Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: WARNING AVOID NITRO PLANES!

ORIGINAL: rednekk58 Learn how to build n repair. You'll always crash. I bring a garbage bag with me flying. When I crash I put it all in the bag, n spread it out at home to see if I can fix it. AFTER th emotions are subsided. If the foam is not smashed into lil pieces it's easy to repair. Maybe this place can help with a new wing. https://www.flyingfoam.com/ Good luck!
    There's a lot of merit in what you say and with your methodology. It is amazing in crash rebuilding how that with the smaller fragments, one can piece together wing ribs, bulkheads, longerons, etc. and salvage a lot of work up front. From the other pieces unsuitable for reusing, after piecing together, one can use them as patterns for cutting out new parts or reinforce them through a variety of methods. So it is worthwhile to pick up all crash damage parts as much as possible. More often than not a wreck can be rebuilt successfully, and with less trouble than building a whole new kit.

The old scratch build masters such as Walt Musciano and the late Keith Laumer used to have chapters in their books on techniques they used to rebuild wrecks.
    George Hostler
    Clovis MADS AMA Club, Vintage R/C Society (VRCS)
    And we know love by this, that He laid down His life for us, and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren. 1 John 3:16

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have also ordered from Nitroplanes along with many others at my field and there have been no problems other than the restocking issue. Sometimes you wait years for a product to come back in stock which really sucks but other than that they are a pretty good company. They have a few websites they own like XHeli and NitroRCX. I ordered a car from NitroRCX once and it stopped working (Receiver was acting funny) so I sent it in and asked if I could get the Glider in return, not the money and they agreed. Now that's some good service..

If you are a beginner, I would not recommend buying from Nitroplanes if parts are a necessity but if you are experienced and know how to fly, you will have no problems with nitroplanes. Beginners should stick with Horizon Hobby Brands or Hobbico Brands because they both supply parts with their airplanes.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: radius1x1

Hey R Pilot,
    I agree with you. Any company that doesn't support its own products ain't worth a sqawt. The idea that ''they just ship it'' does not absolve them of the responsibility of spare parts nor any warning thereof; that's pure ''bull'' . They are a hobby company; act like it and learn the meaning of ''customer satisfaction'' and fair trade. We all crash sooner or later and need parts. Should not it be logical to go to the place of purchase?
    I'm glad you took the time to post your experience and hopefully a newb won't fall into the same Chinese trap.
    These moron deserve to be bad mouthed, maybe even subjected to the Chinese water torture. Buy from American companies and leave the fools to Nitroplanes....
    Well, I don't know that they are required to stock spare parts. If that was a concern, perhaps you should have checked before purchasing. I have had trouble finding parts for items I purchased from T and HH before also.

As far as buying from American companies - they are all having the planes made in the same or similar factories as Nitro.

Now, I have had issues with Nitro myself. Once incident was a plane that would not balance without a TON of lead in the nose. That one was never resolved. The other was that they shipped me the wrong plane but they quickly corrected the mistake. I don't like ordering from them, but when the price is $100 difference on a $400 item, I took a chance.

And - welcome to RCU R Pilot.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sarge, once again you are either blind or snifing to much CA. Again I'll ask;
    How did you get from expecting "good service, customer satisfaction, and parts support "to  "lack of responsibility for a crash?"
    I thought my grammer was quite clear!  Even my 10 yr.old GRANDSON can comprehend the question. As far as youngster goes; I noticed you joined in 2012 vs.my joining in 2009. I've been flying since 2008, bought a few ARFs and even built a few from scratch and plans.
    As a newb in 2008, I got suckered by Nitro with a YAK that burnt a motor and could'nt get a replacement..... only a moron would believe that a new plane would would'nt have the same problem.
    The standard business model most companies follow includes after the sale service. How would you feel if after having a NEW HVAC system installed you were told to buy a new one because a $25 part failed?
    I learned my Nitro lesson the hard way and hope others will not make the same mistake. Do you have a problem with that?
    Those who support Mediocrity will never understand excellence!!!!!
    Go chill with an egg roll and some wonton soup!
    God created all men equal; Colt keeps it that way!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

83scamp, Very well said.
    George Waco brother#209

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

What this guy needs is an instructor and a trainer plane that he can build from scratch or a kit, and before building it, trace the wing ribs on the plans before building and if anything happens then the replacement parts can be built in the amount of time fussing and talking over this china crap company bashing, and besides who cares enough about a cheap plane like this  to bash a company for your crashing into a tree! welcome to rcu

