Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: WARNING AVOID NITRO PLANES!

ORIGINAL: Rob2160
    ORIGINAL: RCKen We are allΒ*entitled to our own opinions. But that doesn't give anybody the right to attack, insult, belittle, or speak badly to anybody whether you agree with them or not. So plain and simple guys, learn how to get along with each other. Otherwise you won't like what happens.

For those that are simply trying to discuss this issue I apologize for having to come in here and say this. Unfortunately some have made it necessary for me to have to do this.
    that brought the thread to a screeching halt! Β*We are all too scared to post anything now... ;-)
    IMO only for those who insist on personal attacks instead of participating in the discussion.
    George Hostler
    Clovis MADS AMA Club, Vintage R/C Society (VRCS)
    And we know love by this, that He laid down His life for us, and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren. 1 John 3:16

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: RealFly Helis are worse.Β* I like the gents who pay $100 (slight exaggeration) for a 450 Β*heli yet complain when it doesn't perform or when they crash andΒ*can't get parts.Β* You might as well throw it in the trash...Again stick with the hobby grade stuff.....and dealers...Is paying half the price still a deal when you have a crash - which you will - and you can't repair it?
    I don't think that would stop the resourceful. It might take a little searching among spares for other helicopters, to find a workable match. A college student might do that to keep within budget. But you are right, find a suitable compromise that allows support along with a reasonably costed heli.
    George Hostler
    And we know love by this, that He laid down His life for us, and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren. 1 John 3:16

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

to rc ken ,how come a newbie who wants to get into a new aspect he knows nothing about and does not take the time to search it out, then gets what he thinks is a bum deal, now has all the time to check it out and complain. if i can not say what i think is his mistake, then why is it ok for him to slam a company for what he thinks is a bum deal , where others have had no problem. when ever i buy r/c products i am not familiar with i search it out and ask questions. it has always worked for me.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: bigstick60

to rc ken ,how come a newbie who wants to get into a new aspect he knows nothing about and does not take the time to search it out, then gets what he thinks is a bum deal, now has all the time to check it out and complain. if i can not say what i think is his mistake, then why is it ok for him to slam a company for what he thinks is a bum deal , where others have had no problem. when ever i buy r/c products i am not familiar with i search it out and ask questions. it has always worked for me.
    I never said that you couldn't tell him he was making a mistake. Read what I posted again. I said you can't attack, insult, put down, or belittle somebody you don't agree with. I never once said that you could point out they were in error.

Examples
    "I am sorry, but what you have posted isn't correct"

"Hey, you're wrong you stupid idiot".

Do you see the difference?? It's quite possible to point out that the person is not corrrect without insulting them. And that is the basis of my warning. If somebody can't figure out how to discuss this without insulting those that don't agree with you, then you should avoid discussing the issue. Because the name calling, insults, and personal attacks are done and won't be allowed here any longer. The choice is entirely up to those that want to participate in the discussion.

Ken

The take off is optional, but the landing is MANDATORY!!
    RCU Forum Manager
    www.gettingairborne.com
    RCKen Publications
    Brotherhood's
    Ultra Sport Brother #1
    Sig Brotherhood #4
    Balsa USA #4

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I recently purchased the 50 cc Zero when it dropped to $254.00. I knew I was taking my chances when I did, as I've read plenty about NP. When it arrived, I was pleasantly surprised. It was such a nice plane, I ordered a second, so I would have spare parts. (Thats two 82 inch Zeros shipped for under $600.00)
    Does this mean I'll by more items from NP? Probably not, but it sure would have been hard to build one at that cost, let alone two.
    In the end, I got exactly what I paid for. A cheap Chinese ARF , that if I bust up(flying in the tradewinds of Hawaii), I won't be upset.
    Casey
    Fliteskin, Sierra, Nelson Hobby, MICKO aircraft, Getstencils, Holman Plans, VicRC, Castle Creations, Addicted to Luft, BestPilots.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Interesting that you fly in Hawaii, Casey, the public model plane field east of the Pali Pass? I used to fly there in the late 1970's, early 1980's.

