Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Great Planes Super Chipmunk EP arf

Has anyone tried this lil beauty yet? I picked one up on an impluse at the LHS, it's a thing of beauty and can't wait to fly it. Waiting on some batteries and charger since it's my first electric plane. Inormally fly nitro and gas airplanes and helis.

So I am curious to what people think of it, let me know.

If now, stay tuned, perhaps I will do a thread on the assembly and maiden.
    Ultra Sport Brotherhood #93

Carl Goldberg Ultimate Brotherhood # 68

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Great Planes Super Chipmunk EP arf

If it flies anything like the larger ones, it will be a fun plane.  Going from glow to eflite though, you may be wanting when it whizzes by and not make any noise.   I have an Apprentice like that, you cant hear it at all unless you fly it right over your head, then it just makes a slight hum.    The T-34 I have does sound pretty cool on electric, if it were a C model then it would fit perfect, but me wanting it to sound more like it should, put a glow engine on it, and well, going to convert it back to electric now, it was disappointing on glow, flew about the same, but SOunded really cool!  

Enjoy.
    SIG Brotherhood # 3
    Mustang Brotherhood # 6
    Corsair Brotherhood # 86
    Kadet Brotherhood # 24
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/B-17e-...18159428244374

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: acdii

If it flies anything like the larger ones, it will be a fun plane. Going from glow to eflite though, you may be wanting when it whizzes by and not make any noise. I have an Apprentice like that, you cant hear it at all unless you fly it right over your head, then it just makes a slight hum. The T-34 I have does sound pretty cool on electric, if it were a C model then it would fit perfect, but me wanting it to sound more like it should, put a glow engine on it, and well, going to convert it back to electric now, it was disappointing on glow, flew about the same, but SOunded really cool!
    Enjoy.
    I am hoping it flies half as good as the original Carl Goldberg model. As for sound, its not too much of a deal for me, Ihave flying buddies that fly electric planes and heli's so I am used to the lack of sound. What I grabbed it for is when we are out flying heli's, I can toss this lil beauty in the truck and fly it in close quarters. Looks like I will have to do a build/assembly thread for this plane. Stay tuned.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Mines going together right now with cheap components. I'll start out with the 8x6 prop and 3s with 950 kv. This is the closest I've gotten to "building" yet.
    and airplanes were in

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I accually did a small write up about it on the electric forum. She flies just amazing. You will enjoy it

www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_11258797/tm.htm