Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

GENERAL HOBBY - Beware

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

GENERAL HOBBY - Beware

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 03:39 PM
washfire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GENERAL HOBBY - Beware

BEWARE of GENERAL HOBBY Walnet Ca. *** Do NOT do business with them... Rip Off !!!
I purchased a Zlin 70" from them in September.. Started the assembly and found out I was missing the tail wheel assy and the guide tubes were not installed in the plane.... Called General hobby and 'Richard" the GM, said all items are brought in in contaiers and it would be hard to get those parts... If I could purchase them he would send a check to cover the cost... WOW was I gullable..... Next day found the wheel studs were two different sizes.... called again... Said that the check was "already" in the mail but he wuld get the parts out to me.... I'm thinking "this seems to be a great vender".... A few days later still no check and found that the wing mounting holes do not line up????? Lookin at cutting a hole in the wing to move the blind nuts... CAlled again..(by this time it was the 5th call and I now have his personel cell phone number) Informed him about the wings and he says he understands and he will have them shipped to me... Three weeks and still nothing... So I contact the bank and dispute the purchase... No problem... credit tha amount back... Great... 2 different times I called to re-check on lthe credit... Still no problem...go ahead and get rid of the plane they say... GUESS WHAT Today the denied the claim because I did not send the plane back WHAT???? They still owe me $$$$ and they want me to pay to send this pice of junk back before they will credit me my $$$, not to mention the xtra for the parts I had to buy???
PLEASE... Do NOT BUY from them.....[:@]
It's too bad too,,, The plane looks like it would have been a fairly good plane, but having to deal with the vender... Not worth it... Even the local hobby store warned me about them (too bad it was AFTER I had bought this)
Old 12-03-2012, 03:44 PM
J330
My Feedback: (3)

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts
Default RE: GENERAL HOBBY - Beware

Try these guys next time, http://spacecoasthobbyindustries.yolasite.com/ sometimes a middleman can take a lot of headaches out of your day. I used them before. You just got to be specific, like that Zlin...who is the manufacture?
Old 01-16-2013, 06:00 PM
BearMetal
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GENERAL HOBBY - Beware

DONT BUY FROM THESE PEOPLE......Bought plane two years ago with no hardware, still trying to get.....Been in contact at least 10 times .... Always sending it, but never get...Even sent me confermation number on parts sent and turned out to be BS.....Do yourself a favor and dont deal with these people.......