Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

WARNING AVOID NITRO PLANES!

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

WARNING AVOID NITRO PLANES!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 10:41 AM
mikegordon10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WARNING AVOID NITRO PLANES!

Ok, I can't stand it any longer. Guess I'd just repair it.
Oh, or is it that seeing as how your looking for a RTF replacement your just not up to it? Maybe now would be a good time to learn!
Old 01-29-2013, 10:48 AM
fly24-7

Everyone has their own expectations for the companies they buy goods from. Some feel that Nitro Planes doesn't measure up, some are fine with them. R PILOT, consider it a lesson learned and move on. If you're concerned with after-sales service aspects, stick with the major manufacturers that have a operating presence in the US.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:57 AM
redbiscuits
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: HUNTERANDJEFF
There is a need to bash them for not selling and supporting their planes. The link you put up is bogus. Almost all of the ''spare parts lists'' are always out of stock. the only reason they put them up is so you will ''think'' they sell spare parts for these planes and buy them.
!
So just buy two of everything, heck, they are so cheap you can afford your own "replacement parts"

Bottom line is this, OP hit a tree and now he thinks Nitro Planes sucks because they don't have a replacement wing. That's hogwash. If a company deserves it, I will join in on the band wagon of bashing them. But in this case, it's not deserved.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:11 AM
t-max97
My Feedback: (9)

Ha its not their fault you didn't check to see if they had parts or not.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:14 AM
vertical grimmace
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I did not know Nitro planes had anything in stock. Every time I look at their website, they are out of stock on everything!Except maybe little toy foamies.

I have never ordered from them, and never will. The few times I have ordered from Hobby king, I had to hold my nose and was nervous doing it. Probably never again for them either.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:17 AM
[email protected]

i dont buy from hobby king or nitro outfits only from my dealer i have been taken to much from all the jap things
Old 01-29-2013, 11:19 AM
Sgt Shay
My Feedback: (4)

Ok ok, this is my outlook.

Any plane I buy I don't usually need or expect to buy spare parts. When I crash I either fix it or well the crash was so massive that nothing is salvaged.

So try this out rookie....don't expect to need spare parts and you will never be disappointed.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:41 AM
PONYBOY082662

Sgt. Shay....I guess you have never crashed a plane!
Old 01-29-2013, 11:44 AM
[email protected]

i have crashed a lot of planes over 50 yrs >> but i try to repair > or throw it a way or get another one like it and keep the crashedone for parts
Old 01-29-2013, 12:44 PM
Flexnbeef
My Feedback: (9)

I've ordered quite a few planes from nitro planes in the past , never had an issue, Good cheap planes to crash while your learning, LOL
Old 01-29-2013, 12:49 PM
soready04
My Feedback: (19)

First want to say welcome to RCU!! I know you have been getting great information from everyone up here. But I want you to take a look at this plane.  This was my first and I love it. 
http://towerhobbies.com/products/flyzone/flza3012.html

Old 01-29-2013, 01:14 PM
vertical grimmace

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Spare parts are a new phenomenon. Came along with the Arfs. Before that, just like if you wanted to fly, you had to build it. If you crashed, you had to fix it!

Now with the ARfs, we need spare parts. Hmmm..... the tangled web we weave.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:16 PM
viagerald
My Feedback: (3)

Nitroplanes Buy and sell planes but have no parts available for them.If they were an honest company they would warn the public about this problem.They are in business to make profits and dont care after the sale but about the profits.My suggestion is support your local hobby shops and at least there you can talk and ask questions about a product before you buy it.All these on line stores are about profits and not questions,and by the way i got stuck from nitroplanes as well ,so i dont care what anybody says they dont care about customers,just profits.I myself will not give them a penny of my money.It makes more sense to pay more for a plane that you can get parts for than to buy one that isnt glued together and cant get parts when it comes apart.And when it does that affects everybody ,if someone gets hurt and they have AMA.I have seen fields get shut down because of these situations so avoid at all cost and protect this hobby for everybody.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:03 PM
[email protected]

WHAT CAN I SAY TRY GOING TO A FIELD YOU WANT TO FLY AT SEE WHAT THE GUYS SAY THERE THEN GO TO THE HOBBY SHOP NEAR YOU
Old 01-29-2013, 03:03 PM
thepamster

Ah yes. It's an Arf world. And we all live in it. Bummer.
I did not know that Nitro Planes was in the tree planting business. Lol.
Those crazy trees reaches up and grabs another one.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:26 PM
drac1

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You can't really bad mouth a company just because you crashed and can't get the spare parts.
You get what you pay for. That includes the availability of replacement parts. The purchase price of these cheap models is only cheap because the company don't have the extra cost of setting up to supply spare parts.
Even when you buy a more expensive model that does supply spare parts, sometimes the cost is too expensive anyway. Depends on what parts need replacing.
It doesn't matter what company you buy from, someone would have had a bad experience with them.
You fly, you crash, you repair or buy another one and go again. That's the way it works.

