ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Great Planes Super Chipmunk EP arf

Old 10-11-2012, 08:50 AM
OntAeronut

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Great Planes Super Chipmunk EP arf

Has anyone tried this lil beauty yet? I picked one up on an impluse at the LHS, it's a thing of beauty and can't wait to fly it. Waiting on some batteries and charger since it's my first electric plane. Inormally fly nitro and gas airplanes and helis.

So I am curious to what people think of it, let me know.

If now, stay tuned, perhaps I will do a thread on the assembly and maiden.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:02 AM
acdii

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Great Planes Super Chipmunk EP arf

If it flies anything like the larger ones, it will be a fun plane.  Going from glow to eflite though, you may be wanting when it whizzes by and not make any noise.   I have an Apprentice like that, you cant hear it at all unless you fly it right over your head, then it just makes a slight hum.    The T-34 I have does sound pretty cool on electric, if it were a C model then it would fit perfect, but me wanting it to sound more like it should, put a glow engine on it, and well, going to convert it back to electric now, it was disappointing on glow, flew about the same, but SOunded really cool!  

Enjoy.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:43 AM
OntAeronut

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: acdii

If it flies anything like the larger ones, it will be a fun plane. Going from glow to eflite though, you may be wanting when it whizzes by and not make any noise. I have an Apprentice like that, you cant hear it at all unless you fly it right over your head, then it just makes a slight hum. The T-34 I have does sound pretty cool on electric, if it were a C model then it would fit perfect, but me wanting it to sound more like it should, put a glow engine on it, and well, going to convert it back to electric now, it was disappointing on glow, flew about the same, but SOunded really cool!
Enjoy.
I am hoping it flies half as good as the original Carl Goldberg model. As for sound, its not too much of a deal for me, Ihave flying buddies that fly electric planes and heli's so I am used to the lack of sound. What I grabbed it for is when we are out flying heli's, I can toss this lil beauty in the truck and fly it in close quarters. Looks like I will have to do a build/assembly thread for this plane. Stay tuned.

Old 12-29-2012, 06:44 PM
guver

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Mines going together right now with cheap components. I'll start out with the 8x6 prop and 3s with 950 kv. This is the closest I've gotten to "building" yet.
Old 12-29-2012, 07:06 PM
OntAeronut

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I accually did a small write up about it on the electric forum. She flies just amazing. You will enjoy it

www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_11258797/tm.htm

Search this Thread