Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Some tips on my ARF

Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Some tips on my ARF

Old 10-06-2012, 01:37 PM
PDF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some tips on my ARF

Hello all,
This is my first ARF build and don't want to make any stupid mistakes. I'm working on a .46 Phoenix 300 extra. This should be a simple question and I think I have the right approach but want to be sure. I cut out the hole for the wind support tube that goes through the fuselage and when I slid the wing on I obviously saw that the wing didn't sit flush with the fuse. I'm assuming I'm going to cut out the monocote and slide it in further, am I correct? also If this is the case do I cut the monokote exactly to the fuse or do you leave a bit excess and iron the extra monokote inside the fuse? The manual doesn't give any info on this, It says (install wings).
Thanks again,
Pat
Old 10-07-2012, 08:28 AM
AA5BY

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Some tips on my ARF

I tried once to cut it with a quarter inch to tuck inside but found it too tight when doing so. Now I cut the covering flush with the recess and sometimes find a need to enlarge the recess slightly in places.

Take a hard look at two other areas of most arfs... the firewall support and gear support. They sometimes/often need additional support.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:37 PM
PDF

Thank you for the tips.
Pat
Old 10-07-2012, 04:50 PM
Jetdesign
My Feedback: (8)

Leave excess. You can always cut more off, but it doesn't work as well the other way.