Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Best Hellcat ARF on the market ?

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Best Hellcat ARF on the market ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 03:24 PM
Granpooba
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Best Hellcat ARF on the market ?

Hey Guys,

Years ago and I will not say how many as then you will know that I am older than dirt. But, I built from a Jemco kit a nice Hellcat. Recently I have been putting together Great Planes Revolver's, both the 59 and 70's. One has a Saito 91, another has a DLE-20, my Rev 59 has an OS .55 AX and the final one will have a OS GT 22.

Figuring that I am all done with Revolver's and thinking ahead to another build some time in the future, I was thinking why not a nice Hellcat. But not paying much attention to the markets lately, I really do not feel much like researching all the Hellcat ARF's and you folks out there should know which ones are the best and which ones to stay away from.

Keep in mind that I would like to power it with something like a DLE-20 to DLE-30. I might even consider a 4 stroke.

Thus with this said, what do you recommend ?
Old 03-19-2013, 04:00 PM
Texastbird

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Best Hellcat ARF on the market ?

http://www.troybuiltmodels.com/items/ESMF6F-72FAF.html
I haven't seen one of these personally, but have heard they are decent and would be in the ball park for engine size.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:03 AM
rcfighterjock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That would have been my recommendation. I built a CMP Hellcat a while back and am very pleased with it, but the glasswork and overall quality of my ESM models tends to be a bit better. I'm looking real close at getting one of the ESM Hellcats myself! By the way, I built the old Jemco Hellcat as well. I still have it! Flew it for a couple years and it's been on a shelf in the hangar. Ah, memories.
Old 03-20-2013, 02:04 PM
maukaonyx

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I suggest looking at the H9 Hellcat. A 20cc would do well in it, I think. I saw an electric powered one at my field, and it flies really nice. I am not too keen on ESM because I had a Frank and it was way too tail heavy before balancing. H9 makes their planes pretty light to me. Jon
Old 03-20-2013, 02:49 PM
Granpooba
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: rcfighterjock

That would have been my recommendation. I built a CMP Hellcat a while back and am very pleased with it, but the glasswork and overall quality of my ESM models tends to be a bit better. I'm looking real close at getting one of the ESM Hellcats myself! By the way, I built the old Jemco Hellcat as well. I still have it! Flew it for a couple years and it's been on a shelf in the hangar. Ah, memories.

The reason that I picked this posting to respond to is because a fellow club member also had a CMP Hellcat and really like it. His model flew incrediably well, but also he in my mind is an increditably good RC pilot. The thing is that he just yesterday also recommended the ESM Hellcat.

I looked at their Hellcat and had considered it. I think that if I were to purchase one right now it would be the ESM version. But I have another problem and that is they also have and I like very much the ESM Skyraider. That also looks like one heck of a nice model.

Thus my only problem will probably be choosing the Hellcat or the Skyraider. But with my way of thinking that you only pass this way once and you can not take those $$$$ with you, I may choose to do both models. Time will tell.

Thank you for the recommendations ........... [8D]
Old 03-20-2013, 03:22 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Go with BOTH.....yes life is short and kit runs from a manufacturer maybe faster!