Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Some tips on my ARF

Hello all,
    This is my first ARF build and don't want to make any stupid mistakes. I'm working on a .46 Phoenix 300 extra. This should be a simple question and I think I have the right approach but want to be sure. I cut out the hole for the wind support tube that goes through the fuselage and when I slid the wing on I obviously saw that the wing didn't sit flush with the fuse. I'm assuming I'm going to cut out the monocote and slide it in further, am I correct? also If this is the case do I cut the monokote exactly to the fuse or do you leave a bit excess and iron the extra monokote inside the fuse? The manual doesn't give any info on this, It says (install wings).
    Thanks again,
    Pat

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Some tips on my ARF

I tried once to cut it with a quarter inch to tuck inside but found it too tight when doing so. Now I cut the covering flush with the recess and sometimes find a need to enlarge the recess slightly in places.

Take a hard look at two other areas of most arfs... the firewall support and gear support. They sometimes/often need additional support.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thank you for the tips.
    Pat

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Leave excess. You can always cut more off, but it doesn't work as well the other way.
    Joe Marri
    Enjoying all things aviation.