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: kwblake

ORIGINAL: GaryHarris

ORIGINAL: kwblake

OK.Β* Went and talked to the friend.Β* Changed my mind Gary.Β* I think some of us need a break from winter, so, chill a bit, and enjoy.Β*Β*Β* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvkfyYoLjhoΒ*Β*Β*Β*Β* I think I got ya beat with this one.Β*Β*Β* [img][/img]
    Reminds me of the movie. Good call brother. You have taste.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLMRBjjeoo

Now if someone will start another rant, we could share a couple more.Β* [img][/img] [img][/img] [img][/img]

Eventually we all die anyway, so why not enjoy the time we have here on this blue marble?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8S_rmdM6LBw
    Sig Kadet Brotherhood #1
    Ultra Sport Brotherhood #105

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sorry for your disappointmet with Nitroplanes. I think you won't get much sympathy here because most of the old timers have spent years in this hobby without any concept of "replacement parts"

For over 30 years the planes I flew were built from balsa and if you broke it, you had two choices, fix it yourself, or throw it away...

Having easily available spare parts for foamie aircraft is a very recent development in this hobby..

Its a matter of perspective.. I have bought many planes and helicopters from Nitroplanes and they have all been excellent value for money. I wouldn't call the company "bad" simply for not stocking spare parts... To me and many others.. there is no expectation of readily available spare parts..

Here is one idea...

Next time you buy a plane, buy two or three the same.. then you will have a full set of spares for the entire aircraft.. - I am being serious.. this is a fair option with the price of foamies so cheap nowadays.

I did that with the helicopters I bought from Nitroplanes and Hobbyking.. I'd always buy two kits (Average cost $29-$59 per kit) and that let me build one and have a box of spare parts for the entire heli for minimal cost...

..... frakkin cylons...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

How did you get from expecting ''good service, customer satisfaction, and parts support ''toΒ* ''lack of responsibility for a crash?''
    I thought my grammer was quite clear!Β* Even my 10 yr.old GRANDSON can comprehend the question. As far as youngster goes; I noticed you joined in 2012 vs.my joining in 2009. I've been flying since 2008, bought a few ARFs and even built a few from scratch and plans.
    As a newb in 2008, I got suckered by Nitro with a YAK that burnt a motor and could'nt get a replacement..... only a moron would believe that a new plane would would'nt have the same problem.
    The standard business model most companies follow includes after the sale service. How would you feel if after having a NEW HVAC system installed you were told to buy a new one because a $25 part failed?
    I learned my Nitro lesson the hard way and hope others will not make the same mistake. Do you have a problem with that?
    I noticed your second plane was a foam t-28. Good job on moving up.

My second plane was a 30cc extra 260.

Good luck with your foam flying skills!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

How did you get from expecting ''good service, customer satisfaction, and parts support ''toΒ* ''lack of responsibility for a crash?''
    I thought my grammer was quite clear!Β* Even my 10 yr.old GRANDSON can comprehend the question. As far as youngster goes; I noticed you joined in 2012 vs.my joining in 2009. I've been flying since 2008, bought a few ARFs and even built a few from scratch and plans.

You started flying in 2008!!! Haha that's funny, your STILL A NEWBIE. You have much more to learn. Let me know when you get 13 years flying and building then you can talk ****. Until then go call nitroplanes and get your self another plane. Your such a joke. Laughing out loud at you!!!!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Sgt Shay

How did you get from expecting ''good service, customer satisfaction, and parts support ''to ''lack of responsibility for a crash?''
    I thought my grammer was quite clear! Even my 10 yr.old GRANDSON can comprehend the question. As far as youngster goes; I noticed you joined in 2012 vs.my joining in 2009. I've been flying since 2008, bought a few ARFs and even built a few from scratch and plans.

You started flying in 2008!!! Haha that's funny, your still a newbie. You have much more to learn. Let me know when you get 13 years flying then you can talk ****. Until then go call nitroplanes and get your self another plane. Your such a joke. Laughing out loud at you!!!!!!
    13 years flying...... just a pup...

Try 35....

Lets try to support each other fellas, we all share this great hobby and should help each other enjoy it.... what is the point of trying to make someone feel bad by laughing at them?Is that the type of person you want to be?
    ..... frakkin cylons...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Rob2160

You started flying in 2008!!! Haha that's funny, your still a newbie. You have much more to learn. Let me know when you get 13 years flying then you can talk ****. Until then go call nitroplanes and get your self another plane. Your such a joke. Laughing out loud at you!!!!!!
    13 years flying...... just a pup...

Try 35....