Of course if you have repairing skills, you could extend the life of both of those ARF's. At least you made a smart move in saving costs and still being able to fly in those 15 - 30 mph Trade Winds with the bigger planes.
    George Hostler

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ken, I was so looking forward to some great entertaining conversations where folks would call each other idiots, dumb____, jack____, etc.! [X(]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: GallopingGhostler

ORIGINAL: fly24-7 Not everyone wants to actually practicing modeling. Some want to plug and play. While that offends the sensibilities of many here on RCU, it's called evolution. Things change over time and not everyone likes the trend. That's life.
    Offends? I don't think that is representative of many, there may be a few vocal types that spurn anything of an RTF nature. And it goes ditto the other way.

I would say it is more in the realm of preferences, of which there is much freedom in. Main thing is to enjoy what you are doing, whether it is ARF and ARF parts, building from kits or scratch and repairing, ARF flying and self repairing, etc. If someone does like it, and if we aren't doing something wrong like breaking rules, then tough grits to others. Life is too short to let others control one's happiness.
    I vigerously agree.
    Never underestimate the importance of altitude...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: fly24-7 Not everyone wants to actually practicing modeling. Some want to plug and play. While that offends the sensibilities of many here on RCU, it's called evolution. Things change over time and not everyone likes the trend. That's life.
    Offends? I don't think that is representative of many, there may be a few vocal types that spurn anything of an RTF nature. And it goes ditto the other way.

I would say it is more in the realm of preferences, of which there is much freedom in. Main thing is to enjoy what you are doing, whether it is ARF and ARF parts, building from kits or scratch and repairing, ARF flying and self repairing, etc. If someone does like it, and if we aren't doing something wrong like breaking rules, then tough grits to others. Life is too short to let others control one's happiness.
    I vigerously agree. To each their own. I don't understand why people who choose to do as little as they have to on the building/fixing side are villified. It doesn't really affect those that still like to create sawdust.
    Never underestimate the importance of altitude...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Luchnia

Ken, I was so looking forward to some great entertaining conversations where folks would call each other idiots, dumb____, jack____, etc.! [X(]
    Me too but you forgot one word - F.O.G!!
    People like them all but ruined our flying club. No one wants to fly there because of a few bad seeds that the club will do nothing about.
    Jeff
    The only yard sales I go to is when I pick up my plane from all over the runway!!!!
    Revver bro #191

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: HUNTERANDJEFF

ORIGINAL: Luchnia

Me too but you forgot one word - F.O.G!!
    People like them all but ruined our flying club. No one wants to fly there because of a few bad seeds that the club will do nothing about.
    Ok, I may have a brain cramp going on here. What's F.O.G?

And yes, I realize I may regret asking that question!!!

The take off is optional, but the landing is MANDATORY!!
    RCU Forum Manager
    www.gettingairborne.com
    RCKen Publications
    Brotherhood's
    Ultra Sport Brother #1
    Sig Brotherhood #4
    Balsa USA #4

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I think it means "f-ing old guy".

Your warning was effective. The offenders aren't posting and if they do, they owe everybody an apology.

Mike
    Women who have big butts tend to live longer.
    Men who tell them that, don't.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Indiomike

I think it means ''f-ing old guy''.

Your warning was effective. The offenders aren't posting and if they do, they owe everybody an apology.

Mike
    That is exactly right! The offenders are as stated. Hopefully they will just keep to themselves. Our club has a few of these guys that have nothing but time on their hands and they are just waiting for someone to make a mistake or to say the wrong thing so they can pounce. Kindof like the kid that got beat up in school and becomes a bad cop!
    Jeff
    The only yard sales I go to is when I pick up my plane from all over the runway!!!!
    Revver bro #191

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: RCKen

Ok guys, time for me to step in here for a bit. There are a few people in here that can't seem to keep personal emotions out of a discussion, and have decided to take out their problems on those that they don't agree with. Let me put it this way. If you can't discuss an issue as this one without resorting to attacking those that you don't agree with, then I would suggest you refrain from entering into the discussion at all. Because if I see any more of these personal attacks I'm going to start handing out some timeouts. This is a simple matter people, and if you don't agree with what some people think that is fine and dandy. We are allentitled to our own opinions. But that doesn't give anybody the right to attack, insult, belittle, or speak badly to anybody whether you agree with them or not. So plain and simple guys, learn how to get along with each other. Otherwise you won't like what happens.
    For those that are simply trying to discuss this issue I apologize for having to come in here and say this. Unfortunately some have made it necessary for me to have to do this.
    Ken
    Thanks . Reading through this several days after posting and seeing all of the nasty comments I thought I was on another site ! It would have been nice to see more folks trying to help the kid/guy .

