Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Seagull .90 - 1.20 YAK 54 Modifications for DLE 20

I have been looking for an easy installation of my DLE 20 and the Seagull YAK 54 has been suggested by a friend at the flying field. I noted in a post somewhere that modifications are necessary to install a DLE 20 on the YAK 54 by Seagull in .90 - 1.20 size.

Has anyone done this installation? Does anyone know just what mods were necessary to the aircraft to mate the DLE 20 to the airframe?

I would be grateful for any experiences, suggestions, insights,or plain old advice on what Iwould need to do to the YAK to put a DLE 20 on it. Thanks very much. Mike

Mike
    Douglasville, GA

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Seagull .90 - 1.20 YAK 54 Modifications for DLE 20

The ARF comes with engine mount holes and blind nuts installed for an angle mount for Glow engine. Just remove the blind nuts, plug the holes and redrill holes for your engine mount to suit your engine. Hardly an aircraft modification, more like "mounting your engine". The DLE 20 is an excellent match for this plane. You will like it. I liked a 17X6 prop best on mine. Enjoy.
    Sometimes, things are exactly as they appear to be.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Seagull .90 - 1.20 YAK 54 Modifications for DLE 20

Thanks for the reply. I look forward to getting this one going. Thanks again. Mike.
    Mike
    Douglasville, GA