Welcome to the world of RC.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:27 PM
Sgt Shay

ORIGINAL: PONYBOY082662

Sgt. Shay....I guess you have never crashed a plane!
Oh I have crashed a few.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:28 PM
Jetdktr
My Feedback: (21)

Just order another one and when the earth comes up quickly and destroys the fuselage with a lawn dart manuver(sp) , you will already have one. I have ordered from Nitro Planes and Hobby King and have not had any issues. Sometimes shipping takes a little while but I can wait.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:35 PM
Sgt Shay

That's the problem with the new generation, you screw up and you want others to blame and talk sh!% about a company or person, rather than just owning that you screwed up.

Stop blaming others for you pi$$ poor decisions and flying skills...or lack of.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:43 PM
aerialsports
My Feedback: (130)

If your looking for a inexspensive motorized glider and dont mind a foamie you should take a look at the radion pro.. Horizon hobby sells these and they are a great flying glider as I have one. They come with a two piece wing and are easy to transport and also have flaps installed for better thermaling..   and parts are usually in stock and very cheap to buy..  Hope this helps..

Old 01-29-2013, 04:12 PM
joebahl
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you were handy at all you could build another wing out of foam .I scratch build all of my planes or build them from kits so when i see these kind of threads either no suport from china or the plane fell apart and china (NO FIXY PLANE ) i thinks a little funny . If you would have gathered all the broken pieces you more than likely could have put it back together . Horizon hobby i deal with on my radios and i cant complain about their service at all. They have replaced recievers that i told them i crashed and still sent me a new one(free), so i would not hesitate to buy a plane from them. joe
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu61860.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	1845748   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cy77494.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	1845749   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv64051.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	1845750  
Old 01-29-2013, 04:37 PM
hairy46

ORIGINAL: Mustangman40

[img][/img] I'm so making a bag of pop corn for this one..... I haven't bought from them before but have several friends that have and they had no problems.. I cant really see how you crashing your plane makes them a bad company and I mean no offence by that at all.. I do agree, they should say something about the fact that you cant buy replacement parts, but I don't know that I would bad mouth them for it.. They don't make the planes, just ship them out... Welcome to RCU...

Jimbo
not sure why you think its ok. Should be able buy replacement parts. That would upset me! As far as a new glider Tower..............
Old 01-29-2013, 04:41 PM
Airplanes400
My Feedback: (349)

[img][/img] I'm so making a bag of pop corn for this one..... I haven't bought from them before but have several friends that have and they had no problems.. I cant really see how you crashing your plane makes them a bad company and I mean no offence by that at all.. I do agree, they should say something about the fact that you cant buy replacement parts, but I don't know that I would bad mouth them for it.. They don't make the planes, just ship them out... Welcome to RCU...

Jimbo
Pass that bag of popcorn here while I make another.

It is actually understandable that these Chinese companies don't make or sell spare parts because the planes are so inexpensive.

Wreck a wing? Buy an new plane and save what's left from the first one as spare parts for the second!

One reason the plane is so inexpensive, is because the production of the plane is designed around producing whole kits/planes. That lowers production costs. Thus, lowering the customers cost to purchase the plane.

It's too expensive to run production for parts. Add to that packaging for the spare parts.

So, in the long run, it makes more sense to operate in a manner of whole kits, while it benefits the customer in more ways than one. Otherwise, you will be paying more than half the cost of the plane just for the wing ... And that doesn't make sense to me.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:44 PM
joebahl
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: hairy46

Jimbo
not sure why you think its ok. Should be able buy replacement parts. That would upset me! As far as a new glider Tower..............
I have seen this in another thread ,if they stocked parts for all the arfs they sell or sold they would be out of buisness very soon. If you buy a ARF you might as well know that sooner or later they will stop making parts for it . Suck it up men ! joe
Old 01-29-2013, 04:53 PM
GaryHarris

ORIGINAL: joebahl

If you were handy at all you could build another wing out of foam .I scratch build all of my planes or build them from kits so when i see these kind of threads either no suport from china or the plane fell apart and china (NO FIXY PLANE ) i thinks a little funny . If you would have gathered all the broken pieces you more than likely could have put it back together . Horizon hobby i deal with on my radios and i cant complain about their service at all. They have replaced recievers that i told them i crashed and still sent me a new one(free), so i would not hesitate to buy a plane from them. joe
What's up Joe? I talk to you down in the Watts Flyers section and thanks for the link to the plans. I owe ya one bud. Since this is a train wreck anyway, here is a song in order to help going through lifes troubles through music, and chicks. It helps me from going ballistic.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xH-_9cwdLug[/youtube]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.