hill202
My Feedback: (24)

ORIGINAL: Spridal

ORIGINAL: airraptor

I don't thing the cowl is large enough to stuff a DLE 111 in it.
The DLE 60 twin is not going to fit without cutting the cowl either.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:33 AM
kochj

DLE 60 twin..
You could do a cut out for the cyl.s
Save the fiberglass piece and put in metal mesh around the heads, and epoxy the cowlcut out piece to the screen mesh (metal screen material or chicken fence...

I have done that before and it turned out very well....

What I have heard, the DLE60 will not fit in even a 80cc size extra cowl w/o the wires sticking out....
It is a wide engine...

Old 10-17-2012, 07:19 AM
wjcalhoun

DLE60 twin puts out no more power than the 55 or 55RA; might idle more smoothly, but there is no power advantage. With the cowl issues, I'm favoring a single cylinder solution.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.