Brian Ray

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have bought many planes from NitroPlanes with near 100% satisfaction. Their customer support works fairly well too. I got one of their Tech One planes with damaged decals. They quickly shipped me a replacement decal set which was the wrong color. Once notified they quickly sent me out another correct set.

Had another one where the canopy that came with my Starfire was terribly foggy and I requested a replacement. It was sent out quickly but was hilariously worse than the one I attempted to replace in the first place (hence why it is silver).

NitroPlanes will continue to get my business.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zx72171.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	89.9 KB 
ID:	1847006  
    When you stare into the abyss, sometimes the abyss stares right back into you.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Not always are US hobby suppliers good.

There was one hobby supplier on E-Bay I will never buy from again. Showed a half dozen tires in 1.5 inch size in the picture. Mentioned nothing of quantities in the description. The only hint was in the item title, something like 35mm lightweight rubber tires in plastic hub (2). I paid around $5 plus several dollars shipping, got only 2 tires. Explanations I got was rude, "anybody who's been in the hobby knows that tires are always packaged in 2's, in essence I should know better. I gave him a marginal rating, he gave me no rating.

Next time I'll buy tires from a China supplier.
    George Hostler

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The only hint was in the item title, something like 35mm lightweight rubber tires in plastic hub (2).
    No offense, but that seems like a pretty clear hint.
    When you stare into the abyss, sometimes the abyss stares right back into you.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

With a picture of six (6) tyres? There is a conflict.
    George Hostler

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

This is where the misunderstanding with NitroModels Inc. originates from.

NitroModels Inc. does not follow the "standard business model".
    And, comparing HVAC service to an online-retail business is a poor example.

Many online retailers, including NitroPlanes use a "direct distribution" business model.
    HobbyKing goes even further from the standard, and uses a "drop shipping" service.
    In other words: the merchandise you receive maynotactuallybe stocked byyour online retailer.

"Wholesale-to-the-public" is a much better comparison, when referring to American distributors of Chinese products.

Nitro Models is -in fact- an online distributor, as well as a retailer.

The customer benefits from a lower price with direct distribution; however, the possibility of brick-and-mortar or on-callcustomer service does not exist.

No warranty, express or implied: http://www.nitroplanes.com/teandco.html

ORIGINAL: radius1x1
    The standard business model most companies follow includes after the sale service. How would you feel if after having a NEW HVAC system installed you were told to buy a new one because a $25 part failed?
    AMA# 919518
    AMYA# 17303
    ROAR# 122293

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You could have checked first to see if you could buy replacement parts for that plane before you purchased that kit.
    Norm

happy flyin keep smilin

THERE\'\'\'\'S NO LIFE LIKE IT

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If you want good flying and spare parts, get the Hobbyzone Super Cub LP. That plane is a great trainer and is a hoot to fly, it also has great low speed characteristics which is a real help when learning to fly. When I was training with it, I went through 7 cowls, 2 wings, and 3 tails, and you can order it all from Hobbyzone's website.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Quite simply, you get what you pay for in many different ways. Best of luck.

I'm on my 4th big AT6 in the last 5 years. They are cheap and fly great. Can't ask for more than that. Not their fault that bad things happen. Paul
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rp43822.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	39.7 KB 
ID:	1853296   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vq50647.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	70.9 KB 
ID:	1853297  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Should not have hit the tree I have a 1/3 scale cub from them with a dle 55 on it and theres nothing wong with the aircraft and as far as nitro goes I would have no problem ordering from them agian!
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Timberlake-RC-Club
    Spitfire Brotherhood # 159

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: maddog 71

Should not have hit the tree I have a 1/3 scale cub from them with a dle 55 on it and theres nothing wong with the aircraft and as far as nitro goes I would have no problem ordering from them agian!
    I didn't know they sold a 1/3rd scale cub.
    Jeff
    Revver bro #191

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast