Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

LANIER'S FIRST AIRCRAFT PERFECT CONDITION

Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

LANIER'S FIRST AIRCRAFT PERFECT CONDITION

Old 10-12-2012, 06:12 PM
Steve Westphal

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LANIER'S FIRST AIRCRAFT PERFECT CONDITION

Back in the 1960's my father won a new Lanier aircraft. I think it is their first model thus the first ARF. I still have the plane and it has never been fussed with. It has the cowl and L/G. I would like to know about what it might be worth. It is a low wing "Kwik Fli" style plane. I would like to sell it, possibly on Flea Bay and would like to know it's relative worth. My brother and I fly mostly small stuff and an .09 is a huge engine to us these days!!!!!! I guess we have a few big ones left but prefer the tiny stuff as the winters here in Nebraska force us inside so small elec. is the trend!! I think it is made for a .60 size engine. Thanks.
Old 10-13-2012, 11:37 AM
Tailspin

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: LANIER'S FIRST AIRCRAFT PERFECT CONDITION

Hi Steve,
I had a Lanier ARF back in the 70's. It was a Comet if I remember right. It was built from plastic covered foam I think. I was just learning to fly back then so it wasn't around for long.
If it were mine and I wanted to sell it I would put it on eBay with a $0.01 starting bid and in a week you will find out what it was worth.

Steve