Lets try to support each other fellas, we all share this great hobby and should help each other enjoy it..
    lol

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

rc planes arnt like cars..where the manufacture is required to make parts for the vehicle for a number of years...... i should be mad at hangar 9 when i stalled my f-22 and it hit the ground...i need a new fus...and they dont make the plane anymore.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Rob2160
    ORIGINAL: radius1x1As a newb in 2008, [...]
    Let me know when you get 13 years flying [...]
    13 years flying...... just a pup... Try 35....
    I've been doing it for 48 years, but the amount of years doesn't necessarily equate to the quality of build and repairs. I've seen some with only a few years experience really turn out nice results.

ORIGINAL: Rob2160 Lets try to support each other fellas, we all share this great hobby and should help each other enjoy it.... what is the point of trying to make someone feel bad by laughing at them?Β*Β*Is that the type of person you want to be?Β*
    Agreed.

Going back to the original poster, there are always repairs that someone who is inexperienced can do, with basic adhesives such as epoxy and carpenter's glue for foam, plastic packaging tape, scrap Styrofoam, plywood, etc. The more difficult repairs might provide a challenge beyond their abilities, but there is a certain self satisfaction when one accomplishes a repair that allows them to continue flying the same model.
    George Hostler
    And we know love by this, that He laid down His life for us, and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren. 1 John 3:16

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I know it is frustrating when you cannot get parts for a plane. I just cannot see the justification for stocking parts on a RTF $100 plane. You get up to the $500 ARF Planes and you expect some parts to be available. Many parts from similar aircraft can be made to work. An ESC or Motor... that is too easy to substitute. Foam wings glue together very well and adding some packing tape it is strong as new. I have got to chuckle at the guys trying to protect their perfect plane. It is only a matter of time before the new wears off. Just how much flying time should you get before you got your moneys worth. I am much more careful with my "good" airplanes, but I have more fun with my crashers! I certainly don't try to crash, but generally, a crash is not that devastating. Just pick up the pieces and stuff them into another airframe. Don't know how? Show up at the field with parts, tools and glue and someone will show you how.

It is a throw away society... why should the hobby be any different?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Back in the day, kit manufacturers would offer wing kits. I always needed fuselage kits as my wings would always remain in tact. You could get the wing kit though, but you had to build it.
    Times have changed. That is for sure.
    \"let\'\'\'\'s just say, they will be satisfied with less\" Ming the Merciless

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

A lot of spare parts for FMS,and other Chinese Airplanes can be found here:  http://www.hobby-paradise.com/en/index.html?javaID=d9bd62a154d23498bd15e6fcc498bbf1

There are other websites that stock spares for the aircraft Nitroplanes sells. Use Google, you will find what you are looking for....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ok Sarg, Get your laughs, since that is all your IQ seems to be capable of. You still don't get it, and can't answer a simple question. For one; I wouldn't support Nitro if they were the last distributor on earth.
    I may be a newb after flying RC since 2008 but I flew O2As in Nam and Cambodia and later refurbed a Cessna 337 I've been flying since 1975.
    It's not how long you've been in the hobby that counts, but rather what you've accomplished and learned. Some people learn faster than others, obviously you have'nt learned much about medocrity vs. excellence nor the value of a dollar. So, laugh away "crash and buy child"!!!!
    God created all men equal; Colt keeps it that way!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have a friend who can't see paying the price for a Tower Hobbies or Horizon Hobbies plane and thus has purchased only planes by Nitro Planes an Banana Hobby. Of the 3 planes he has purchased from those places, none are currently flying because he needs parts and can't get them. His most recent buy, a Corsair from Nitro planes crashed and messed up the wing. He can't find a wing anywhere for his plane, not even in their classifieds section. The only plane he has that still flies is the one he bought from Tower Hobbies, a Flyzone Cessna 182 Skylane Select Scale. He just recently bought the Hobby King Dago Red P-51 plane and is afraid to fly it for fear of crashing it and not being able to get parts. I the meantime I continue to fly my Flyzone and Parkzone/Hobbyzone planes with confidence, knowing that parts are only a trip to my LHS or a phone call to Tower.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have bought a number of things from NitroPlanes and HobbyPartz as well. Everything came through OK.  The ARF planes were double boxed too.

Unfortunately quite a few ARF and RTF planes sold by many companies and stores do not have spare parts either. One has to double check, if they expect to need spares before the purchase as they don't always advertise it. There are some stores that stock spares for some planes, but you have to check to see if they have spares before you buy. Sometimes they never get the spare parts in too.

Now one time I ordered some retracts from HobbyPartz and they were backordered for a long time. I inquired about it and they refunded the money after a couple of weeks. So it wasn't a big deal to me.  But I haven't had anything damaged yet that I got from them, so I haven't tried to get anything resolved as far as that happening so far.

Club Saito #722, Sig Kadet Brotherhood #80, GlowHead Brotherhood #14,
    AMA # 928076

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ok guys, time for me to step in here for a bit. There are a few people in here that can't seem to keep personal emotions out of a discussion, and have decided to take out their problems on those that they don't agree with. Let me put it this way. If you can't discuss an issue as this one without resorting to attacking those that you don't agree with, then I would suggest you refrain from entering into the discussion at all. Because if I see any more of these personal attacks I'm going to start handing out some timeouts. This is a simple matter people, and if you don't agree with what some people think that is fine and dandy. We are all entitled to our own opinions. But that doesn't give anybody the right to attack, insult, belittle, or speak badly to anybody whether you agree with them or not. So plain and simple guys, learn how to get along with each other. Otherwise you won't like what happens.

For those that are simply trying to discuss this issue I apologize for having to come in here and say this. Unfortunately some have made it necessary for me to have to do this. 

Ken 
    The take off is optional, but the landing is MANDATORY!!
    RCU Forum Manager
    www.gettingairborne.com
    RCKen Publications
    Brotherhood's
    Ultra Sport Brother #1
    Sig Brotherhood #4
    Balsa USA #4

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: earlwb Unfortunately quite a few ARF and RTF planes sold by many companies and stores do not have spare parts either. One has to double check, if they expect to need spares before the purchase as they don't always advertise it. There are some stores that stock spares for some planes, but you have to check to see if they have spares before you buy. Sometimes they never get the spare parts in too.
    That's where I think, earlwb that those who want to take a chance on purchasing planes from some of the volume internet houses that lack spares should expect to be able to repair these ARF's when they crash. Those who don't, then spend a little more on established vendors who do carry spares.

Otherwise, the ones who benefit are those who can repair, who receive these donor crash victims freely for their own use after repairs.
    George Hostler

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: RCKen

Ok guys, time for me to step in here for a bit. There are a few people in here that can't seem to keep personal emotions out of a discussion, and have decided to take out their problems on those that they don't agree with. Let me put it this way. If you can't discuss an issue as this one without resorting to attacking those that you don't agree with, then I would suggest you refrain from entering into the discussion at all. Because if I see any more of these personal attacks I'm going to start handing out some timeouts. This is a simple matter people, and if you don't agree with what some people think that is fine and dandy. We are allentitled to our own opinions. But that doesn't give anybody the right to attack, insult, belittle, or speak badly to anybody whether you agree with them or not. So plain and simple guys, learn how to get along with each other. Otherwise you won't like what happens.
    For those that are simply trying to discuss this issue I apologize for having to come in here and say this. Unfortunately some have made it necessary for me to have to do this.
    Ken
    that brought the thread to a screeching halt! We are all too scared to post anything now... ;-)

..... frakkin cylons...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Nitroplanes like many others simply don't have a "support after the sale" business model. My only problem with cheap planes is that I wish the companies would put some sort of disclaimer out there. For instance if you bought plane X, then it could state: "This is an AS IS sale and no parts availability offered." Then I know that if the plane comes with a damaged fuselage that is my responsibility.

There are good arguments involved around buying new items. Some use the analogy of buying an appliance and not be able to use it because of a bad 25 dollar part. I think the vendors should do a better job of documenting the ins and outs behind the models they sell. If I purchased an appliance and it stated that there were no parts availability and no support, then that is on me and would drive my decision.

If you knew the manufacturer you may have some recourse but many of the Nitroplanes el-cheapos - you just don't know where they were made. Some manufacturers are good about helping you after the sale if you have photos, etc., but the bad thing is that it may take a long time to get anything done and a lot of labor can be involved which may not be practical and so you have spent more than you would have if you had of just paid more from a reputable supplier.

Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. I simply do not buy from Nitroplanes based on what I have seen over the last few years from them. I find hardly anything in stock and the few planes I have seen that others have purchased have been as close to pure junk as I even could imagine with the occasional exception. I do buy some cheap planes just not from them. I have learned with any cheap item just not to go in with a great deal of expectation.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I tell folks this all the time (generally those new to the hobby) buy a system/plane/accessories that are common and repairable.  Normally Specktrum, Futaba, HiTec....Also as to planes the ones that come RTF more times than not from some website don't have buddy capability or spare parts so buy at your own risk.  I normally recommend E-Flite, Great Planes, Hangar 9, the big guys who are hobby grade.

Helis are worse.  I like the gents who pay $100 (slight exaggeration) for a 450  heli yet complain when it doesn't perform or when they crash and can't get parts.  You might as well throw it in the trash...Again stick with the hobby grade stuff.....and dealers...Is paying half the price still a deal when you have a crash - which you will - and you can't repair it?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast