Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Seagull .90 - 1.20 YAK 54 Modifications for DLE 20

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Seagull .90 - 1.20 YAK 54 Modifications for DLE 20

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 11:53 AM
jmcowart

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seagull .90 - 1.20 YAK 54 Modifications for DLE 20

I have been looking for an easy installation of my DLE 20 and the Seagull YAK 54 has been suggested by a friend at the flying field. I noted in a post somewhere that modifications are necessary to install a DLE 20 on the YAK 54 by Seagull in .90 - 1.20 size.

Has anyone done this installation? Does anyone know just what mods were necessary to the aircraft to mate the DLE 20 to the airframe?

I would be grateful for any experiences, suggestions, insights,or plain old advice on what Iwould need to do to the YAK to put a DLE 20 on it. Thanks very much. Mike

Old 01-28-2013, 07:23 AM
RCVFR
My Feedback: (7)

Default RE: Seagull .90 - 1.20 YAK 54 Modifications for DLE 20

The ARF comes with engine mount holes and blind nuts installed for an angle mount for Glow engine. Just remove the blind nuts, plug the holes and redrill holes for your engine mount to suit your engine. Hardly an aircraft modification, more like "mounting your engine". The DLE 20 is an excellent match for this plane. You will like it. I liked a 17X6 prop best on mine. Enjoy.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:23 AM
jmcowart

Default RE: Seagull .90 - 1.20 YAK 54 Modifications for DLE 20

Thanks for the reply. I look forward to getting this one going. Thanks again. Mike.