Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Sundancer cabanes

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Sundancer cabanes

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2018, 06:45 AM
dwsc
My Feedback: (81)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sundancer cabanes

I am looking for a set of cabanes for a sundancer 50cc arf, I need both of them and the hard points that go into the wing.
Old 11-21-2018, 05:00 AM
Appowner
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Have you tried contacting Sig? [email protected]
Old 11-22-2018, 05:04 AM
Appowner
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I contacted Sig and they do not have the plans for this plane since it was an ARF.

I'm not familiar with the model but from pictures it looks like the center cabanes are formed aluminum similar to landing gear. And the pieces plug into sockets on either side of the fuselage where a bolt or two holds them in place to the fuselage. I suspect the top wing has two bolt hole locations on the bottom of it. The bolts pass upward through the top of the cabane and into the wing. Just guessing on all this based on what I've been able to glean from various online pictures.

Outer cabanes appear to have small angle brackets that attache to the cabane and hard points in the wing. I suspect the cabanes also have a tab on each end that plugs into a socket on each wing. The tab basically just aligns things while the brackets hold it all together. I'm seeing four of the little angle brackets at each end / mounting location of the cabanes. Total of 8 brackets for each cabane or 16 for the entire model.

More details as to what you see there and some close up pics of the attachment areas as they are now would help. I still stand by the idea of making your own cabanes.